A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,711
Currently Running With Scissors:
453 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Holiday Cookie Swap CLOSED!!(sign-up 11/10-12/1 send out by 12/10)  (Read 10536 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

girlwonder
« Reply #130 on: December 14, 2005 02:16:27 PM »

oh...nope not yours either. I bet theres two yummy cookie packages waiting for me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gracie Girlwonder

"A vagabond, when rich, is called a tourist." -unknown

"To be somebody, a woman does not have to be more like a man, but has to be more of a woman." Sally E. Shaywitz, neuroscientist
PlayItGeorge
« Reply #131 on: December 14, 2005 04:02:18 PM »

I got my cookies!!!  Sadly the Post office took 3 days,then day off (sunday), and then another 2 when I wasn't there to sign, but the cookies are still totally edible thanks to loves2experiment's fantastic packaging.  It puts my packaging to shame!!  They are GREAT.  Russian tea cakes, and peanut butter cup cookies which are like chocolate chip cookies, but with crumbled up peanut butter cups in them!!  Thanks so much and I am so happy to report they arrived safe and sound!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

8littlepaws.wordpre ss.com
ctgirl
« Reply #132 on: December 14, 2005 05:36:39 PM »

Yeah! I got my cookies today from CrazyCharlie.  The are super yuimmy and were quickly devoured, I was so hungry when I got home from work.  She make chocolate chip cookies, tree sugar cookies and these really interesting cookies with what I think was apple jam on them.  Thanks so much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sammyb

Mmm... Bowie...

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 14, 2005 05:42:31 PM »

oh...nope not yours either. I bet theres two yummy cookie packages waiting for me!

I packed those suckers good, so I hope they made it safely!

And I swear, I'll get around to the second batch as soon as I have a spare moment from this damn dog.  I never agreed to get a dog, yet when my husband came to pick me up for lunch last Friday, there was a 4 year old American Bulldog in the car.

Sometimes, he's an idiot.  But she's a doll, so I guess as soon as she quits trying to eat the cats and jump on people, it'll all be okay.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Every time Olive Oyl flails her noodle-like arms in the air and cries for Popeye's help, a feminist angel gets her wings ripped off her back.  (courtesy of mental_floss.)
PlayItGeorge
« Reply #134 on: December 14, 2005 08:38:16 PM »

I never agreed to get a dog, yet when my husband came to pick me up for lunch last Friday, there was a 4 year old American Bulldog in the car.

Whoa.  I really don't think my BF could possibly do anything to anger me more than bring a dog home w/o my permission.  But then again dogs freak me out I'm kinda weird like that.

And, the cookies arrived like, hours ago, and they're alraedy half gone.  So much for trying to eat healthy today!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

loves2experiment
Swap Moderator
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Irreverent. Indomitable. Incorrigible.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #135 on: December 15, 2005 06:21:38 AM »

PlayItGeorge, I'm so glad to hear that the cookies arrived intact, but I'm still puzzled about why they needed you to sign off on the package?!?  Bah!  I'll never figure out the postal service Sad  As for trying to eat healthy, it's a lost cause when there are cookies around!  I've munched through quite a bit of the cookies...trying to convince myself that I need the extra sugar because of all the extra trips to the mall!  Yeah, like anyone has ever managed to work off cookie calories by shopping at the mall  Roll Eyes   
THIS ROCKS   Logged

...loves to experiment...not a monogamous crafter...

STS Spring Market 2014
sammyb

Mmm... Bowie...

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 15, 2005 06:35:37 AM »

Whoa.  I really don't think my BF could possibly do anything to anger me more than bring a dog home w/o my permission.  But then again dogs freak me out I'm kinda weird like that.

She would probably freak you out like crazy, then... she's a big, slobbering, hyper thing.  She looks intimidating, but she's a sweetheart.

I couldn't be too mad.. I mean, it's not like he could just take her back (the family he got her from is about to have their third baby, and they both work--yeah, she's still working and she's due in 2 weeks, I think.. she's in love with her job--7am-6pm, so they felt like they couldn't give her all the attention she deserves, and I wouldn't dream of sending her to the pound.  She's ours now, and no matter how long it takes to calm her the hell down, we'll do it.

I have a weakspot for animals.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Every time Olive Oyl flails her noodle-like arms in the air and cries for Popeye's help, a feminist angel gets her wings ripped off her back.  (courtesy of mental_floss.)
PlayItGeorge
« Reply #137 on: December 15, 2005 08:15:11 AM »

That is good you're willing to work it out with the dog.  I'd be packing my bags!  HOWEVER...if it were a cat...wow that would be a wish come true to come home to another cat in the house! 

And loves2experiment, my BF ate your Russian Tea Cakes for breakfast.  I think they will be gone probably by tomorrow morning at the latest.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sammyb

Mmm... Bowie...

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 15, 2005 08:38:49 AM »

USPS says they were delivered yesterday!  I hope they made it safely!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

loves2experiment
Swap Moderator
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Irreverent. Indomitable. Incorrigible.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #139 on: December 15, 2005 10:34:52 AM »

Okay...I should really get around to taking pictures of the cookies I received from PlayItGeorge and cakelady.  When I get home this evening, I will make another attempt to do that BEFORE I consume any more cookies!!! 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

...loves to experiment...not a monogamous crafter...

STS Spring Market 2014
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Top Liquid Foundations For Fair to Dark Skin
Carrie Underwood Collaborated on Nail Polish Line
4 Must-Have Skin Care Ingredients
Massage Your Way to Better Skin
Best New Beauty Products For August
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...