A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 302,548
Currently Running With Scissors:
687 Guests and 37 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I koshi-himoed myself out.  (Read 5772 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MisfitRed
scarlet crimson sanguine rose carmine vermillion

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2005 08:28:21 PM »

Beautiful!  Man, I've been away from craftster for ages... I'm glad I checked back because I love your stuff!  I'd look weird in kimono, being a curly redhead, but the picture of the one koshi himo with jeans looks awesome.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"There's no smile of an angel without the wrath of God..."
~HIM, "Heartache Every Moment"
JemaJemaJema
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2005 10:12:54 AM »

Wow! Your koshi-himos are very cool! I especially love the fabirc and they look really cool worn with your jeans too, can you tell me how you tied them in that little bow, its so neat and cute!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kreenzart
k'reen

she who wears heaven in her heart is well-dressed

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2005 09:28:02 PM »

LOL, i am in awe!  of this and of your website. i feel gratefull to be able to look at your crafting, as one would about seeing a pure, newborn babe.  everything is lovely and i'm getting my sis-in-law to take a peek- she spent a year in japan and will truly appreciate your skills...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bluesheep

Has anyone seen my- OW!!! Found it!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2005 12:44:02 PM »

those fabrics are gorgeous! i so want one of those- actually i want a whole kimono... where did you find those fabrics?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I must be a sadist, cause in my version, everyone lives.
pucchimaiko

gimme vegemite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2005 08:40:48 PM »

skeletongirl - That is as good a reason as any to love Japanese-style fabric! =D  Thank-you for your compliment.  A lot of people like wearing these as belts.

poppysmum - Thank you!  How tall are you?  I'm 165cm and I get away with wearing kimono.  I know two girls that are over 175cm and they wear kimono very nicely.  The trick is to look for kimono that is no shorter than 10cm off your hight (so for me - I have to try and get kimono that are at LEAST 155cm long at the shortest). Anyhow - a koshi-himo collection is sure to take up less room than an obi collection!

killthecliche - Thank you!  hmm...I adore dressing in kimono.  I just wish I had more of a chance to.

belleaurora - Aw - thank you so much!  I have listed the koshi himo on my site now - they seem to have been pretty popular so far Smiley   I get my fabrics mostly from Japan through a friend - but occationally I purchase fabrics from ebay also.

chic - Thank you for your kind words!

jeepers - Thank you!  I was without power for 3 days earlier this year from a mere tropical storm!  So 11 days wasn't too surprising - but it was terribly inconvenient.  You get really, really, REALLY bored of playing board games after a while Tongue

thingwraith - Thank-you so much!  I did tie my obi by myself - but I have had to study my book diagrams for a while before I got the hang of it.  Now, I can tie a few different bows with my hanhaba obi - I'm still learning how to do the otaiko bow properly though.

theroguebando - Thank you!  Yup - I got wilma too unfortunately. I hope you were not without power for too long?

BlackMarketBaby - Thank you so much! Smiley

MisfitRed - Wow - thank you!  It is good to see you back Smiley  I don't think you'd look weird in kimono with curly red hair Smiley  I think the trick is just learning to find what colour suits your complextion and a good hair do and most people can look good in kimono Smiley

JemaJemaJema - Thank you!  I'm not sure if I can explain in words how to tie that bow.  I was going to take photo diagrams and put it on my website eventually - so I'll try to remember to let you know when I do that Smiley

kreenzart - Aw - wow!  Thank you Smiley  You are way to flattering to me Smiley  I am glad you enjoy my crafts though.

bluesheep Thank-you so much!  I've actually listed the koshi-himo on my website now Smiley  I get my fabrics directly from Japan through a friend Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PUCHI MAIKO STORE NOW OPEN!! - Unique Kimono Fabric Kanzashi, Fashion Accessories, Chirimen Zaiku and Craft Supplies inspired by the Traditional Arts and Culture of the Japanese Geisha, Maiko and Kimono.
poppysmum

Mei has arrived! Pic ASAP...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2005 12:36:27 AM »

poppysmum - Thank you!  How tall are you?  I'm 165cm and I get away with wearing kimono.  I know two girls that are over 175cm and they wear kimono very nicely.  The trick is to look for kimono that is no shorter than 10cm off your hight (so for me - I have to try and get kimono that are at LEAST 155cm long at the shortest). Anyhow - a koshi-himo collection is sure to take up less room than an obi collection!

I'm 168cm. Height's not so much of a problem, since having Poppy though I'm a little bigger around the bust & bum which tends to make everything gape a bit. I'm not complaining though as I get to see beautiful women in kimono nearly everyday. Grin

And collection wise, it's just one more thing... Wink

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Create Realistic 3D Models with Google SketchUp
How to Remove Facial Blemishes in Photoshop - Photo Editing Tips
How to Get Transitions to an IDVD Slideshow
How to Make a Collage in Photoshop
How to Whiten Teeth in Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...