It was SUPER easy (easier still if you can sew on a machine in a straight line!) I think it would make a really good first project...
Anyhoo....here goes my explanation.
3 pieces of fabric the length and width of your visor (for me it was 14.5" x 5.5")
Two pieces of elastic or velcro the width of the visor so you can attach it.
Lengths of ribbon for each slit you cut (optional)
1. Ok....so take a CD and trace it onto the wrong side of a piece of fabric the ammount of times equal to how many slits you would like. (so if you want to fit 10 cd's, you make 10 slits)
2. Sew the lengths of ribbon along the slits with a straight stitch. It doesn't matter what side of the slit you put it on really. I put mine all on the "bottom" of the slits.
3. Place your fabric in this order:
Bottom: Untouched precut piece of fabric. RIGHT SIDE UP
Next: Add the two pieces of elastic or velcro or whatnot placing them so they don't interfere with the hinges on your visor.
Then: Place the piece of fabric with the slits RIGHT SIDE DOWN
Last: Place the last untouched precut piece of fabric RIGHT SIDE DOWN.
4. Sew all around the long edges and one short edge.
5. Flip it inside out and sew shut the last short edge.
6. Hang attractively in your car!
Note....I'm not really picky about the CD's in my car getting scratched and whatnot...They're all crazy mixes anyway. But if you wanted to make a similar pouch thinger with individual pockets you would just replace the slit layer with overlapping pockets and get rid of the "Last" piece of fabric. You could also make the "last" piece of fabric be felt or something to help protect the CD's.
Anyway...that was my first attempt at explaining something I've made so I hope it turned out okay.
Please post pics of yours if you decide to make them!