A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 300,932
Currently Running With Scissors:
583 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Only one and a half day to go... Childish dad. Please help me!  (Read 3430 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« on: November 11, 2005 07:29:19 AM »

Bah. I hate naming topics like this.

Anyway. I don't really like photos of myself, but my dad always seems really fond of them, so at first I thought of making him a clock, where instead of numbers there would be pictures of me age 1 to 12. But it felt "a bit" egocentric, and when I told my boyfriend he seemed to think I was telling him a rather funny joke (probably because I tell these things in a certain way when it embarreses me..) and suggested alternatives based on it, so I'm definetly not doing that now. Sad

Dad was really fond of a stencilled t-shirt I made for a swap, so I thought about making him a t-shirt but I can't really think of what... Nothing seems good enough.

He turned 50 this spring, I'm an only child, my mom has six cats and while dad loves them they drive him mad too... They're building a summer house on land (a big island rather close to the main land), he's very fond of construction work but he has every tool I can imagine plus I don't have a lot of money.
He works a lot with computers but even though he knows much, he's never up to speed and I don't think he's interested enough even if it fascinates him.

He's head of software development (I think o_O) at a company that makes gasoline pumps, so where ever we go he always stops to inspect various gasoline pumps if they're a tiny bit less regular than normally...

He's very childish. He's tall and sort of big and really has this "boss" thing going, he can have great authority when he wants to... but he's also very giggly and can suddenly go skipping down the road when we're in the middle of the city just to be silly with me (even though I'm 21 - luckily I grew immune to this behaviour at 15 and it now amuses me).

Any ideas are welcome. Smiley But bare in mind that I have NO money - I do have loads of supplies already though, and I'm a speedcrafter.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
star69

Summer swappin' fever and writing inspiration!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006 05:33:01 PM »

Maybe a decoupaged item maybe with pictures of you and him, or your family. And "We Love You" in cursive somewhere on it. Maybe a box, where he can keep all his treasured items in. Maybe give him a token of somesort that he can put in it and cherish? Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2006 07:44:32 AM »

That's a very cute suggestion, but he wouldn't really get the point Smiley He'd think it was cute, and then it would get forgotten somewhere Wink He really doesn't go in for mushy stuff.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
lazeedayzee
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2006 10:16:53 AM »

You know those flat marble magnets? I kind of wanted to make some of those with pictures of me and my brothers. I mean, it's sweet, but not over-the-top, and they're useful. I just need to find some pictures and shrink them down. But maybe you could do a set of magnets with pictures of old time gas pumps? Like pictures from old magazines? An idea...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2006 11:36:55 AM »

that's kind of a fun idea Smiley I'll have to remember that to next november... Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

white trash hero
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2007 04:54:30 PM »

decoupage some tools!
with family pics!
 ive seeni t done in wrapping paper
THIS ROCKS   Logged
catsjewelry

Beading is a way of life

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2007 05:38:16 PM »

I just made my dad a really neat shirt with the transfers you put through your printer. Yous could take a picture of you and him together and put it on a t-shirt for him.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Composition in Your Painting
How to Paint the Landscape
Painting Lesson - Color Chapter 1
Painting Lesson - Seeing Color & Value
Learn About "Dream Caused by the Flight of a Bee" by Dali
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...