A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,574
Currently Running With Scissors:
647 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Telling hubby/parents about pregnancy  (Read 17044 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sammyb

Mmm... Bowie...

View Profile
« on: November 10, 2005 12:44:41 PM »

So. Not there yet (at least I don't think we're there yet.. it's possible!), but hubby and I are trying for baby.  "Operation population" as I've been calling it...  Grin

Anyway, I've been trying to figure out a crafty way of telling him (I've always wanted to do it surprisingly, not "take the test together" ways) and our parents once it happens...

We've been trying to time it to be able to tell them at Christmas.  Hahaha, and that way I can get out of heavy lifting when we move in June.   Wink

Any suggestions?  Also, anyone who has the experience, when did you "know"?  Before the tests, before the doctor.. when did your body know?  I, for instance, have been listening to "Gracie" and "Not the Same" by Ben Folds all day for some odd reason... I think it's just wishful thinking, though.  Plus, I'm going to see him with the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra tomorrow night.. I'm uber-excited.  I love that man..
« Last Edit: November 10, 2005 12:47:29 PM by sammyb » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Every time Olive Oyl flails her noodle-like arms in the air and cries for Popeye's help, a feminist angel gets her wings ripped off her back.  (courtesy of mental_floss.)
SparkleHorse
The Green Fairy

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2005 12:49:44 PM »

Ok, I'm not preggers and I won't be for a while BUT, this week in Daily Candy, they have this thing where you can send 30 seconds of video, like from a digital camera or something, to them and they make a flip book of your little film. I was thinking it would be really cute to have a video of yourself with, say, a pregnancy test stick and you could look at the stick and then thumbs up/big smile at the camera, and hold up a "we're going to have a baby!" sign or something. and you can wrap the little book up and pretend it's a present. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"But why don't you scream now?" Alice asked, holding her hands ready to put over her ears again.

"Why, I've done all the screaming already," said the Queen. "What would be the good of having it all over again?"
sammyb

Mmm... Bowie...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2005 12:57:52 PM »

Congrats, that is so exciting, i wish I could try for a baby and didnt have to take anti-baby pills.
I'm jealous about the BSO as well. I live in MD too but there isnt much culture here on the shore.

Not putting on one of those little patches was really odd at first... it's just weird to think that if I did go preggo, there wouldn't be anyone (he's got some old fashioned family members down the line) that would be upset about it.  It's expected of us now.  Whooo pressure!  His brother and his wife just had a baby in September, so it's our turn now.

And truthfully, as much as I love seeing ANY life music (symphony orchestras are amazing live), I'm far more excited that my boy Ben will be there.  If he was with the Prague Symphony Orchestra, you'd have to cart me in a wheelbarrow, because I'd melt as soon as the music started!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Every time Olive Oyl flails her noodle-like arms in the air and cries for Popeye's help, a feminist angel gets her wings ripped off her back.  (courtesy of mental_floss.)
toomuchrock

Just another day in suburbia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2005 12:59:04 PM »

I suggest a baby themed dinner like Rebecca did for jesse on full house.

Baby Back Ribs, Baby Corn, Baby whatever.... but no actually references to a child.

see if he can figure it out.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I craft, Therefor I Rock!

toomuchrock.etsy.com

MOOLA! It amazes me
Never heard of Moola? PM me or click the link for More details.
sammyb

Mmm... Bowie...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2005 01:02:24 PM »

I suggest a baby themed dinner like Rebecca did for jesse on full house.

Baby Back Ribs, Baby Corn, Baby whatever.... but no actually references to a child.

see if he can figure it out.

Hahahaha... we were just laughing this morning about how John Stamos is going to be on ER tonight.

I totally forgot about that episode!  Then I might jinx myself into twins!   Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lylyfai

Multi-Crafter!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2005 01:09:13 PM »

So weird...we are trying to....wanting to spring the news at xmas as well....and for the same reason. We're moving. The funny thing my husband came up with is a cute little card that folds out with a changing tutorial Cheesy. I want to make a "bootie bouquet" for my parents. Several pairs of baby booties gathered up in a bunch and a happy grandparents day card (at xmas hopefully!)

