A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 298,690
Currently Running With Scissors:
702 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Rock Star Party  (Read 1087 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

superfaboo
« on: November 15, 2005 08:44:36 AM »

I'm a theme party addict.  I'm throwing a Rock Star party for my best friend's 30th ('cause she's such a rock star!)  Here are some of my ideas:
Invites: I designed them to look like concert tickets on the outside, and when you open them up, there's all the info/directions/etc
Photo Booth: I originally REALLY wanted to get a life sized stand up of Gene Simmons to take photos with, but can't afford it with all the shipping costs, so I figured, everyone is coming as their favorite rock star - who need's cardboard?  There will be plenty of live "celebrities" there!  So, just have to create a cool backdrop and let the magic happen.
She's a songwriter, so I took the titles of 2 of her favorite songs that she wrote and made circle labels on the computer, then bought some cheapo old records, spraypainted them gold, slapped the label in the middle and framed them with some black vinyl behind them - voila!  Instant Gold Records! (they look awesome!!)
Of course, melted record bowls for chips, etc., and melted little 45's make great candle holders (just put a small glass votive holder in the middle - kick ass!)
I went around to local record stores and asked for old promo posters they were otherwise going to throw out - I got enough free rock posters to cover the entire town!  Another store sold me old display posters (the big wall ones that cost $6-10 each usually) for a buck a piece - Led Zep, Black Sabbath, Green Day, etc.!
The candy store at the mall sells m&ms by color - a bit pricey, but worth it to have a big ol' bowl of green m&ms!  I'll have another bowl of good n' plenty's too.
Of course, activities - a "how well do you know the birthday girl" quiz will score the winner a grand prize basket complete with inflatable guitar and Jack Daniels, maybe an old Metallica video, etc.
If there's a tie in the quiz contest, well, the only way to find a winner is obvious: DANCE OFF!
Party favours: filled with black rubber bracelets, pop rocks, star bursts, pewter skull rings, and any and all candy that has the word "rock" or "star" in it's name.  Possibly I'll throw a nip of JB or JD in there too - just to fill it out!
Of course, tons of crazy metal/rock music - something on the telly on mute (Spinal Tap?), and black and silver everything.  Karaoke starts after the liquid courage sets in!
I'm so beside myself and want to quit my job and plan this thing full time!  I'm psyched I found this forum - already got some great new ideas.  I love the idea of stamping everyone's hands once they come in!  I'll make fliers too and post them in the hallway leading up to my apt.
I'm dressing up as Amy Lee from Evanescence - FINALLY an excuse to buy cute bondage pants!
If anyone has any other ideas to share, please bring 'em on!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mento_bug
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2005 02:25:23 PM »

crazy awesome, i am also having a rock star party this weekend, thing is it's for my 16th birthday, so it may be a little differnt than yours.  but anyhow, i am having people dress up as rock stars. um im serving sorted m&ms in clear martini glasses, um have a red 'carpet" in my front hall, black and silver ballons (b/c those are my main colors as well)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
modgirl
Vinyl, Lipstick, & DIY

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2005 02:50:57 PM »

Oh!  Love the gold record idea. Cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sew Be It

looking for a Readymade issue
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Spooky Halloween Eyes
How to Make Reflective Candy Bags for Halloween
How to Make Glue Stick Spiderwebs for Halloween
How to Make Halloween Costumes from Everyday Items
How to Make Reflective Wristbands for Halloween
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...