A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 300,949
Currently Running With Scissors:
640 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: grrrr :( Swap organizer flaked on me. What can I do?  (Read 1398 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

fouficat

martini anyone?

View Profile WWW
« on: November 14, 2005 10:04:28 PM »

i was flaked on by a *swap organizer*! my package from her is over a month overdue. this person actually gave herself positive feedback for the swap in question! she also received my package just fine but refuses to update my feedback. now when i check her feedback i see that she has very recently been asked not to join any more swaps.
is there anything i can do? i'm guessing she won't be arranging any swap angels for me or the other person who got flaked on, and i'm also guessing that my package won't be arriving any time soon as she lied about it's whereabouts twice! argh!!
any suggestions? advice would be greatly appreciated!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009 09:54:23 AM by jungrrl - Reason: Made title more descriptive. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

purple_hippo
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2005 10:09:28 PM »

what swap was it? and where do you live (country)? you might be able to "pick up" a random swap angel (if I can help, I will!). As for the swapper in question, I'd just PM the swap board organisers and make it clear what's happened. Keep any PM-s you've got from them as proof. Sorry about your bad experience!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftaholic on the loose....I just....     ...need...          ...one...               ...more...                    ...shot...                         ...of craftahol...
The Meow Wont Purr
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Valerian Aquarian

All Is Full Of Love

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2005 10:18:18 PM »

I'm going to PM you right now and see what we can do...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"To be matter of fact about the world is to blunder into fantasy -- and dull fantasy at that, as the real world is strange and wonderful." --Robert A. Heinlein
fouficat

martini anyone?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2005 11:12:01 PM »

thank you so much for your advice and help- i have pm'd you in reply Meow!! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hertrigger

Vacation

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2005 09:10:36 AM »

i dont find it wrong at all to find yourself a swap angel.. you took part in a swap and held up to your obligations and if you were flaked on, by anyone, even an organizer, someone WILL craft for you. im sure the swap angel mods will do anything they can to help you find someone to craft for yoU!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-- thepromoshop.etsy.com

I am out of state for the month of August. All packages will be sent when I get back home!
ducktape_diva

Book'em good-lookin'

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2005 09:59:51 AM »

i was flaked on by a *swap organizer*! my package from her is over a month overdue. this person actually gave herself positive feedback for the swap in question! she also received my package just fine but refuses to update my feedback. now when i check her feedback i see that she has very recently been asked not to join any more swaps.

I feel your pain, I had the same exact thing happen to me on the sushi swap! I also had someone flake on me on the Series of Unfortunate Events swap, and then my swap angel flaked on me too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hertrigger

Vacation

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2005 10:20:41 AM »

I feel your pain, I had the same exact thing happen to me on the sushi swap! I also had someone flake on me on the Series of Unfortunate Events swap, and then my swap angel flaked on me too.

i wonder what we would do in a situation like this, about a swap angel flaking, so we put that in profiles, or no? because they really didnt SIGN up for the swap but they offered to make something..hmmm
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-- thepromoshop.etsy.com

I am out of state for the month of August. All packages will be sent when I get back home!
fouficat

martini anyone?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2005 12:38:59 PM »

thanks so much for all your help & advice! meow was a great help!
the package actually arrived about a week after this post, over a month past the send-by date. which, if i hadn't been patient, i would have complained about earlier but i tried to give the benefit of the doubt.
flakers suck whether it's sending extremely late with no contact with you or not sending at all, they should both be considered flaking... !
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lucy van pelt
in the sky, with diamonds

lie back and think of england

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2005 12:45:55 PM »

I know how you feel. I was flaked on in a swap and the organizer won't even answer my PMs. Well, she did once, but she kind of took the flaker's side!!! I PMed her again last night .. but nothing yet. It's been almost 3 months.

And the bad part is, the organizer gave the flaker positive feedback.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PinkMafia

Let your sparkle shine...

Recovering swap addict

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2005 06:20:44 PM »

If you are flaked on please contact myself or The Meow Wont Purr. Only the organizers are supposed to post on the swap angel boards. If they flake we'll take care of it for you. Read the swap angel How to post thread for details.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crafty chica...burlesque performer....costume maven.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
A New Way to Flatten Images in CS3
5 Tips For Layer Styles
5 Things You Need to Know About the Gradient Tool in Photoshop
5 Things You Need to Know About Filters in Photoshop
Using the Ken Burns Effect with Final Cut Pro
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...