A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,467
Currently Running With Scissors:
454 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: yoo hoo, kansas city? anyone there??  (Read 3372 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

gretchen28
Live, Craft, Share!

Kitt, Let's Knit!

View Profile WWW
« on: May 22, 2004 09:13:28 AM »

hey kansas city craftsters... i am in love with this site. it's so full of beautiful inspiration.  i am wondering where the heck people get the time to do all these amazing projects.  anyhoo... it's summertime and i just thought we could use this area to post any area happenings...or ideas on how we can connect in the KC/Lawrence craftster community.   

happy day!
xo-
gretchen
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life's a Banquet and Most Poor Suckers are Starving to Death
christiangrl32
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2004 01:59:20 PM »

Kansas City girl, here! Well, at least for the time being. It's nice to see another area girl here on the site. I just started soapmaking a few months ago and am trying to start up a biz, but it's slow going. What kind of stuff do you do?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jinxya26

But I gotta Rock!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2004 12:38:14 PM »

hey, ladies,

I'm in Kansas City too. I love to make purses, magnets, anything that is out of felt. I actually live right down the road from Hobby Lobby, which has tons of great sales, then on there is a Micheals, and the theirs also a Hancock Fabrics too, close by!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gretchen28
Live, Craft, Share!

Kitt, Let's Knit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2004 09:52:19 AM »

there is a Yo-Ya group i've been involved with once, if anyone's interested... we do yoga for an hour then knit for an hour!   last time we met at Toto's coffeehouse in Mission and just did the knitting part. I'll post if we have another!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dandilion
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2004 09:42:04 AM »

Hiya Gretchen28!
I'm in Kansas City also.  I do just about anything that tickles my fancy at the moment..a craft du jour kinda girl, you could say.  Right now i'm really excited about crocheting.  Unfortunately, I'm stuck with teaching myself at the moment.  i'm trying to learn to make granny squares.  I've got something going that looks about right, but i'm not completely convinced.

My friend and i started a club as well.  So far we are only two...well, two plus my husband who turns out to be a craft-loop pot-holder making fiend!  We have lots of ideas, but have yet to build up any significant momentum.  let me know what's going on with your group!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gretchen28
Live, Craft, Share!

Kitt, Let's Knit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2004 09:12:13 AM »

Hi dandi and the kc crafters...

our Yoga-Knitting group is still together, but for now it's just knitting.  ??  crazy.  anyway, i just wanted to tell you all about an awesome yarn shop in old downtown overland park.  wow.  don't know the name, but it's across the street from The Other Place and McCloud's photography. i think that's 80th and Metcalf.   just beautiful stuff...

I"ll post here next time we have a stitch n bitch. we're thinking of possibly doing it there, or at Toto's Coffeehouse, which is near Johnson Drive and Metcalf.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lostdogcreations
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2004 01:05:22 PM »

Hello KC craftsters!  I am actually in central Missouri, but we set up at the KC City Market some weekends during the summer.  I love that place!  Mainly produce stands, but the craft side of the market is growing by leaps and bounds.  And it is a great way to get your name out there if you are trying to start a crafty business.  Hey - maybe next summer some of you KC craftsters can come by and say hi!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gretchen28
Live, Craft, Share!

Kitt, Let's Knit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2004 04:07:25 PM »

well, i've drifted from the yoga-knitting thing, mostly b/c it costs money which i don't have.... but if you are a knitter, there is a thursday night Knit Night that meets usually every week at someone's home.   all of us live in kansas (JoCo)  but if you're not too far away, we are open to that too.... drop me an email if you're interested.  we love creative funny people who like to cook soup for others and drink.    Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sillyme
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2004 06:35:19 AM »

Hello!!!!  This is my first post here, but I've been searching around craftster for a few months... This site is awesome!!  I've gotten quite a few of my xmas present ideas off here and must say-- They were well recieved!

I'm in the Kansas City area and am always down for getting together to try new things out. I want to learn how to knit-- but haven't gotten the guts to try it yet..
if anyone feels like being a teacher--- let me know!!

Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged
niney
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2005 10:04:37 PM »

Smiley
Hello, I'm from KC as well. I just took up knitting again at the request of a friend of mine. We are hoping to form a small club to sit around and shoot the shit.. as well as get some crafting done.. we crochet, sew, knit, the works. I am also interested in learning new ways to be crafty. I'd love to talk to you guys..
you can email me
or send me a message on one of my many messanger services...

xoxo
nine
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Monday Makeover - Perfect Lashes
How to Do Halloween Gothic Makeup
Best & Worst Beauty
DIY Fuller and Longer Lashes
Supermodel Secrets: Coco Rocha on Taking the Perfect Selfie
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...