A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 300,926
Currently Running With Scissors:
381 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Telling hubby/parents about pregnancy  (Read 17400 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ruby_soho

That's what she said.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #60 on: February 21, 2008 04:29:57 PM »

some ways i've thought of (for the future, since i'm not even close to ready):

packaging up a little baby outfit with a sports jersey (with our last name on the back) as a gift for the husband...

framing the sonogram picture and presenting it...

getting a card/frame for the parents/inlaws that says "world's best grandma/grandpa" or similar...

on a side note, my FSIL and FBIL presented my fiance's parents with her pregnancy test in a box for christmas.  they were beyond offended ("they gave us something she peed on...  Sad") so depending on your intended target for this kind of announcement, proceed with caution Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i care about you a homemade oven mitt's worth.
boxercurl
Wist Stalker

Boxers are the clowns of the K-9 world

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 28, 2008 10:57:09 AM »

I know this is late but I love the one someone put on here not too long ago, I think... The MTB has a T-shirt with a Prego Spaghetti sauce bottle on it and the DTB had a T-shirt with Dad's beer(?) on it.  I thought that was fantabulous.  Sorry to whomever posted this as theirs I don't remember where I saw to give you your proper credit.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I ask for so little...just fear me, love me, do as I say and I will be your slave.

Boxers are the BEST!!!
www.wists.com/boxercurl
ruby_soho

That's what she said.

« Reply #62 on: February 28, 2008 11:21:08 AM »

it was dooney, she posted earlier in this thread Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

merricat17
Strange Grounds

Strange Grounds Coffee, 1417 S Broadway, Denver CO

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #63 on: February 28, 2008 01:47:33 PM »

/sigh...my daughter is about to turn 3, and my husband has been mad dropping hints about his desire to have another baby.  a lot of it can be attributed to the new babies around us, true, but still.  thing is i have an iud, so it's very unlikely that it will just 'happen'.  he was pretty enthusiastic about making our daughter, though, like 'lets have a baby!  RIGHT NOW!  READY GO!'
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Strange Grounds Coffee
1417 South Broadway
Denver, CO 80210
MaxParadise
« Reply #64 on: September 22, 2008 10:51:19 PM »

okay so i'm jump starting this thread again! the husband and i have been trying for the past few months to get pregnant. so far nothing, but i plan on taking my 3rd home pregnancy test tomorrow morning (first mornings urine is the best to test, right?) hopefully 3rd time's the charm. he works in the morning, usually doesn't get back home until around 3:30. any other ideas on a cute, creative way to tell him? and for parents also. there was a lot of cute ideas already presented. i really liked the shirts that had the prego sauce and dads rootbeer!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

And your scared to death that you are never going to come alive.

http://www.pintrest.com/dheartst
msalowishus

Virginia is for lovers.

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 25, 2008 06:34:53 PM »

on month seven of trying here. not to discourage you or anything! i've just had alot of time to think. Our parents live far away and i still haven't decided on a long distance announcement. come on girls, i know you have more ideas!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ruby_soho

That's what she said.

« Reply #66 on: September 26, 2008 09:17:23 AM »

i think what we'll do for our parents (still eventually - not pregnant and not yet trying) will be to wait until their birthdays/a holiday and get them cards saying "happy ______ grandma/grandpa!"

and they'll go "um, what?  did you get the wrong card?"

and we'll say "oh, whoops, i guess so..."

but when they open it, we'll have written that we're pregnant and/or put in a sonogram picture.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 26, 2008 11:34:22 AM »

I think it's easier to think of ideas once you are pregnant and have a date in mind.  You can plan around holidays, birthdays, etc. that way.

We took advantage of Easter this year, for example http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=236107.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AndreaDeniell
« Reply #68 on: April 06, 2009 07:20:52 AM »

When we announced Our 2nd pregnancy I wanted it to be creative so I made t-shirts for our twins that both said "I'm the Big Brother", put them on our kids, took a picture and mailed the pictures and waited for phone calls...
Not everyone got it.. MIL thought the they were both wearing them b/c one twin was older and the other was taller  Roll Eyes... I guess it depends on if your family will "get it" or not, it was still fun and the loved the idea once they got it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I <3 Crafting!
MissMO
« Reply #69 on: June 25, 2009 10:51:03 AM »

If it is around Christmas I am just going to hang a third stocking with "Baby Horsley" on it to go with ours. That way when everyone comes over for christmas they will see it.

I plan on telling my husband by telling him we are havving company for dinner. And after he gets home from work and is in the shower I am going to set the table for a bunch of people and put name cards. And on the inside of the name cards I am going to put little messages hinting and the last one will have the pregnancy test taped inside.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Being an armywife is probably going to be the hardest thing you will ever encounter in your life- My Sweets
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Wrap Flowers
How to Gift Wrap a CD
How to Gift Wrap Small Items
How to Wrap Gift Baskets
How to Wrap a Box Shaped Gift
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...