A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 299,130
Currently Running With Scissors:
495 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Holiday Cookie Swap CLOSED!!(sign-up 11/10-12/1 send out by 12/10)  (Read 11687 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mistress_batty
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Batty Bat Bat

happy hookin' mistress

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #150 on: December 18, 2005 05:35:04 PM »

this doesn't have anything to do with the swao :-/ but I do have a question about everyone shipping the cookies. What do people do? ...err...How do you mail them? Should I freeze them over night...package them frozen, then mail them that day...like priority mail? Or do I not need to freeze them at all? Should they be fine packaged for 2 - 3 days in the mail? lol I'm baking them for a holiday gift and I just don't want to mail them and have them be all gross and spoiled.

I didn't get to join this swap but it was my inspiration for my gift. <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PlayItGeorge
« Reply #151 on: December 18, 2005 08:32:14 PM »

My cookies took 6 days to arrive (thanks, USPS), and were in super condition.  They weren't frozen but packed in a ziploc bag, wrapped with a bit of bubble wrap, and then surrounded by packing peanuts.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

8littlepaws.wordpress.com
loves2experiment
Swap Moderator
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator

Irreverent. Indomitable. Incorrigible.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #152 on: December 18, 2005 08:35:33 PM »

mistress_batty, I didn't freeze my cookies or anything.  The cookies were baked the evening before the day I planned to mail them to my partners.  After the cookies were baked and thoroughly cooled (important, since I packed them in ziploc bags, any condensation might cause them to spoil...), I wrapped the packages of cookies in bubble wrap, and shipped them in a box via priority mail.  HTH.  
THIS ROCKS   Logged

...loves to experiment...not a monogamous crafter...

STS Winter Market 2014
loves2experiment
Swap Moderator
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator

Irreverent. Indomitable. Incorrigible.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #153 on: December 18, 2005 08:39:38 PM »

My cookies took 6 days to arrive (thanks, USPS), and were in super condition.  They weren't frozen but packed in a ziploc bag, wrapped with a bit of bubble wrap, and then surrounded by packing peanuts.

Uhm...yeah...once you drop them off at the post office, who knows what the post office does with the package *sigh*  Know what?  It would have taken way less than 6 days to get in my car and drop them off at PlayItGeorge's doorstep!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2005 09:00:41 PM by loves2experiment » THIS ROCKS   Logged

...loves to experiment...not a monogamous crafter...

STS Winter Market 2014
mistress_batty

Batty Bat Bat

happy hookin' mistress

« Reply #154 on: December 18, 2005 08:53:16 PM »

Thanks for the suggestions! <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PinkMafia

Let your sparkle shine...

Recovering swap addict

« Reply #155 on: December 18, 2005 10:59:35 PM »

Mine beat yours and you sent first Huh I hope mine come soon. I forgot to put a note (I had 5 packages to send that day!) Coconut/macnut dipped in chocolate, white chocolate, macadamia and chocolate chip, peanut butter chocolate chip . I hope you liked and they survived the trip. I realized when I got to the post office that I didn't have enought packaging to protect them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crafty chica...burlesque performer....costume maven.
LivinEasy

Eat Cheese. Be Happy.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #156 on: December 19, 2005 04:31:51 AM »

Oh my, mine haven't gotten there yet?  Undecided  Man, that pisses me off...they were supposed to be there last Wednesday at the latest...I have a feeling they may not be all that tasty if they had to be in transit that long....lemme know and if they aren't (be honest, miss mafia) I'll replace them after the holidays...sorry, I've been having bad luck with shipping lately...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MirthFairy
« Reply #157 on: December 19, 2005 06:18:48 AM »

I got mine from Nutella a week ago, but I've been t o lazy to post.  Undecided

She sent Spice and Sugar cut our cookies with a lovely frosting (not too thick or sweet) and Oatmeal Butterscotch with Orange frosting, which are just wonderful! Sadly, not much is left of he package, so I've asked her to post pictures!

I would SO do this swap again! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Nutella

In a free knitting pattern kind of way.

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 19, 2005 10:42:51 AM »

As a public service, I'll post the recipe for the spice cookies- the recipe is from Good Housekeeping, circa 1976, and as far as I know, it hasn't been re-published.

And yes, that's the right quantity of butter. These suckers are NOT moist!

Spice Cookies

4 t butter or margarine
    c sugar
    c honey
   3 c flour
   2 t baking powder
    t cocoa
   2 eggs plus 1 egg yolk
   1 t cinnamon
    t cardamom
    t ground cloves

Stir together butter, sugar and honey; do not over mix. Sift together flour, baking powder, and cocoa. Stir into sugar mixture; it will be slightly lumpy and dry. Beat eggs with cinnamon, cardamom, and cloves, and stir into first mixture.

Press the coarse dough into an 8 log shape; wrap in wax paper and refrigerate one hour or longer.

Preheat oven to 325*
On a well floured cookie sheet with floured rolling pin roll of dough into a thickness. Cut out cookies and remove excess dough from around cookies. (I actually roll separately and carefully transfer cut out cookies onto a floured cookie sheet.)

Bake cookies in the top half of the oven at 325*f for about 15 minutes or until lightly golden. Allow to cool only slightly on cookie sheet. Complete cooling on rack.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wisty bandwagon: http://wists.com/?q=nutellanutterson

I'm walking and raising funds in support of AIDS Project Los Angeles: http://aidswalklosangeles2007.kintera.org/kejreeves
LivinEasy

Eat Cheese. Be Happy.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #159 on: December 19, 2005 11:27:34 AM »

Mine beat yours and you sent first Huh I hope mine come soon. I forgot to put a note (I had 5 packages to send that day!) Coconut/macnut dipped in chocolate, white chocolate, macadamia and chocolate chip, peanut butter chocolate chip . I hope you liked and they survived the trip. I realized when I got to the post office that I didn't have enought packaging to protect them.

If eating 6 cookies in one sitting qualifies as liking them then yes, I liked your cookies...jesus, I didn't even realize there were 4 different kinds until I read your post. I ran back to the box and started stuffing. You truly spoiled me. The coconut/macnuts are my favorite. Thank you for being a kick ass baker and sharing.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - The Healing Brush and the Options Bar
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Use the Spot Healing Brush Tool
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Composite with the Clone Stamp Tool
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - Introducing the Clone Stamp Tool
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - Pushing Pixels with the Smudge Tool
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...