A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 299,128
Currently Running With Scissors:
428 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: UK Instant Swap  (Read 4738 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

PurpleHeather
« on: November 15, 2005 04:45:12 AM »

Would anyone be interested in a UK instant swap?  Where you have a weekend to craft, and sendout on a Monday?  I was just thinking that being UK only we'd get the items nice and quick.

I was thinking about doing signups in early January, with a craft and send out time of late Jan, or Early Feb.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sara_uk
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2005 04:49:13 AM »

Hi, I would love to get involved in a swap, I am pretty new though and I am not really sure how it all works.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PurpleHeather
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2005 04:57:43 AM »

Hi Sara,

Swaps are great!  I'm involved in my first ones at the moment.

Basically, to join a swap, you need to have been a Craftster member for at least 1 month, you need to have posted at least 15 times on Craftster and if you have never swapped on Craftster before, you can only sign up for ONE swap to start out with. Then when you complete that swap and get Positive Feedback, you can sign up for as many others as you want.  Feedback appears in a table on the bottom of peoples profile pages.

The way this one would work is that the organiser (maybe me!) would put up a post asking people to sign up.  When they do they give info about likes, dislikes, crafts they can do etc.  You get assigned a partner, hopefully based on you being able to make things they'll like.  Then for this one the crafting period would be short - a weekend - and during that weekend you make something for them, and send it out on the Monday.  As we'd all be in the Uk postage would be cheap, and we'd get things pretty quickly.

The aim is to make something that you can do really well in a weekend - doesn't have to be big, or expensive, but something that you are proud to pass on, like a crocheted hat, or a recon Tshirt.

To give you an idea, here are some of the things that people made over a weekend in the recent instant swap 6:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=60278.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sara_uk
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2005 05:08:22 AM »

Thanks for the info, it sounds like mucho fun!!!...some of those things that people made in the weekend are sooo good, I would love to be involved! I use a swapz site at the moment for normal items, but to give and recieve thing that you have made would be so much more fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jojo9

meet my charming friend, the monkey gentleman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2005 02:59:30 AM »

Yup, I'd be interested Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PurpleHeather
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2005 03:04:44 AM »

Wooo - I felt all lonely & neglected Wink

I know we're all bogged down in christmas at the mo, but I thought it might make a nice refreshing change for the New year.

Yay jojo!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BeetleBettyZoe
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2005 03:15:38 AM »

Hi I'm really very new to craftster but I'd love to join the UK swap. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PurpleHeather
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2005 03:27:48 AM »

Hi BeetleBettyZoe!

I don't think being new to craftster matters, as you seem to meet the swap conditions already!  It'd be lovely to have you along Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

purplefluffycow
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2005 07:27:03 AM »

Count me in  Grin  I love UK swaps because our partners receive what we've made really quickly.  A quick instant swap would be great after the big christmas swap, and then hopefully we can have the childrens tv swap afterwards  =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BeetleBettyZoe
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2005 07:30:24 AM »

Hi BeetleBettyZoe!

I don't think being new to craftster matters, as you seem to meet the swap conditions already!  It'd be lovely to have you along Cheesy

yey! I will look forward to it  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Face Paint a Fairy
How to Draw Mickey Mouse
How to Draw Spongebob Squarepants
How to Draw Goofy
How to Draw Patrick Star
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...