A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,106
Currently Running With Scissors:
678 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: IK Fall '05 Skacel add pinwheel sweater KAL!  (Read 15698 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

yogaknitty
« Reply #50 on: December 17, 2005 01:19:59 PM »

lanyu, that was the way I did it, each side of the section has its own yarn.  You don't carry it across the bound off stitches.  One more thing the pattern didn't tell you.

It will be VERY interesting to see all the sweaters and hear all the tales!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lanyu
« Reply #51 on: December 17, 2005 05:44:00 PM »

After I tried out on row 32 and did a math, I think the Sl 4 sts purlwise is not necessary since the last knit 52 includes knitting these four slipped stitches; unless it makes the first four stitches as the last four stitches of one section for some reason which I cannot figure it out.  Please help me out since I am totally confused and blocked.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
lanyu
« Reply #52 on: December 18, 2005 08:23:41 AM »

This must be typo error.  On the row 37 of the bottom section, the end up total stitches is 38, not 39 sts.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tiegan

The Dude Abides

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #53 on: December 25, 2005 09:23:53 AM »

I was so excited to see these threads about this sweater.I've had my eye on it for what a year now! And could not find the pattern ANYWHERE! Even the 2 LYS had no idea! It prompted me to become a member and sign up here for this site! Im so hyped to participate in this KAL. When are we going to start? I saw that the majority of ladies were free after the holidays. Me too/ Do we have a date? Are  we going to do it here? I also saw a few people mention doing it on a blog. Wo's Blog?Just wanted to make sure I dont miss out & that Im all set and ready to go. It will be my first sweater so Im sure I will have a ton of questions!
Thanks to all of you who did the leg work. I went to the Skacel site, looked around, scratched Grin my head and just gave up. Im so glad you ladies didnt! Thanks a bunch!
-Elphlaba
coy_femme_fatale@yahoo.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pop into my Blog and say Hi!
http://pumpernickelandrye.wordpress.com/

Non judgement day is near.
yogaknitty
« Reply #54 on: December 26, 2005 08:44:52 AM »

Welcome to the group, elphalba.  Some of us have already begun (like me, even though I'd said couldn't begin til after holidays, ha! the temptaion was too great) so leap in wherever.  Thanks to erincatherine for getting this going.  I'm beginning my second pinwheel today, sleeves and the first pinwheel are done, and the extra yarn I ordered is, thankfully, the same dye lot!  We're having yet another unseasonal warm spell but I WILL wear this heavy sweater sometime!  Soon's I finish this pinwheel, have to pin or baste the halves together to see about circumference around my bod, then figure out  how to get additional width if needed.  Which it likely will be, a 35" around the body seems way too snug for such a thick warm sweater, even given the stretch on size 15s.

How's everyone else coming?

THIS ROCKS   Logged
lanyu
« Reply #55 on: December 27, 2005 06:09:26 AM »

I finished the back and front and 3/4 of one sleeve.  Now I realizedt hat the remaining yarn is not enough for the 2nd sleeve.   My yarn is 500g 100% wool bought from China.  I don't think I can get more easily.  So what can I do?  give it up or make it short sleeves?  But it is cozy and warm and suppose to be long sleeves for cold weather.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
homrighaus
« Reply #56 on: December 27, 2005 07:35:17 AM »

I have finished the sweater, though I won't be able to post pictures for more than a week. I used non-pattern wool yarn and added a second color to stretch it because I didn't have quite enough. It was double-stranded throughout. What I did was knit both pinwheels in the main color, but then when I did the top and bottom after dividing the pinwheel I exchanged one strand of the main color for the contrast color. When I knit the sleeves, I used the main and contrast colors together for the bottom and top of the sleeves but the main color only for the middle. This makes the contrast-color portions line up with the pinwheel contrast color at top and bottom, while the middle of the sleeves and sweater are all main color. By double stranding with the contrast color, I was able to make it blend in. The final effect is pretty cool. So that's one option for dealing with running out of yarn, though you'd have to back up and reknit some parts. I'll post pictures when I can!

P.S. The look of the finished sweater improved enormously with blocking, and it also got a fair amount bigger -- so if your final sweater is too lumpy or too small, have no fear!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
yogaknitty
« Reply #57 on: December 27, 2005 09:19:35 AM »

homrighaus, can't wait to see yours!  The first one finished!  Your solution to the yarn lack sounds pretty creative...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lanyu
« Reply #58 on: December 27, 2005 09:22:43 AM »

homrighaus,

I cannot wait to see your finished sweater!  By the way, please tolerant my stupid question:  what is blocking?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
crabby
Tall, crabby, crafty.

This dog rules

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: December 28, 2005 11:17:01 AM »

So, I was totally expecting to get the yarn for this sweater for Christmas.....but I didn't!  Elann.com to the rescue, and I should have my yarn by the end of the week.  I went with the same yarn shown in the pattern, but in the Pewter colorway.  I ordered an extra ball in case my long arms eat up yarn.  Can't wait to get started!  

Homrighaus - looking forward to seeing your finished project!

**UPDATE**  I'll be casting on tonight!!  I *heart* Elann!!

« Last Edit: March 10, 2010 02:22:38 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Web Deals This Cyber Monday
High Fashion: Most Fun And Functional Boots
Hot Fashion Trends: Jackets And Blazers
4 Unexpected Ways to Wear Plaid
The Perfect Presents to Please Any Stylish Mom
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...