A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 302,605
Currently Running With Scissors:
558 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Telling hubby/parents about pregnancy  (Read 16645 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

firehead4

Wanna Make Something of It?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2006 07:17:26 PM »

It's PHENOMENAL and funny !!!
Congrats!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Practicing Random Acts of Creativity

Follow Me at...
http://artforcoffeessake.blogspot.com/
http://youtu.be/Q73M5hiqktA
shsupernova
funny love

your chopsticks dance will win over his heart

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2006 07:28:09 PM »

i've had this thread in my bookmarks for quite some time now...lots of great ideas here!  anyhow, i wanted bump up this up again to see if anyone else had any other ideas because i'm finally at the point when i could use them.  yay!  my husband and i have decided to start trying for a baby, and we'll be the first in both of our families to have children.  i really want to do something special to let everyone know when the time comes.  Smiley

sammyb, that video was incredible...great idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

visit my website!  thecleverkitty.com
and my etsy shop!  www.thecleverkitty. etsy.com
shewolf
I call her Vera.

The hero of Canton

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2006 09:16:53 PM »

LOL I told my parents by shwing them the ultrasound photo...after the marriage cert, which they hadn't seen eitehr (we were estranged at the time...)

Same for the in-laws, but they had just seen another child's ultrasound vid, so we told them We had a picture they had to see, and showed it to 'em. My FIL cried and hugged me. My MIL was thrilled.

Yeah, I'm so inspired Roll Eyes But at the time, crafty for me was getting an outfit out of the closet that didn't totally clash!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(\__/) This is Fat Bunny.
( o.o ) It has taken over, and eaten the unbelievers.
( > < ) Copy Bunny into your signature or be EATEN!

www.rattleheadgames .com - for all your gaming needs!

http://www.wists.com/shewolf I wish, I wish, with all my heart.... Smiley
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2006 12:42:26 AM »

My brother just told my parents!  Smiley

It's a little late for this, for you, but they made a scrapbook...first a picture of our whole family, then a baby pic of him, a baby pic of her, a pic of them together, and lastly the sonogram.  The rest of the pages were blank.  They gave it to my parents on Father's Day.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
shsupernova
funny love

your chopsticks dance will win over his heart

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2006 04:39:59 AM »

sweets, that's a nice idea with the scrapbook.  and on father's day!  how sweet.

so, for any of you that have been through this before, at what point did you all tell the family that you were pregnant?  how far along were you?

right now we're living in a different state than both of our families.  my mom will be coming out in september, at the same time when his family will be coming to their vacation home here.  we just started trying, but i'm hoping that we can get pregnant before september, so we can suprise everyone with the news when they're here.  my mom will be flying in, so i thought about showing up at the airport with a sign (like those ones drivers have when they pick people up from the airport) that says "grandma".  but, i'm not pregnant yet, or at least, i don't think so Wink  so i'll have to wait and see.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

visit my website!  thecleverkitty.com
and my etsy shop!  www.thecleverkitty. etsy.com
dooney
Remnants are a girl's best friend.

Wiggle eyes make my world go 'round.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2006 11:19:23 AM »

here's how we told:

my whole family camps together a lot, and we couldn't join them because i work this weekend (GRR) but i got off at 6:15 yesterday and we headed up to visit. all we did was wear the shirts and see who figured it out. it was fun to watch the reactions! some got it right away and others would never have figured it out if it wasn't for the ones who got it.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011 08:34:19 PM by alteredmommy - Reason: fixed coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

pacasha
« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2006 11:26:23 AM »

i LOVE those t-shirts. how funny!

we had been trying for so long. i didn't want to take a test because they were always negative. i totally didn't think i was pregnant before hand, even though i was 2 weeks late. i just had one lying around and peed on it and ran out of the bathroom crying. my poor hubby didn't know what hit him.
a few days later we went out to eat with my family and i blurted it out and started crying. My mom didn't believe me for like 2 months, even though she actually WENT with me to the ultrasound! i think it's finally hitting her (i'm about 6 months now, and HUGE)

Next time, i'm making those t's. That's just too cute.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dooney
Remnants are a girl's best friend.

Wiggle eyes make my world go 'round.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2006 11:28:26 AM »

haha my mother in law didn't believe us because my husband jokes around a lot. it took like ten minutes for her to finally believe us.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LaughingLark
« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2006 12:27:37 PM »

We didn't really have any creative ways to tell the family, partly because it always took so long---YEARS--for us to concieve each of our boys. So, we just kind of blurted out the news each time. What I think is really funny is that EVERY TIME, my husband figured out that I was pregnant before I did. Usually before I was even late. I guess, in retrospect, it should have been obvious to me, because right after I concieve, I have a pattern of suddenly getting VERY hungry all the time, and oversleeping (I am usually an insomniac). I guess all that eating is to get me ready for the morning sickness that strikes at six weeks. Tongue

This time around, age 42 at conception, he started telling me he thought I was pregnant a few days before I should have been due for Aunt Flo. I thought "No Way!", because I had already been getting occasional hot flashes for around six months, so I assumed I was all done having kids, and our two boys were going to be it. Sure enough, I ended up being late, and when I was seven days late, I got a test. Postive! Hubby called it again! No surprising that man! Cheesy

I love those T-shirts...what a great idea!

--Lark
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Machaine
« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2006 12:37:10 PM »

oh my sammyb, your video was absolutely amazing. i have to remember that when i decide to have a baby!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Farm Themed Crafts Using Stencils
Decoupage Crafts and Techniques: Fabric to Fabric
Decoupage Crafts and Techniques: Fabric to Fabric Waterproof Finish
How to Etch a Monogram on Glass
How to Transfer Photo Images
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...