A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 299,156
Currently Running With Scissors:
517 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: frozen recipies ....  (Read 2857 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Crafty Jule
« on: May 20, 2004 08:15:43 PM »

[b]Does anyone have a recipie Tea  or Chai Tea  sobet  or Ice cream??[/b]

Thanks!!
Jule     Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Starsview
Queen of Procrastination

I've been meaning to make myself a crown...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2004 08:38:13 PM »

i have a few recipes for ice cream and frozen treats  Smiley these are the ones that i have : ben and jerry's vanilla ice cream, ginger ice cream, the world's best vanilla ice cream, and mango and green tea sorbet.   No i haven't tried any of them yet  Sad  i'm currently counting down the days till i get out of my hell hole apartment and into my new condo with my hunny  Cheesy  soooo... these are from a computerific cookbook i downloaded/bought called cookware deluxe (except for the mango one... that i got out of the newspaper) lemme know if you want any of them and i can post them. i don't think it should be too much of a problem since when you first download the program you have access to all the recipes and over time they shut-off till you have to buy it like i did ... but i think its a great resource for recipes, plus you can add your own and keep everything all neat. let me know if you want one of them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Thats Mrs. McGonigal to you! No really! ✩10.25.09

wistsportfoliosketchbook
Crafty Jule
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2004 10:32:42 PM »

Star:  I would love the Mango Green tea  one!

Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Starsview
Queen of Procrastination

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2004 10:57:08 AM »

Mango and Green Tea Sorbet

2/3 cup water
1/3 cup loose green tea leaves
1/2 cup sugar
3 riope mangoes
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice

1. combine water and tea leaves in pan. bring just to boil; remove from heat. let steep 5 minutes. strain, discarding leaves. donot press leaves to extract liquid, this makes the liquid bitter. return tea to clean pan, add sugar. bring to boil. boil until sugar dissolves, 1 min. remove from heat. cool 30 minutes.

2. peel mangoes and cut fruit from pit. in a food processor or blender, puree mangoes with lemon juice. add tea and blend intil smooth. pour into a glass 9-inch baking dish and freeze about 3 hours.

3. transfer mango mixture into a food processor. pulse until smooth, 30-40 secs. serve at once or store in the freezer for up to 2 mos. soften 10 mins before serving.

Servings - 8

Enjoy the recipe ! and let me know how it turns out so i know whether to try it or not when i get my new kitchen

Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wistsportfoliosketchbook
Crafty Jule
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2004 04:37:11 PM »

Star that sounds delish! THanks!!     
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Crafty Jule
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2004 05:26:55 PM »

Shocked    I  MADE THIS OVER THE WEEKEND!   It was DELISH!!!   
Everyone loved it, kids & adults.   I used decaf green tea. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Starsview
Queen of Procrastination

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2004 08:29:24 PM »

Thats Awesome! I'm so glad it turned out great Jule! This is definitly going on top of my "make this in the new place" pile of recipes  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wistsportfoliosketchbook
faux

My mama's a lama...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2004 06:15:36 PM »

If you look on a carton of chai tea from star bucks it has the ingredients.

'Water, Black Tea, Cardamom, Black Pepper, Ginger, Cinnamon, Cloves, Natural Flavors, Star Anise, organic Cane Sugar, Honey, Ginger Juice, Natural Flavors, Vanilla and Citric Acid.'

My guess is that if you just mixed the spices and some honey into the ice cream it would be quite delish!  You could try your luck with the tea, but I'm not sure how it would alter the consistency.

Hope this helps!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ookpik

everything is so neat!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2004 11:41:04 PM »

you can make pretty much any juice into sorbet by adding enough sugar and following the directions that starsview posted: mix, freeze, process, re-freeze or serve. the sugar is mainly to prevent it freezing quite solid at household freezer temps. i've never thought to experiment with teas before, but they should work the same way. fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There's no such thing as too much information, so: All About My Vagina
phoebe0506
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2004 12:41:20 AM »

Do you think a plain green tea sorbet could be made just by omitting the mangoes? I found out a little while ago that I'm deathly allergic to mangoes, so I don't like dealing with them any more. (Actually I was being a little dramatic. They're in the poison ivy family, so it's just like getting that. Still not fun!) I'd also be really interested in a green tea ice cream. It's simply the best ever and they don't seem to sell iot in regular grocery stores.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2004 02:47:12 AM by phoebe0506 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
ookpik

everything is so neat!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2004 05:32:48 PM »

i just made lavender tea sorbet with no fruit added, so i'm sure plain green tea would work! to make a creamier sherbet you could use half milk or cream instead of all water. i used 1 part sugar to 2 parts liquid, but you can go as unsweet as 1 in 4 if you add a couple of tablespoons of vodka to stop it from freezing solid. it tastes a lot less sweet once it is frozen and blended, because of the additional air.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There's no such thing as too much information, so: All About My Vagina
Inna
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2004 06:32:53 PM »

My chai recipe is:
2 pods green cardamom
1 stick cinnamon
4 whole cloves
8 whole peppercorns
1/4 tsp dried ginger

Grind all above ingredients in a mortor and pestle.Roast all above ingredients in a dry frying pan until aroma is released. Add 3 cups water to mixture in pan and bring to a boil, add 1/2 cup milk, 2 Tbsp black tea, and 2 Tbsp sugar. Sttep for 10 minutes strain and serve warm.

Why can't you cool this off and make sorbet out of it?

Inna
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Drama llama ding dong
phoebe0506
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2004 07:07:16 PM »

Oh, ookpik and Inna, those both sound wonderful. I'm definitely going to have to try them. Surely I have most of those ingredients somewhere around here. I might even have to get on this tonight.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
trufflegirl

chocolatiere extraordinaire

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2004 07:35:10 PM »

Did a quick little search for you:

Here's a recipe for green tea ice cream, and an alternate green tea sauce to pour over vanilla ice cream (which might be easier unless you have an actual ice cream maker!):
http://japanesefood.about.com/cs/dessertssnacks/a/greenteaice.htm

More green tea ice cream recipes:
http://www.ice-cream-recipes.com/ice_cream_recipe_green_tea.htm
http://www.recipesource.com/desserts/frozen-desserts/green-tea-ice-cream1.html
http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,1977,FOOD_9936_14488,00.html

For chai ice cream (which sounds awesome!):
http://www.rooiboschtea.com/dragonflyteas/icecream.html
http://www.gaslightgourmet.tv/recipes/gg_desserts_tea_icecream.html
http://www.waitrose.com/food_drink/recipes/RecipeSearch/Recipe/0310038-r02.asp

A note on chai: my father's worked out a (very non-traditional) way to make it in our espresso machine! He places three or four tea bags and the chai masala (spices) in the little cup that usually holds the coffee grounds, and then sends the water through once, sometimes even twice, to brew a strong, spicy tea (you could still brew this in a regular pot; Dad likes his gadgets). Then he adds steamed milk, sweetened with maple syrup (the real stuff, not artificial). He calls this Fijian Maple Chai, since he came up with the idea after my sister brought some chai masala home after a study term in Fiji --- it's very unusual, but the maple tastes phenomenal with the spices, and it's worth a try!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. --- Dorothy Parker
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
3 Easy Makeup Looks
Berry Lips and Gold Eyes for a Romantic Makeup Look
How to Rock an Orange Lip
Makeup Tutorial: Copper Eyelids
How RHOBH Star Lisa Rinna Keeps Her Skin So Young
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...