A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 300,948
Currently Running With Scissors:
530 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Best Garage Sale Finds!!!  (Read 6160 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

meowari
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2005 11:39:53 AM »

I love garage sales! We were too poor to even go to thrift stores when I was growing up, so I got all of my clothes and toys from yard sales. My mom has since sold most of those toys on E-bay for tons more than she paid for them! I remember every Christmas, there would be a giant box of yardsale crap for me to unwrap. It was always the best present, and even now, at 26, I still make her collect stuff all year to put in my yardsale box. It's still usually the best present I get! I digress... I got a free shelf at a yard sale the weekend before last. It's about 7' long and 5' high. They were moving and couldn't take it with them. I get yarn and fabric and craft kits all of the time for under $1. My Monkees t-shirt from their reunion tour in the 80's for a quarter when I was about ten or so. I still wear it. An Elvis hologram for a quarter. A huge Estee Lauder makeup case for a dollar. I just got a set of almost complete mod-looking avon stationary for a dime on Sat. I got a box of keychains at a yard sale for my sister last year for $5. She collects them, and there were a lot of ones from the 70's that I remember she had when we were younger. That's probably my favorite find, because it made her so happy to see them again. I always sell my stuff super cheap at yard sales, too. I think it's good karma!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Krysta
Livin' In Wonderland...

'yo sup dawg?'

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2005 05:44:39 PM »

I found a brand new Diana dress form at a garage sale a while back for $5. They normally retail around here for $350-$400 each. So I grabbed that sucka up right away.

I am always finding old jewelry, fabric and craft supplies at garage sales too. I love garage sales - sometimes you can get the best things there! My parents and I have a yearly garage sale so the cycle is always going. Cheesy

I hope I can go to some garage sales this weekend! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Be what you would seem to be - or, if you'd like it put more simply - never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise.
blueblythe
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2005 07:21:55 PM »

I had some really great finds at a garage sale this weekend. The best was a really cute Paul Frank dog handbag for $1 and when I looked inside there was a matching wallet! I also got a really cool book for $2 "Earth from Above 365 Days" that has pics taken of the earth from the sky. All of the images look like intricate patterns and when you look closer you see houses/birds/rock formations etc... its really cool.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
grumpyluvr05

im not mad im grumpy

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2005 05:52:02 AM »

my best garage sale i didn't even go to my mom stopped and the lady was packing up . they started talking about me being crafty and the woman filled her car with fabri and crossstitch cloth and patterns and paint and tons of other stuff. its crafty heaven
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i'm just plain jess
TayLynn
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2005 12:54:16 AM »

i go every weekend and find great stuff. even being in montana we have a little bit of stuff
nintendo system with 15 games
records for the player( queen, kiss, rat, warrent)
little tykes bed for the baby
and alot of other things that i just can't think of right now
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dire female

holy salmon spawning in the river!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2005 01:28:02 AM »

Turntable for 5 bucks.  Such a buy and we've been through some good and buy times.  I've also bought an old but very functional bike, coffee table, and many a cheap item of clothing among others.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
supergirle
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2005 08:10:01 PM »

Im also always looking for and snatching up cheap little tykes stuff yay!  I found a lot of vintage purses at estate sales but I have ofcourse done nothing with them yet phooey!  I have gotten some awesome bracelets and records.  My favorite favorite find of all has been a really old probably 1960s box entact of disney Cinderalla bath products!  They are so adorable there is powder bath cubes lotion and perfume in absolutely adorable containers.  This cost me a dollar I think and I am sure they are probably not usable but once I get a new place I am going to display them in the bathroom and decorate the whole room around them!  And as far as crafts I have found alot of half finished needle points and cross stitches for my mom and lots of wood things to paint and hang.  I love garage sales so much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Krysta
Livin' In Wonderland...

'yo sup dawg?'

« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2005 09:05:23 PM »

I was in town last Saturday and happened to see a garage sale sign. So my parents and I went. I got a Japanese style doll, some Japanese tea cups, a whole big box of stationary and cool papers, some books to alter, some embossing stuff and a few other things for under $5! The doll was orignally $6 but she wanted to get rid of her crap so she sold it to me for 50cents!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Be what you would seem to be - or, if you'd like it put more simply - never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise.
dancingbarefoot
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2005 12:21:34 AM »

I adore garage sales!  Grin

Some of my favorite finds:

**an entire library of Japanese books (boxes & boxes!) for $20
**an SLR camera with tons of lenses for cheap
**a knitting machine for $100 (the type that's $3000 new!)
**yarn, yarn, and more yarn! (Usually someone who paid a fortune for the yarn & then never knit anything.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

1. All fungi are edible.
2. Some fungi are not edible more than once.
~~Terry Pratchett~~

my blog | index of free machine knitting patterns
Pedeka

I love being a girl.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2005 07:36:09 AM »

A solid sterling 16 place setting silverware set in its cherrywood  box. $20. There was a horribly grumpy man running the yard sale and everything else there was NASCAR collector's stuff. He wanted $35 for a Jeff Gordon mug. He had no idea what was in that box.  I yanked the silver and ran. I have always wondered if it was stolen or he was on his way to divorce court over it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
A Lakeside Q&A with Ryan Winfield
History in Five: Abraham Lincoln and the Emancipation Proclamation
The Legend of Sheba by Tosca Lee
How This Author Discovered The Untold Story Behind The Creation Of Facebook
How We Came to Medicate More Than Four Million Children with ADHD
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...