A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,127
Currently Running With Scissors:
474 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Firefly/Serenity Swap (sign up by 11/23, send by 1/28/06) SIGN-UP CLOSED  (Read 12875 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Nutella

In a free knitting pattern kind of way.

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 20, 2005 04:12:17 PM »

I just said "hommina" out loud. My poor boyfriend.

Yes, during Objects in Space, when he stepped out of his bunk without his shirt, I actually said "woo hoo!" Again, my poor boyfriend.

---

Vaguely on topic: The original hat Jayne puts on in The Message seems to be made with some novelty yarns, some shimmery/lurex looking yarns are in there. But everywhere I look, it's made with plain red/orange/yellow. What gives?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wisty bandwagon: http://wists.com/?q=nutellanutterson

I'm walking and raising funds in support of AIDS Project Los Angeles: http://aidswalklosangeles2007.kintera.org/kejreeves
crazycatladymel
« Reply #61 on: December 20, 2005 06:47:25 PM »

Nutella:
There are some continuity problems in The Message. What you were probably seeing is the excelsior the hat was packed in (although why a knitted hat needed cushioning...). If you watch the commentary on the DVDs, they laugh about how it's there, then it isn't, then it is again. Looked like little bits of string or straw stuck all over it.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2005 03:32:33 AM by crazycatladymel » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Nutella

In a free knitting pattern kind of way.

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 20, 2005 07:09:29 PM »

Aaah. Interesting.

I happen to own a hat that's very similar (minus the ear flaps) *if* it were make of novelty yarns!

I sorta like the look of very lush yarns for this. It makes it even more hilarious for Jayne to wear.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wisty bandwagon: http://wists.com/?q=nutellanutterson

I'm walking and raising funds in support of AIDS Project Los Angeles: http://aidswalklosangeles2007.kintera.org/kejreeves
crazycatladymel
« Reply #63 on: December 21, 2005 03:33:38 AM »

Sure! It's probably "handspun" but it doesn't mean Jayne's mom doesn't keep some exotic animals that she can spin from.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tinydoom

*one of the ladies*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: December 22, 2005 06:46:24 AM »

Maybe the fluffier versions could be for Jayne's sisters....oh, in different colors and sizes....*while visions of Jayne hats dance in my head*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BatGrrl
« Reply #65 on: December 22, 2005 07:52:30 AM »

Actually, I had to make my niece a "Jayne" hat in a different color for Christmas--she's 7, and I was wearing mine and beating her at playing shut-board, so I told her it was the hat and that it was lucky.  So she wore my hat and, lo and behold, she started winning!  So she wanted me to make her a lucky hat too, and at first she wanted the same colors, but I knew that they aren't really colors she likes, so the next time we played shut-board I asked her again and she decided she wanted red on top, white on the bottom, and blue ear flaps (I know, a wee bit patriotic).  I knit it up pretty quick, but I apparently forgot to take picture before I wrapped it.

By the way, I think I didn't post about this before, but I loved the cookies, geek-pride.

Pieces,

Joanne
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ralph
no... gone completely

The fat man walks alone.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #66 on: December 28, 2005 12:08:43 AM »

I love that shirt, I made my sis a serenity shirt for christmas and wrapped her and my cousins presents in blue sun screen-printed paper, they both screamed in delight.

On another pathetic note I went to a relatives house for christmas and they had one of those apple peeler things that Badger uses in the episode Serenity and I practically knocked everyone over in my enthusiasm to get to it and quote Badger at people.

-Ralph
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have decided that the hokey pokey is what it's all about.

Post a project on every completed project board on craftster: 30/39
Al-most-there.
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=329582.msg3997110#msg3997110
Trifarina

apathetic misanthrope

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 10, 2006 10:36:49 AM »

I'm excited!  I'm almost done!  I also had way too many ideas! 
Some would have been potentially dangerous, so I started the process of elimination there...  (my welding skills just aren't up to par...)
I like exclamation points!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mikan

we are ugly but we have the music

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 12, 2006 05:37:23 PM »

how's everyone doing?  sounds like dangerous crafting is afoot!
i made my lil brother a Jayne hat for christmas and he's been wearing it ever since. hehe.  my grandfather is giving us his 'hippy van' so we think we should convert it to a firefly inspired transport...  dinosaurs on the dash, exit signs in japanese...  i voted for an inara inspired bunk, but he said, 'yeah, but i'm a boy.'  Angry we're going to paint the outside like metal riveted together and add a calligraphy logo... anyway, i'm sure this swap will be fueling the ideas! 

please pm me this week and let me know how your progress is going.  i'll be worried if you don't check in, so let me know...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

now, whether in punishment or reward, through all eternity, she must love and believe in what she did not understand.  -dennison
mikan

we are ugly but we have the music

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 19, 2006 03:38:15 PM »

You guys are doing great checking in! Thanks alot! Smiley I'm super busy right now, so I won't reply individually, but I appreciate it and you can still contact me or update if anything changes!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

now, whether in punishment or reward, through all eternity, she must love and believe in what she did not understand.  -dennison
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Hack Your On-Board Flash
High Speed Photography
Group Portrait Photography Tips
Preventing or Removing Red Eye
Stop Motion Digital Photography
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...