Fingers crossed for you and for me Cheesy *huggles*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

145 dependents and counting=
139 dolls, 3 cats, 1 lost Hubby & Roland!
Preppin' for Ro's 3rd Bday- theme=Helicoptors!
http://www.adoptionsbygladney.com (Thank you!)
pearsonchick
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2005 12:07:01 PM »

If you're doing it at christmas, what about giving them a mini belly cast ornament?

http://wwav2.netfirms.com/wwavstore/nfoscomm/catalog/images/bellycast.jpg

Ok so the image isn't great...but you get the idea. Smiley
They're easy enough you can do a whole bunch of them.

I love the boquet of booties! Too cute!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011 08:31:22 PM by alteredmommy » THIS ROCKS   Logged

.: even a broken clock is right twice a day :.

Dotee swap!
Garden supply swap!
sammyb

Mmm... Bowie...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2005 12:16:20 PM »

So weird...we are trying to....wanting to spring the news at xmas as well....and for the same reason. We're moving. The funny thing my husband came up with is a cute little card that folds out with a changing tutorial Cheesy. I want to make a "bootie bouquet" for my parents. Several pairs of baby booties gathered up in a bunch and a happy grandparents day card (at xmas hopefully!)

Fingers crossed for you and for me Cheesy *huggles*

I keep telling my husband you just can't tell right away, and it takes a month or so to realize "hmm.. something may be different...".  He says we'd better keep trying, then...

I can't complain!  The "trying" part is the most fun!   Grin Grin

Let's hope all of our trying amounts to something.. if not, I guess we'll just have to be diligent.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blondegirl21
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2005 04:59:01 PM »

I just had my son 3 weeks ago. He is the first grandchild for both sets of grandparents & was greatly anticipated so I knew it had to be something special when we told our parents.
We invited them over for dinner; we had stirfry and for dessert ice cream w/fortune cookies. My husband & I actually made the fortune cookies ahead of time though & inserted our own fortunes. One of them said "You will soon hear the pitter patter of little feet", another 'I see diaper changing in your future." We made special ones for my brother and sister. His said "If you play your cards right, you could be the favorite uncle" and hers said 'Better brush up on those nursery rhymes."  Of course we had to tell everyone that it was a "custom" that everyone open their cookies at the same time. We also made ourselves fortune cookies so it didn't look suspicious. It was so great to see the looks on their faces & they absolutely loved how we told them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sammyb

Mmm... Bowie...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2005 05:04:59 PM »

I just had my son 3 weeks ago. He is the first grandchild for both sets of grandparents & was greatly anticipated so I knew it had to be something special when we told our parents.
We invited them over for dinner; we had stirfry and for dessert ice cream w/fortune cookies. My husband & I actually made the fortune cookies ahead of time though & inserted our own fortunes. One of them said "You will soon hear the pitter patter of little feet", another 'I see diaper changing in your future." We made special ones for my brother and sister. His said "If you play your cards right, you could be the favorite uncle" and hers said 'Better brush up on those nursery rhymes."  Of course we had to tell everyone that it was a "custom" that everyone open their cookies at the same time. We also made ourselves fortune cookies so it didn't look suspicious. It was so great to see the looks on their faces & they absolutely loved how we told them!

That's really cute.

My BIL and SIL just had a girl about 2 months ago, and we figured we'd give her a Christmas gift (assuming we're preggo by then) that says, "You'll have to learn to share this, because your cousin will need it next year." or something like that.

I'm still not complaining... trying is still the best part so far!   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
3DS Max 9 Tutorial - Creating a Sky
Video Editing - Sony Vegas Basics P.7
After Effects Tutorial - Making a Space Explosion
How to Resculpt with Filter Manipulations
3DS Max 9 Tutorial - Blowing Up a Planet P.2
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
Are You Ready For Some Football?
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...