A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 300,899
Currently Running With Scissors:
333 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Northeast Mississippi craftsters  (Read 10054 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

box of purls
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2007 05:52:42 PM »

Sorry, there's not a yarn shop in Tupelo (there should be one!) but I've been to the one in Columbus, it's fairly easy to get to from Tupelo too.  I think there is one in Oxford as well (about an hour northwest of Tupelo, it's where the University of Mississippi is).  Let's see we have Hobby Lobby like omyluckystars said and a Hancocks and of course Wal-Mart.  I buy yarn online sometimes.  I live just a few minutes outside of Tupelo but work in Tupelo and spend a good bit of my time in Tupelo.  I haven't heard of any crafty meetups still.  I had at one time wanted to get one started but I'm not organized enough to get and keep one going. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
onecraftybitch
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2007 06:41:27 AM »

Boxofpurls, thanks for the yarn info. Knowing that there is a Hobby Lobby and Hancock's is pretty ok. I know that folks have mixed opinions on Walmart ( love or hate it), but I would rather not shop there.  I might have to make a few road trips to find the other yarn shops. Whee...road trips for crafts!

I can understand that it would be difficult to organize anything. Some days it is enough to be organized myself and out the door. I was just wondering.

Thanks for the help y'all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

box of purls
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2007 07:06:04 PM »

Boxofpurls, thanks for the yarn info. Knowing that there is a Hobby Lobby and Hancock's is pretty ok. I know that folks have mixed opinions on Walmart ( love or hate it), but I would rather not shop there.  I might have to make a few road trips to find the other yarn shops. Whee...road trips for crafts!

I can understand that it would be difficult to organize anything. Some days it is enough to be organized myself and out the door. I was just wondering.

Thanks for the help y'all!

If you don't mind a road trip, then there are several yarn stores in Memphis and also a yarn store that just opened in Hernando.  I haven't been to the one in Hernando yet since it just opened. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
onecraftybitch
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2007 12:56:39 PM »

Yarn stores in Memphis and Hernando you say? It might be worth a road trip or two to check them out. I also realized that my bank is not in Tupelo or even the county or 2 over, so there may be road trips for banking as well.

Thanks as always for the info!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

box of purls
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2007 07:27:09 PM »

There are also several craft stores all over Memphis, I believe.  I was just in Memphis this weekend, but sadly didn't get a chance to stop by a yarn store or craft store.   
THIS ROCKS   Logged
onecraftybitch
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2007 10:34:21 AM »

I have only been to Memphis once but didn't get a chance to check out the yarn/craft stores.

I am just pleased that there is somewhere to buy fabric and yarn in Tupelo. I do some of my yarn shopping online now any way.

The big task at hand is to decide if I am taking the job and we are moving. Yikes!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

box of purls
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2007 06:17:05 PM »

That is a big decision.  If you do end up in Tupelo, maybe we can somehow organize a knitting or crafting group or something.  That'll be fun.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
missyk33
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2007 09:50:59 AM »

Hi,
 New here and I live in Pontotoc 30 min from Tupelo and Oxford. I love shopping at Hobby Lobby and Hancocks and I am so glad ours is not closing. Hope to meet everyone soon. Melissa
THIS ROCKS   Logged
onecraftybitch
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2007 10:26:24 AM »

After much decision and thought and discussion, we are going to be moving to Tupelo! There are a million things to do before that is possible, but I am excited never the less.

Perhaps we can aim to set up some sort of crafty meet up this summer?

Cheers y'all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

box of purls
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2007 07:30:32 PM »

Welcome to Craftster missyk33!  I went to high school in Pontotoc and still go there fairly regularly. 

That'll be great to set something up crafty over the summer.  Maybe by then we can get a whole group of crafty people from this area together, even if it is a small group, it'll still be fun. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Hair Blow Drying Tips
Hair Straightening Tips
Basic Tips for Curly Hair
Ethnic Hair Straightening Tips
Ethnic Hair Natural Styling Tips
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...