A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,502
Currently Running With Scissors:
600 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: One tiny thing swap 2  (Read 18024 times)
Tags for this thread: one_tiny_thing_swap_gallery  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Pearliepie

I'm a llama! And I like it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: January 12, 2006 10:34:44 AM »

So.. because of a communication mix up my original partner Pearliepie left the swap. When we realized it was just a mix up we decided to still swap- just unofficially and without deadlines. I just got her item last night and all I can say is that I think she was working on it this ENTIRE TIME. And by that I mean without eating or sleeping or anything!!
I don't have pictures yet, but as soon as I post those everyone will see what incredible trash I sent her in comparison.. so I figured I'd post what I sent her now.
She said she liked silly stuffies and also that her favorite animal was a rabbit.. so I made her a silly rabbit finger puppet!

I love my rabbit! There is nothing "trash" about him, and you had better stop saying that! He'll come back over to your haouse and beat you with his Carrot of Pain. (As you can see, I've already created a back story for him and everything!)
I am so glad you like the garden. I almost kept it, but I took so long that I didn't want to make you wait for another. I'm working on one for me, so I'll post it when I finish!

And thanks to everyone else for the compliments!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I dream of a house covered with your art, and would love a personal swap. Pm me if you'd like to spread the crafty love! I also need blue fabric scraps for a scrap quilt!

Swaps:
SewPixie
FOC Bandit #12

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: January 12, 2006 10:52:59 AM »

Shocked wow! That is awesome. Doesn't it make you wish you were a teeny tiny person and could hang out in that beaded park. Horray for tiny thing swap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

.:See profile for blog & Flickr info!:.
Writer78
« Reply #122 on: January 12, 2006 11:31:50 AM »

He'll come back over to your haouse and beat you with his Carrot of Pain. (As you can see, I've already created a back story for him and everything!)

Dude, you and I would SO get along!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bobolink
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Note the knitting pirate chalk bag!

I hate it when rocks eat my head

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #123 on: January 12, 2006 12:31:56 PM »

I knew your tiny thing would cause a sensation Pearliepie!
It's sitting on a place of honor on my desk at work so I can look at it whenever I need to escape.
So it's a carrot of pain!!- That explains A LOT..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/Bobolink
Sorry I've been absent! Can't wait to chill with you all again Smiley
Anyone want to swap alphabet ATCs?
Pearliepie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: January 12, 2006 05:25:53 PM »

So it's a carrot of pain!!- That explains A LOT..
HA!
I can't belive I forgot to tell you this part: About a year ago my husband and I spent an enitre weekend watching zombie movies. Well, that Sunday night, I could NOT sleep because I was so freaked out that zombies were going to sneak into my house and eat my brains. So I got up and made a little zombie doll, complete with a felt carrot (because he is a nice, veg-head zombie, of course!). When my husband saw it, he asked me why my zombie was holding a "Carrot Of Pain".
So when I got Hazel (that's the name of the bunny finger puppet, for those of you playing at home) I just knew that he and the zombie would be great friends.

Man, I wish I could get my stupid camera and computer to play nice! I want to show the pictures!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I dream of a house covered with your art, and would love a personal swap. Pm me if you'd like to spread the crafty love! I also need blue fabric scraps for a scrap quilt!

Swaps:
Nutella

In a free knitting pattern kind of way.

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 12, 2006 05:29:36 PM »

That tiny world is spectacular! Pearliepie, how is it made? I don't want you to give away trade secrets or anything, but I'm just starting to explore French beaded flowers (is that what they're called? I'm having a brain spasm...) and I wondered if that was a similar technique on the tree...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wisty bandwagon: http://wists.com/?q=nutellanutterson

I'm walking and raising funds in support of AIDS Project Los Angeles: http://aidswalklosangeles2007.kintera.org/kejreeves
Pearliepie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: January 12, 2006 05:45:07 PM »

I've never tried the French flowers, so I'm not sure if it's the same or not! But french flowers are done with beading wire, right? I just used nemo and a lot of swearing.

The base of the trunk is tubular peyote, but otherwise I just freehanded it. I did the trunk and branches first, and then added the leafy bit. Hmm. I'm not sure that I can explain that bit at all. First I connected a few beads of different sizes between each branch. Then I did some circular netting stitches off that base row, and then I tried to pull it up into a round ball shape. It worked for the most part, but wasn't big enough so I just added beads randomly.

Wow. That was like, the worst description ever. I'll try to take some notes while I work on my current piece.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swaps:
Bobolink

Note the knitting pirate chalk bag!

I hate it when rocks eat my head

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #127 on: January 12, 2006 05:47:59 PM »

That's such great story about the "carrot of pain" I didn't realize that!
Maybe Hazel can be the nice veg Zombie's pet rabbit. Either that or an evil sidekick holding a carrot of pain.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/Bobolink
Sorry I've been absent! Can't wait to chill with you all again Smiley
Anyone want to swap alphabet ATCs?
Nutella

In a free knitting pattern kind of way.

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 12, 2006 07:49:49 PM »

Pearliepie, that made sense to me, sorta! I just need to get better at beading (and invest in an Ott light so I don't go blind!  Shocked )

Really beautiful piece.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wisty bandwagon: http://wists.com/?q=nutellanutterson

I'm walking and raising funds in support of AIDS Project Los Angeles: http://aidswalklosangeles2007.kintera.org/kejreeves
rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Member of the Papercraft Gang

"Best of 2013" Winner; too lazy to change avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: January 16, 2006 08:39:41 AM »

I got a beautiful shrine from my amazing swap angel, amaryllisroze. I just love it. Here's the outside:

And here's a shot of the inside:

Of course it looks better in person. She paid so much attention to detail. It's so well done. I love the colors.

Thank you so much, amaryllisroze! You made my day!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy shop. Scary Toys and Halloween for everyone!
My blog: junk&stuff
Pinterest
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Baby Bumble Bee Sweater Part 8/9
How to Crochet a Baby Cap Part 6/14
How to Crochet a Baby Cap Part 7/13
How to Crochet a Baby Bumble Bee Sweater Part 7/9
How to Crochet a 6 Inch Hole Christmas Tree Skirt Part 2/4
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...