A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 300,899
Currently Running With Scissors:
366 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 26
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Big Thread of "Help Me Find a Pattern, Please!"  (Read 53770 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

threegirlsandaboy
« Reply #180 on: February 01, 2010 08:48:37 AM »

This one is pretty similar:  http://tinyhappy.typepad.com/tiny_happy/2006/06/shoulder_bag_tu.html

You might just make the straps a little longer so that you can tie them together rather than sewing them together, but other than that, it's about the same. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Willowe
« Reply #181 on: February 01, 2010 03:13:52 PM »

I'm really bad at remember to grab my wallet, phone, etc. whenever I leave the house. It's not too bad in winter because they never leave my coat pocket, but once it starts warming up I'm going to be in trouble.

I really want to make a small purse- just big enough to hold my "stuff" (wallet, phone, ipod, and maybe a few crochet hooks Wink ). The problem is that I'm not too good at sewing things and any small purse tutorials I've found have been really girly and frilly (which is about the exact opposite of what I want).

Does anyone have/know of any patterns for a really easy, non-girly purse that I could try to make? I've been through the list of tutorials here but none of them really appealed to me. Sad

Thanks in advance!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps:
     -None Smiley

My Etsy
My Pinterest
soorawn
« Reply #182 on: February 02, 2010 04:09:28 AM »

I don't have a pattern, but I can describe to you the ones my father used.  They were made of leather, but I guess you can use the general shape and an appropriate fabric to obtain the look you want.

One type is a bag that you can sling on your shoulder or across with a long strap.  Oblong.  Make two oblongs of the desired size, then a strip as wide as thick you want the bag to be, that's the gusset for the bottom and sides.  The remaining side you make it with two pieces half the width of the other strip.  Remember to add seam allowances.  Apply a zipper to these two strips, then mount the item.

The other model would be similar but with a short strap to make it a wristlet.  Both had at least an outside pocket, with a zipper or a flap.

As you see, you can make them quite simple or modify them to suit you.  Any questions, please ask.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 projects for 2011:  15/50
funda62
« Reply #183 on: February 06, 2010 05:15:20 AM »

I want to make my knitter friend a tall round bottomed bag to keep her knitting project in and a matching needle case.  I have the tutorial for the needle case but don't know even where to start on the bag.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SAHM to two lovely girls
Fabric http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5067061.
little me
Little Me Crafts

Enjoy Life's Little Pleasures

View Profile WWW
« Reply #184 on: February 06, 2010 08:23:25 AM »

I made this for a Christmas present:

Here's the link to the tutorial:http://vintagericrac.blogspot.com/2007/09/back-with-buckets.html

It came out really nice. The original dimensions are for a small bucket - I just made it bigger & added the handles.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

funda62
« Reply #185 on: February 06, 2010 03:17:01 PM »

Thank you oh so much!  That is perfect! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SAHM to two lovely girls
Fabric http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5067061.
hat-and-bag-lady

Too lazy 2 work, too honest 2 steal, jst rt to sew

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 09, 2010 09:08:20 PM »

You could try the ... whatchumacallit ...
The Jordy Bag
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=32204.0

You'd have to adjust the dimensions somewhat, but there are the instructions.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A.T. Morel
callie_mae
« Reply #187 on: February 10, 2010 08:02:29 AM »

Carrying my yoga ball around is getting quite cumbersome! I want to make some sort of sling/carrier to carry my huge yoga ball. I haven't been able to find any ideas online-I am thinking of something knitted or netting of some sort? Then this morning I was thinking maybe reconstructing a t-shirt?
Does anyone else have any ideas? Please share!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Only Maine gives winter the welcome and worship it deserves.
little me
Little Me Crafts

Enjoy Life's Little Pleasures

View Profile WWW
« Reply #188 on: February 11, 2010 09:26:28 AM »

I just thought of this - how about a large rectangle of fabric wide enough to accomodate the ball & long enough to cover it & add handles to both short ends of the fabric. If you are using tshirt fabric then I would use back it w/cotton fabric so it's not so stretchy. It's basically a sling to hold the ball - nothing fancy, but it will get the job done.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sgriffen
« Reply #189 on: February 11, 2010 11:32:45 AM »

Over the holidays I saw photo wallets for sale - little flat bags with metal trim and a click closure (like a big coin purse) that you could use to carry/protect photos in your purse.  My mom is always carrying her pictures around in an envelope, so I would love to make one of these for her.  Her purse is heavy already, so I want to do it without the metal.  I guess that essentially makes it a lined fabric envelope.  Anyone know of a pattern?  I'm sure I could come up with my own pattern if I had enough time to work on it, but with three small kids, there is no such thing.   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shari
For the Little Doll in Your Life http://centralnjemilyroseathome.blogspot.com/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 26 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Holiday Food Packaging with Martha Stewart
How to Make a Ribbon Christmas Tree
How to Make Circle Punch Christmas Trees
How to Make Aromatic Extracts
How to Make a Ribbon Wreath
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...