A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,192
Currently Running With Scissors:
708 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: BC (lower mainland), CANADA suppliers?  (Read 1308 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mcc
« on: November 13, 2005 05:12:02 PM »

Hi there!
I'm new to this site, so I just wanted to say hello to all you fellow crafters!  Im excited that I found this site, and look forward to talking back and fourth with you all.
Well, to move onto my question.. as the title states... I live in the lower mainland of British Columbia in Canada and I am wondering if any one knows of any places online or in the city that I can get crafting supplies and/or beading supplies? I have gotten most my stuff at Micheals craft BUT I find it way too expensive since I also want to sell my stuff, and Lewis Craft isnt that great anymore... Can anyone help me out.  Also, to maybe help in answering this question.. one of my main projects are wine charms... and I need to find somewhere cheaper and who sells single size (1 1/4") silver hoops for them.  Micheals only sells them in assorted sizes.  

Thanks so much.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Darkest_Faerie
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2006 05:37:34 PM »

check out firemountaingems.com they are in the states, but they have good prices.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-See my photography here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/traceylheureux/
-Visit my blog here: http://tinystarcreations.blogspot.com/
-Check out my zazzle site here:
http://www.zazzle.com/paper_airplane*
DAME EMMA

Feel the fear and do it anyway

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2006 05:41:57 PM »

Capilano Rock and Gem has the most amazing selection of beads and beading supplies.
They're in North Vancouver on Pemberton Street, their hours are a bit weird. (Only open for a couple of hours on Saturday, not open at all on Sunday.)
Their specialty is semi-precious stone beads, and their prices are really low compared to others. They have a ton of sterling silver and base metal findings too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
StainedGlass
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2007 06:16:56 PM »

I'm from the same area and have it sooo frustrating to find suppliers ... you'd think most of them have never heard of the internet!! It's harder than hell to find one with a website, let alone one that allows you to shop online. And the customer service? Ha!! One in particular has yet to return an email even! All i know is they won't be getting any of my business if that's how they run their's-- I hate inefficiency with a passion, lol...okay, rant over... any other sources? Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Fish-ii

here fishii wishii!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2007 02:05:44 PM »

ditto that! argh... customs are a pain too! buying from firemountain would cost a bomb for shipping... anywhere in Canada with good prices?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sophisticated Hippie
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2007 01:01:15 AM »

You might try checking out the thread below.  The suppliers listed below are all based in Canada.  If you check out a copy of Bead & Button there are some others mentioned with physical address that dont offer online sales.  Ebay can be a good source also but make sure to factor in shipping to your cost.  I have several international customers and those in CA will purchase items totaling $16 to insure they dont have to pay custom fees.

I understand your frustration.  I have found some great wholesales outside the US but dont purchase from them for the same reasons, custom fees are too high to make it worth while.

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=151471.msg1552258#msg1552258

www.austinhamilton. ca
www.kimdoly.com
www.beadfx.com
www.strungoutonbead s.ca
www.ssstudio.org
www.countrybeads.co m
www.holycrowbeads.c om
www.zatbeads.com
www.gembeads.com
www.crytalmountainb ead.com
www.thehaberdashers .com
www.4siriusbeaders. com
www.wowbeads.ca
www.designersfindin gs.ca
www.thebeadgallery. ca
www.beadit.com
www.trimmingsdressm aker.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. ~Benjamin Franklin
Hollow_DiMM
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2007 06:02:11 AM »

cheers all,

One of my fav sites is

www.silverrosebeads.com

because of their crazy selection and discounts in how they ship through customs.

Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Fish-ii

here fishii wishii!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2007 01:36:52 PM »

thank you so much for that info Sophisticated Hippie! that's really helpful ^^ Now I'm going through that list of stores, feeling totally excited already =D
THIS ROCKS   Logged

starpiste
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2007 04:07:57 PM »

I'm in vancouver and I buy my beading stuff from country beads mostly. Also, you might want to look into making your own rings from wire. It's not too hard with some practice and will be cheaper in the long run.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
This Woman Is Trying To Bring Attention To Female Genital Mutilation In US
Eating Wildly: Urban Foraging
Author Adelle Waldman LIVE
Josh Turner on His Book "Man Stuff"
Ruth Reichl Talks About Her New Book
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...