A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,579
Currently Running With Scissors:
435 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: fake dog (or cat) poo!  (Read 9448 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

meowari
« on: November 18, 2005 06:36:09 AM »

My dad makes fake dog poo:

Do you think there's a market for it? And where would you try selling it? How much would you pay for it?
P.S. My dad is pretty much blind, and if he can supplement his Social Security/ Disability checks with this, it would be really nice, so please respond. I've never sold anything online before, and I told him I would try to help him with it, but I'm pretty clueless about selling online.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009 12:10:47 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed pictures » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mia Ow
http://MiaOw.etsy.com

meow baby!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2005 06:44:25 AM »

Wow thats sick!  Good for him for making stuff.  There has always been a market for fake poo, just look at any novilty / card shop.  I myself have bought the stuff (for when I bring the dogs over to my parents or sisters house).  However, I haven't paid more than 3 or 4 bucks for the stuff so don't expect to get rich off of it.  I'm not sure how you would market it but it sure does look real and  you really should play up to the handmade and one of a kind and realness quality of it,  I'm sure you could sell it to some people.  The nice thing is that it looks real and not fake and uniform like the rubber and plastic mass produced poo I've seen.  Good luck.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

meow baby
Mia Ow
http://MiaOw.etsy.com

meow baby!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2005 06:56:38 AM »

Oh if he make so much that you can't sell, you could aways put poo in someones stocking (instead of coal).  Or you could try to market it as such.
Also (the weird things I know about....)
 I know its sick but there is a website (you'll have to google it) that will send real dog poo to people anonymously.  You could always do something like that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

meow baby
meowari
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2005 07:04:57 AM »

Wow! 3-4 dollars! Do you really think people will pay that much? That would be really awesome, because he thought a dollar or two, at most. I told him that he has a talent for it, and most fake poo doesn't look that good, but he didn't believe me. I'm going to call him up tonight and tell him. Thanks for taking the time to respond, this is going to make his day!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
serenityinsleep
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2005 07:35:33 AM »

I think they'd make great gag gifts.

As for price, I'd say maybe even $5 if it was a large-ish.... pile, especially if you can get businesses (I'm thinking places like Spencers Gifts, if you know what that store is) to sell 'em.

And I agree, this poo does take the cake for the most realistic-looking.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sewlikewhoa
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2005 08:16:13 AM »

That made me really sick to look at, its very very very realistic. I am just curious how he got into this hobby. I couldnt imagine making poo.

edit: Or fake poo I should say.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"underwater, I wrote drowning"
Coo Coo the Bird Girl
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2005 08:21:45 AM »

I am being 100% straight up when I say this is the coolest poo I've ever seen.  Your dad rocks and has really cool shit!  I'd easily "deposit" five bucks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
meowari
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2005 01:42:20 PM »

Thanks, guys! I really appreciate all of your replies! Someone at work told me to try E-bay, but it's not something you really auction off... I thought I might try a joke shop or something, but I haven't really looked. I thought the internet would be better than going from store to store. Hopefully, I'll figure it out sooner or later. Thanks again for all the input!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ihatecraftster
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2005 03:08:12 PM »

I think they'd make great gag gifts.

As for price, I'd say maybe even $5 if it was a large-ish.... pile, especially if you can get businesses (I'm thinking places like Spencers Gifts, if you know what that store is) to sell 'em.

Spencer's Gifts is an awesome store that i suggest you sell at. They have tons of gag gifts and even some cool stuff too.

btw, what is it made of?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
meowari
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2005 05:25:28 PM »

He uses all kinds of stuff... Stuff that you shouldn't mix together and bake. I don't remember all of it, but I know there's clay, latex, salt, and shellac. I think a few more things, but I don't remember. I know that they'll swell and leave stains on stuff if they get wet, so that's part of the reason I'm hesitant about approaching a joke shop. They're better looking than the ones at Spencer's, but they don't hold up as well. That reminds me of when I worked at the mall and it was slow, so we put one out in the middle of the walkway to see people's reactions...man, it made my day, and almost made working at the mall bearable.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
4th of July Americana Style Tips
How the Kimono Evolved Through History
First Date Outfit Tips
How to Style the Perfect Prom Outfit
Wear 1 Army Jacket 5 Ways Like Jessica Alba
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
Are You Ready For Some Football?
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...