A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 300,899
Currently Running With Scissors:
410 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: One tiny thing swap 2  (Read 18481 times)
Tags for this thread: one_tiny_thing_swap_gallery  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Neliamne
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2005 05:57:51 AM »

lasandri: Thanks!  I actually took the mitten pattern out of Weekend Knitting (by Melanie Falick) which calls for a bulky yarn on US10 1/2 needles.  I just used much finer yarn on size US3 needles and worked the same pattern.  The only difference was I had to cut out a few rows because the length to width ratio of the two yarns were different, but that I just did by eyeballing it.  I really like how they turned out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

00babygirl
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2005 01:33:39 PM »

Aww I love everything I've seen in this swap so far. I wanted to join but I didn't have positive feedback from my first swap yet. Will there be a round 3?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Writer78
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2005 07:44:18 AM »

I got my tiny thing from DevilDoll!  It's a lovely little trinket box tin.  It's as elegant and as beautiful and professionally made as I knew it would be.  I'm a huge fan of her work and pestered her into joining a swap so that I could swap with her!  Lalala...  I love cheating...  Wink

The tin is approx. 2 1/2 by 4 inches.  The image is an authentic Victorian-era advertisement.  DevilDoll handpainted it with watercolors and edged it in ribbon and delicate chain.

My first instinct is always so save something this lovely for a "special" use.  However, I've saved too many pretty things over the years (journals, candles, etc.) without giving them much use, always waiting for some "perfect" use for them.  So this lovely thing is going in my desk drawer to hold my paperclips.  It's not as dramatic as waiting to have a boyfriend and then using this box to hold little love notes from him, but heck, if I waited for that, it could be a loooong time...   Roll Eyes  So I'm going to get a lot of use out of it and enjoy it all the more because I'll see and handle it so much more often!

THANK YOU, DevilDoll, for playing swap with me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lasandri
originator of the term "crackster", as in craftster is like crack.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2005 11:28:16 AM »

*sitting on hands, just waiting for my partner to post what she got Wink *  LOL i'm just impatient and a little bit proud of what i made Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lasandri
originator of the term "crackster", as in craftster is like crack.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2005 10:05:19 PM »

hooray! sporkx told me she received and here is what i made her:

a mini-journal! the front:

top view:

1st page:

(It says this journal belongs to Liz)

this is the first journal i've given out as a present to anyone (all the others i've made were for school or me) and the first time i gave a swap item where the main item is not a knitted thing Smiley
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011 05:17:19 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

sporkx71

Like anything I made? http://sporkx71.etsy.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2005 10:31:09 PM »

yay! thank you! isn't it cute?!?!? i love that its small enough to go in my purse.  Grin thanks again, i hope you recieve from me soon... Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Like anything I've made? BUY it here: http://sporkx71.etsy.com
CraftyZary
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2005 12:46:47 AM »

Writer78-  that tiny trinet box that you got from DevilDoll is so adorbale! The victorian image is very pretty and the watercolor painting work done is amazing! I love it!

Lasandri-  What a lovely journal you made for sporkx!  It is beautiful and looks very well made and it has so many pages! great job.

I would love to see (and participate in) a 3rd round of this swap, everyone's crafts are amazing and it is one of my favorite swaps  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

poppysmum

Mei has arrived! Pic ASAP...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2005 04:05:04 AM »

Oh I only just found the gallery. Everything is so GREAT! I love this swap, it's really exciting! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kategirl
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

queen of awkward

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2005 09:55:20 AM »

lasandri, that's beautiful!  I absolutely love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Nutella

In a free knitting pattern kind of way.

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2005 10:34:15 AM »

Poppysmum, I am SO excited for you to get your package, and me to get mine... I keep hoping that somehow international post ignored the holiday here (Thanksgiving) and so you'll have it waiting for you today and I'll have mine when I get into work tomorrow!

I don't want to give anything away, but the pattern I used is in a book by a designer who will be at a local knitting shop this week. So I'm going to print out a photo of what I made you to show off!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wisty bandwagon: http://wists.com/?q=nutellanutterson

I'm walking and raising funds in support of AIDS Project Los Angeles: http://aidswalklosangeles2007.kintera.org/kejreeves
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Pharrell to Collaborate with Adidas Using Recycled Materials
5 Trendy Spring Jacket Looks
How to Wear a Crop Top and High Waisted Trousers
Must Have Wide Calf Boots for Spring 2014
Get a H&M Wedding Dress for $100
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...