A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 302,525
Currently Running With Scissors:
559 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: inexpensive jewelry displays for fairs?  (Read 6316 times)
Tags for this thread: display  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

beatgirl77
« on: November 11, 2005 01:40:52 PM »

i really need some new jewelry displays.
i have the flat wooden boxes with the velvet insert so i really need something that stands up.

i don't have a lot of money so i really need them to be cheap.

i have no room in my apartment so i would prefer to buy something ready made. (anywhere but rio grande please)

thank you!
melissa
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MsP
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2005 01:15:30 AM »

Have you seen Display for necklaces (now with tutorial) by BeaG on the jewellery board?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
beatgirl77
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2005 10:10:52 AM »

thank you for the idea but i need something that i can buy ready-made.

i'm bad at stuff like that!

i can make jewelry but that's about it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CreativeKrystle
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2005 06:10:38 PM »

I just participated in my first craft sale today and I was having the same problem until, I figured out the solution, I have a big glass case for part of my display and standing display made from an old cabnet, But the one the worked the best was the one I made. I used 2 Bullet Boards and Hinged them together so that would stand on their own. and they worked great. The picture will probably explain it better than my own words lol.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Krystle
beatgirl77
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2005 09:57:53 PM »

that looks really cool!

i hope your show went well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CreativeKrystle
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2005 08:52:49 AM »

Thanks It was alright, It was just a small local one only 30 vendors or something , and in area known to be very cheap, I went in knowning it but I wanted to try a small one first to get the idea of how it goes at sales, I did better than alot of the vendors who didnt sell a thing, made a small profit and my cost back so i was happy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Krystle
sixy

Relax. Chill. Burn One.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2005 08:26:51 AM »

Don't forget ebay! I just picked up a very cute and professional display for $9... plenty of good deals to be had...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Darcicles
Darcicles

Silly me!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2008 12:06:26 PM »

Many times, neccessity is the mother of invention. I have made many of my own displays, just because new, prefab displays are EXPENSIVE!

I made this display with foam core board, spray glue, and great cheap fabric O got at a thrift store. http://public.fotki.com/Darcicles/all-my-work/photocraft/013108002.html

I made this display using an old junk frame, foam core board, and velveteen fabric, again purchased at a thrift store for pennies. I also glued the samples directly to the display, for traveling ease, but most people won't do that...lol. http://public.fotki.com/Darcicles/all-my-work/photocraft/021508b001.html

The pendant rack in this photo was made with 1/2" pvc pipe, connectors, and scrap wood I purchased from Home Depot. I have a hole cutter, so I just glued in a pvc connector after drilling the hole. It can be arranged in many different configuations to adapt to whatever space I have to sell for the day. The whole thing breaks down into four 3 ft sections, and the bases pop right off. I use heavy duty clamps to keep them in place, over the table covering. http://public.fotki.com/Darcicles/business/shows/092307011.html

The angel pin board is just more scrap wood, sheet batting, pretty, silvery scrap material, and those funny looking but strong paper clips, held on with decorative upolstery tacks.

I have used pringles and coffee cans, cigar boxes, and many other things to make displays. refurbished large, old picture frames can make a myriad of displays. A little fiberglass or metal screening can be added, and you have an instant earring display! If you want to leave your jewelry on the display, I recommend buying rubber earnuts, and attach them to the back. It's harder for the earrings to fall off or worse, get stolen. I keep old bed spreads in the back on my van to cover displays that the jewelry remains on.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

smittenheart

Let go of what's already gone..

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2008 04:33:15 AM »

I like glasses or silver containers..just seems to look clean,nice and its really super cheap since you can buy glasses at any thrift store or second hand store..with the glasses-you can draped necklaces  with the pendant over the side or hang earrings..

anywho,good luck on your search..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

its ME!!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=327537.0

http://cowandpigdesigns.etsy.com
http://cowandpigdesigns.blogspot.com
Soap licking is dangerous..please dont try it at home

will trade some soap for a superhero cape which will be used by the kid in my avatar ^^
Genesis1:1
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2008 07:40:47 PM »

Hi!
  I have used mug racks, (the standing kind) to display hanging items.  You know the mug racks that look like a tree? If you have table space it works nicely. I picked mine up cheap at the grocery store.   Good Luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Tips for Hiding Your Varicose Veins This Summer
How to Protect Your Hair From Sweat This Summer
Beauty Myths That Are Surprisingly True
Common Moisturizing Mistakes Women Make
Help for Common Beauty Emergencies
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Mashed Chickpea Salad Sammy
@Home This Weekend: Coffee Mug Cozy
March 25, 2015 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...