A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November 17 News: WOW!  Congratulate the winner of DIY Halloween Costumes 2015!
Total Members: 305,439
Currently Running With Scissors:
711 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: What would you like? It's your felting board! :D  (Read 3444 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2005 08:01:49 PM »

I just stopped by to give a woot to Jane & Grace... Cheesy
Great idea for a thread & congrats on being the Felting Mods  :-)!!

An idea could be to just start the threads for these felters, to get their gears turning... Smiley  Depending on what topic floats my boat that the moment, I start "Scrapbook" threads.  I started a Sticky thread for Halloween '05 that was 2005 Completed Costumes Scrapbook (completed projects with pictures go here) http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=60346.0.  It was a fun thread that was mostly geared towards photos & showing off their hard work for the season!

So maybe, "Pictures of your best 2005 Felt Project!".  We tend to make so many projects, we don't even think to post them, until we see a thread topic that gets us off our butt to do so Cheesy

Some others could be...
  • Felted Gift ideas
  • Felted Critters
  • Favorite Felting Supply Sites (or Felting Resources)
  • Felting for the holidays (whatever holiday is coming up)

Anywho, glad to see the Felt boards are growing ~ hopefully you guys can teach me a thing or 20 about it Cheesy

When life gives you lemons, make cocktails! Grin
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2005 11:45:34 PM »

I am glad that now the felting board has moderators!  Cheesy  And I see that now thanks to the wonderful mods (GraceOblivious and JaneDoe) the board is now alive and is getting full of information, tutorials and ideas and is growing fast. Thanks Jane and Grace, you are doing a great job!

I like felting but I stoped doing it for a while and after finding this felting board I got inspired to start felt projects again and now I am doing more things and am more inspired.

The idea of the sticky posts is very good, and there are already some good ideas given. Other ideas that cross my mind are:

- A 'felt-along' thread: The moderators could choose a topic and we could all felt along and come up with our version, either wet or needle felted. Like this we would have one more reason to felt and the felting board would be having more new projects to see  Smiley

- The 'favorite felting tips' idea that was given already by GraceOblivious

- A 'Felt resources thread' with info about books, websites, supplies, etc.

- Maybe a 'felting troubles' thread where we could share our problems related to felting and maybe find a solution? I for example get a bad hand allergy while wet felting and I am curious to know if it is only me or if it is a common thing (I am not allergic to wool and I don't get any reaction with needle felting), so maybe a topic like this with strange things that happen to us or our felting project would be nice, helpful and even fun?

Well, these were my crazy ideas but I am vey glad to see that the mods are doing a great job and that the felt board is growing so fast!  Smiley

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2005 05:27:49 AM »

Great ideas.  Keep 'em coming.  Am keeping a list so we won't loose any ideas, you all are giving us lots of ways to maybe get out the inspiration and sharing Nest and many of us are  looking for here.  Yeaaaaa!!!

More people, more ideas, give, give, give  Grin

Will keep the running list in the first post - please comment on what you want most or share new ideas.

Etsy http://www.feltsewcrafty.etsy.com
Zibbet http://www.zibbet.com/aTranquilNook
Blog http://aTranquilNook.blogspot.com/
Oh how I love to Sew and Make felt
corduroy cat
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2005 06:00:11 AM »

ooooh so much has happened here in the short month i was offline!! you gals rock!!! i really like the idea of a felt-along. i think it would be fun to see everyone's unique take on a project and then showcase them afterwards. i'd like to try and take on something big though, like one of GraceOblivious's chair covers or a rug.
sunday dec 3rd i'm going to a felting workshop and one of the project options is felted slippers. seems like a lot of my felting friends on here would like to learn how to do this, so i'm pondering choosing that for my project. i suppose if they come out decent i could try a do a tut Smiley
Jane Doe

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2005 06:29:29 AM »

Wondered why all was quiet on the teamwang front Wink

I've been itching to do a large rug for a while too. UNI ends in a week, and my man is flying to Japan for a month, so I'll hopefully have all the time in the world to work on it.
I was hoping to do a skin-themed rug complete with vein + arteries poking through different parts.
Maybe a rug could be our first felt-along? Maybe not, it isn't inclusive of needle-felters and maybe a more simple craft-along would be better.
Maybe felt soap? It's simple, and there's a tutorial so everyone can get involved

Whether you decide to post a tut or not, definately take a camera with you to your felt class. It makes things so much easier to remember when you leave the class and try your next project at home.

Have fun at your class!

corduroy cat
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2005 09:19:01 AM »

ah, great idea about the camera! ooh and the rug! you know i'm into freaky feltings, lol.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Sherry Jones on Her Novel Four Sisters, All Queens
Beach House Memories Book Trailer
Michelle Harrison on Her New Book Unrest
Hilary Weisman Graham on Her Book Reunited
Bremmer on His Book Every Nation For Itself in a G-Zero World
Latest Blog Articles
November 25, 2015 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Cube Advent Calendar
Thankful for Family

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...