A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 299,155
Currently Running With Scissors:
378 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 'Relationship Journal'  (Read 6072 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Dead_Angel
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2005 06:33:52 PM »

That's a cool idea, that would work really well for mine but:
1. I don't have money/materials/time to make the journal
2. I found a journal, unused that I can use but it has flowers and stuff on the front.

I need some cheap/fast way I can decorate the outside. Preferably something I might have around the house. I have other fabric but I have no idea how to attach it. (No tacky glue) Would hot glue work?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Haylie
Tutorial Contributor

Silly and Crafty!

Proud Army National Guard Wife!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2005 07:18:08 PM »

hot glue might work...hm. Maybe you could test it on something similar first?

My problem is that i decided that i'd use my copy of the book Wuthering Heights for our journal, and just cover it. I figured it'd be perfect since i intensely dislike the book and it's 405 pages (plus all the journals i want to buy are in the $25-$30 range, which is just silly) So, for some reason, I assumed we could just write over the text and it'd be fine.  Without testing that, i started sewing some black fabric -that i embroidered a heart in the corner of- to the paperback cover (and let me tell you, that's a giant pain...the sewing to the cover, not the embroidery)

So, after i take hours sewing most of the cover on, i go to test if i can indeed write on top of the text and find that i...cant. Unless i go slow and write with sharpie. To fix the problem, i'm currently taping squares of notebook paper on top each page of text....all 405 of them! Please, someone, talk me out of doing that and give me a better alternative!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2005 07:20:16 PM by Haylie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster needs you!

I love my husband!
<3 Cullen & Haylie - August 27, 2010 <3
MissMeshell
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2005 08:31:44 PM »

hehehe oh you poor thing Cheesy That is exactly the sort of thing I would do!
If it were me I guess I would keep going, especially since you put so much time into it already...but i'm sure there is someone out there who can think of an alternative for you!

I'm getting into making mine, i've been putting it off to finish numerous other presents but they are almost done.

I wanted mine to be really thick too like you Haylie, I went and grabbed 4 of those A5 coverless lined notepads (cheap as) where the pages are held together with red sticky stuff on one side...ripped every single page off the stuff (argh!) and ended up with a nice mega stack Smiley
I just put on some cream, leather look card covers and am doing the Japanese Stab Binding this arvo (hopefully!) I don't have a dremel so I had to steal some 1mm drill bits from my dads work and use them in his huge yucky drill...needless to say I broke 2 during and the third one broke with only 3 holes to go!!! So he's grabbing me another today and then i'll get to bind.
Then i'm gunna make a sort of 'slip-in' box-like cover to slip the journal into (so quite a plain, but nice journal into a decorated some-how cover thingy, which has to have the same amount of manlyness and girlyness to it!)

and then to write questions/sections into it Grin I'm really excited actually, that's why I left it until last.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
xfallenfatex
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2005 12:55:47 AM »

this is a great idea, could you post some of the questions you ahve found

I am so doing this for me and my bf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mata
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2005 01:19:08 AM »

Hey this is really a great idea!! My bf and I have been together for a little over 6 years, and we've had some issues lately (well, not me!!). We're pretty much over them, but this journal idea could be so cool!! We will be spending 10 days together from xmas to new year's, at the beach (it's going to be COLD!!), and it would be cool to have this fun, happy journal lying around. I'll be lurking for ideas!!!!!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AubreyD
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2006 04:22:13 PM »

My boyfriend and I are rounding the 2 year mark and I am having a difficult time finiding a good sweet sentimental gift and this relatoinship journal idea is awesome!  I can't wait to start working it! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rawlove
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2006 04:32:22 PM »

my beau and I have something similar to this. we have been together for one year now!

for our 6 months, he got us a big black sketchbook. he said that since we werent seeing much of eachother during the summer (we both worked as camp leaders) that we needed a way to document things we did on days we hadn't seen eachother. i thought it was very sweet and brillant!

We've continued the book since summer and we exchange it every couple of weeks...since we see eachother at school, so there would be no point in an every other day swap.

This whole questionnaire thing is awesome, i'm definitely going to include that into our journal! thanks!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lhackett
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2006 01:36:39 PM »

This is a great idea! I did something similar when my best friend was in Iraq, but it was a pre-made tweenager one from a little gift shop. It's so fun to read over and over, like a high school yearbook or something!
I can't wait to start this one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Lindsay is equipped with some very nice options." -googlism.com

www.myspace.com/idonthaveatattoo
www.wists.com/lhackett
KerriedAway

Goldenly Delicious

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2006 04:52:29 PM »

So I've decided I want to make this for my booy for Valentine's day.  But I'm having trouble figuring out what kind of material to use for the journal itself.  I havent done much in this way before, and I dont want to end up spending very much on it since its the homemadeness that i find so appealing.  I have a stash of kinda tan-ish paper that I used for award certificates back in my club president days.  I was thinking that thickness would be nice.... I'm not sure.  He's down with the cheesey sap, so the outside need not be all that manly.

Help?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

the ravens and the seagulls push each other inward and outward
inward and outward
in this place that i call home
my brain's the cliff, and my heart's the bitter buffalo
larissathegreat
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2006 10:06:24 AM »

How do you set the journal up? I want to do a pass back and forth one. But I don't quite understand how we'd both answer the questions in it? Do I write them twice?

I thought about maybe putting the first page of questions i want him to answer and then i'd leave the rest blank so he could add his own questions he wants me to answer.

But I don't know if he'd be into that. Too much work on his part.

Any suggestions?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Make a Splash With 3 Gorgeous Poolside Outfits
Running in Style This Summer
Eliminate "Back Fat" With the Right Bra
How to Deal With Bra "Spillage"
Picking a Bra to Prevent Sagging
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...