A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,715
Currently Running With Scissors:
805 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Telling hubby/parents about pregnancy  (Read 16695 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Boosky
« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2007 04:45:46 PM »

When I found out about baby #4 I bought a baby bottle and stuffed it with tulle and then put the positve pregnancy test in.  I finished it off with a big bow, put it in a gift bag and surprised him at work with it-he kept it on his desk for weeks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ayajj
« Reply #51 on: October 08, 2007 10:32:19 AM »

I really didn't have to tell my hubby, because he kinda knew when I did.  He also guessed the sex, so I really didn't have anything to surprise him with (though our soon-to-be-hatched daughter will most likely take care of surprising him from here on out Smiley )

For our parents, we wrote "Guess What?" on my belly.   Then we went over to see them (it was 4th of July) and said, "Hey Mom, Dad" and flashed them my tummy.  It took about 2 seconds to register, but my dad started jumping up and down screaming.  My mom took a little longer, because she was asking "Where are my glasses?  I can't read it."  Then it registered and she started screaming like my dad. 

Much better than what I'd originally planned, which was giving them an ultrasound picture to them in their anniversary cards. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jackiesue
« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2007 12:06:12 PM »

Well for my husband, I didn't do anything creative, I was too shocked.  Smiley  But for my parents, I did a scrapbook layout with pictures of me holding up the positive test.  My mom loved it, as I've kept up with a scrapbook for her the past few years.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 16, 2007 12:23:50 PM »

I'm not allowed to read this thread anymore.  I had a dream about how I was going to tell mr.sweets4ever I was pregnant (I'm not). Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
FauxChina

Hello, my name is AAAAAAAAAHHHH

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 16, 2007 12:52:26 PM »

I wanted to be all sweet and romantic when I told my fella, but that's not us at all, so when he came home from work, I asked how his day was then said "I think I broke the toilet, can you go take a look?" and I had the positive test sitting on the lid of the toilet.  He went in, saw the test, came out and said "you're pregnant."  He's afraid of getting excited though, as it's still pretty new, I'm only 9 weeks along I think.

We just told our parents on Saturday night, we took his parents and my mom out for dinner, and gave them a card with a cute little elephant on the front and on the inside it said "and baby makes three" I'll have to scan the cards, it was my first time stamping with anything other than a potato which I haven't done in over 20 years (wow that made me feel incredibly old) so I'm quite proud of the cards. 

The movie trailer idea was awesome.  I also really liked the Preggo and Dad's t-shirt ideas.  All the ideas were great.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a new mom to my beautiful baby girl Rhaevyn, born June 12th, she keeps me super busy.
frix220

BRAND NEW-- frix220.etsy.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: October 16, 2007 06:40:46 PM »

I did a scrapbook layout with pictures of me holding up the positive test. 

Oooh jackiesue.. how sweet!! I would LOVE to see that!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BRAND NEW-- frix220.etsy.com
cknaus65

Sewing in the wind.

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2007 03:49:58 PM »

2 Christmas ago my sister bought over a pressent and told us we had to share it. Take turns with who gets to keep this time and who gets it the next. Well When my sister opened it we all started screaming. It was a babies first christmas orniment. She is the youngest and has 4 older sisters. Let me tell you we went on for hours.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Bela-Kiss
« Reply #57 on: November 25, 2007 07:52:16 AM »

Have you seen he commercial where the woman comes in from shopping and says " I got some new shoes. Do you wnat to see them?" then he says yes and she brings a little box over with baby booties in it.

I've always thought that would be a cute way.
you could do it with anything like shirts, pants, jacket...etc.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sideCRASHcars
« Reply #58 on: February 07, 2008 02:44:31 PM »

Have you seen he commercial where the woman comes in from shopping and says " I got some new shoes. Do you wnat to see them?" then he says yes and she brings a little box over with baby booties in it.

I've always thought that would be a cute way.
you could do it with anything like shirts, pants, jacket...etc.

Whenever we decide to get pregnant i'm going to have to do this!
as of right now i'm the only one who wants alittle one right now, lol.
i'll probably get like little basketball booties, i saw them in the store and fell in love with them.
and since hubby loves basketball it'll be prefect.
but i have a feeling he's going to know before i do!

i really love all the ideas they're so cute!
and i really loved the trailer! <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Moxie_Crimefighter
« Reply #59 on: February 21, 2008 04:08:30 PM »

I just told my hubby two days ago that we were expecting  Cheesy I decided to make him supper, and instead of bringing him a glass of milk, I put it in a baby bottle. it took him a few minutes to catch on!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Helene Cooper Talks About The House at Sugar Beach
Meet Author J.A. Jance
Marla Frazee Talks About All The World
Lisa Wheeler and Mark Siegel Talks About Boogie Knights
Dia Reeves Talks About Bleeding Violet
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...