A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 302,723
Currently Running With Scissors:
685 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 26
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Big Thread of "Help Me Find a Pattern, Please!"  (Read 58853 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mhills

That's A Stitch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2009 06:42:43 PM »

Bongirl5 has etsy but it the completed wallet,not the pattern she is selling. I want to purchase her pattern. Or one like it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

elijor
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2009 03:28:30 PM »

Bongirl5 has etsy but it the completed wallet,not the pattern she is selling. I want to purchase her pattern. Or one like it.
But the Easy to Sew Tri-fold Wallet Pattern that Eroe posted is a pattern not a wallet. They look pretty much the same to me except the pattern has a "binding" around the edges while the one you want is done by sewing around the edges with the right sides together then turned right side out and topstitches. That should be an easy enough change if that is what you wanted instead. I didn't see measurements on either of them but again that would be a simple change.

Sew Christine has a tute for a similar wallet - the zipper is different - but then it is free.

Aneesah has a tute here. It also is similar. I'd flip the zippered coin part around so the zipper was closer to the snap like it is in your original post but otherwise it should work.

If you google "wallet tutorial" you will get lots of choices.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PopnGuns
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2009 01:35:50 PM »

I'm not a novice when it comes to sewing, so I thought this summer I'd take a shot at making this red, leather handled longchamp "Ceci est un IT BAG" tote pictured here: http://www.longchamp.com/en/home-e-shopping/e-shopping-showroom-425.html&genre=femme&ligne=462&nav5=lignes&snav5=462#entretienContent

I'm planning on modifying the tutorial found here:http://www.jcarolinecreative.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=JC&Screen=TOTEBAG

However, when I went to Joann's the other day, no one was able to help me. I thought I needed red canvas or ripstop cotton for the fabric on the outside, leather handles, black cotton for the interior, and various linings. No one knew what I was talking about, so I showed them the bag and the pattern and still nothing. Then they tried to have me buy a bolt of orange denim... Undecided

Alas, I come to you my fellow craftsters.

How should I dupe this tote bag?
What Fabric should I buy?
Any suggestions would be loved! Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Alexus1325
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2009 04:26:44 PM »

That's pretty dang sad when the fabric store ladies are clueless. I think red canvas would be cute, but red twill/denim wouldn't hurt either. I think the canvas would have a cooler texture, but the twill would be easier to print on, perhaps (I could be wrong, I haven't done that sort of thing yet). I say follow your instincts and devote at least an hour to wandering around the store. You may have to make your own handles if they don't carry any.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PopnGuns
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2009 10:43:16 AM »

That's pretty dang sad when the fabric store ladies are clueless. I think red canvas would be cute, but red twill/denim wouldn't hurt either. I think the canvas would have a cooler texture, but the twill would be easier to print on, perhaps (I could be wrong, I haven't done that sort of thing yet). I say follow your instincts and devote at least an hour to wandering around the store. You may have to make your own handles if they don't carry any.

Thanks for the advice! So red canvas. I think I'll go in the afternoon when the smarter people are there. Roll Eyes

Keep the advice coming people I love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Binoo
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2009 08:39:11 AM »

Do you want your pouch to have a lining? If not this sound like a good challange, with a lining it will be challenging-er.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

embercostumer
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2009 05:41:25 PM »

You could make two thinner ones and sew them together.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my website: www.embercostumes.com
twylag
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2009 05:20:52 PM »

Hi, its me again, with another question.  One day, I figure, I *must* have *something* to show for all my questions and all the projects I want to undertake.
This one is along the lines of a coach bag.
link to pic
Now I presume this is a knockoff of the real bag since I was searching for tutorials and knockoffs of coach bags.
But I am wondering: does anyone know of a tutorial or can give me a quick how-to on how to do that gathered bit in the middle?  The closest I have come up with so far is the "opposite" of that, a pattern on etsy that has the gathers on the ends and the plain part in the middle.  I am mostly wondering if you have to cut your piece of fabric in something other than a straight line to accomplish this.  Any Help out there?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ntaga
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2009 03:53:11 AM »

Could you add a casing in the middle and run a piece of elastic through it?  You could also stitch a casing between the lining and the bag, run your elastic through it and anchor the elastic.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hat-and-bag-lady

Too lazy 2 work, too honest 2 steal, jst rt to sew

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2009 10:13:27 PM »

This is a link to Queenofdiy's cosmetic tutorial. This might be what you're looking for.
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=182493.msg1899455#msg1899455

I hope this helps
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A.T. Morel
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 26 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Play Baccarat
Basketball Handicapping Bets Tips
Sports Betting Tips
How to Play Blackjack
Understanding Craps Terminology
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
I See London; I See France!
Meatless Monday: Zucchini Pineapple Loaf

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...