A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 300,920
Currently Running With Scissors:
618 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Telling hubby/parents about pregnancy  (Read 17398 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

melman

i'm a crafty aggie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2005 04:49:44 PM »

We are also trying and would love to time it with Christmas.  I thought about finding picture frames that reference babies or grandparents and place a stick figure drawing in it.  Not very original but another idea.  I also heard of someone putting the pregnancy test stick in a box (like a bracelet box) and wrapping it up for their husband.  Eww!  I may have to figure out a way to incorporate our puppies because they are our children.  Maybe dress them in Big Brother t-shirts and make a card from the pic!? It's going to be interesting to see what happens once we finally have a little one.   Smiley 

Here's to successfully populating the world with more craftiness!

Gig 'em!

I married an Aggie.  We have many, MANY infant items since we moved from College Station.  And, my OB-GYN is an Aggie!  This may be TMI, but whatever... be warned!

I had a UTI, and we had just moved to Maryland, so I had to find a gyno STAT!  Everywhere I tried wasn't taking new patients, and then this one place fit me into their schedules because I was almost bawling on the phone from the pain.  They told me to get there immediately, and I happened to wear a TAMU shirt, and the nurse almost choked when she saw me because she thought I knew he was an Aggie!

He says he loves to bring new babies the wonders of Aggie football.   Grin

The only reason I stayed with him (I prefer women doctors, just because they know the works from experience) was because of that.  My husband was so proud.   Wink

My babies-to-be are already Aggies!  Let the brainwashing begin!  I should start stocking up on Aggie baby stuff.  I miss College Station and would move back in a heartbeat if hubby would go for it.  And there's not much wonderful about Aggie football these days but I'm no fair-weathered fan!  I guess you really can find Aggies everywhere you go.   Grin

I thought of another idea...if you already know what your parents will be called by your children you could make t-shirts, or something with that name on it to give them.  It's hard if yours is the first, but in my case, they all know we are trying so it could be brought up in conversation what they want to be called. You could even go with the cheesy, "World's Greatest Grandma/Grandpa" if you can't ask.

Gig 'Em / Melanie (Class of '95)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

------------------------------------------------------
there are three kinds of aggies
those of us who can count and
those of us who cannot

http://claybar.org | http://texasreddirtphotos.com | http://oldorangecafe.com
sammyb

Mmm... Bowie...

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2006 03:24:00 AM »

Going on the 70-something-percent accuracy of an early detection test...

Hubby knows.  He told me to take a test because he's impatient.  Then, the look on my face was answer enough!

Anyway, we decided to try this: know those address labels (from VistaPrint, I think) that you can put a cartoon of the heads of your family?  Well, we are gonna make one, with us, the kitties and the dog, plus a baby head.  It'll be sly enough that our parents might not catch it, but might catch it right away.  It'll be fun to see who calls us first!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Every time Olive Oyl flails her noodle-like arms in the air and cries for Popeye's help, a feminist angel gets her wings ripped off her back.  (courtesy of mental_floss.)
sammyb

Mmm... Bowie...

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2006 12:13:06 PM »

We have baby!  Well, we have something that will gradually increase in size to be a baby!

We ended up making a movie trailer that says, "unten.org and baltimoron (we call our dog that, as we live near baltimore and she's definitely a moron) productions present a journey through the generations..." and then it's a bunch of pictures of his family (plus me and my SIL, since we've got the last name) which all goes to that song that's always in movie trailers... it plays on the "Glory" DVD menu, for example. 

Then, it says "Just when you thought enough was enough..."

"THIS FALL!"

"Another one joins the ranks!  And this time, it won't be a dog or a cat."

"No, it's not a platypus, either."  (Hubby loves those ugly ass things.)

It was a hit!  Everyone loved it... it caused his mom, my mom and my friend to cry, and made everyone else laugh hysterically.  Yeah!

Now to wait for late February, to find out the due date, etc... we're only 5 weeks now, and our first appt. is just after 12 weeks (because we'll have company the two weeks before that), and that way we can go to the appt. together.  Yay, babies!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Every time Olive Oyl flails her noodle-like arms in the air and cries for Popeye's help, a feminist angel gets her wings ripped off her back.  (courtesy of mental_floss.)
Morning Star
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

feel my chest when i look at you, baby you, you got my only heart.

suppose i said, you're my saving grace?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2006 12:18:36 PM »

yay! awesome idea!
congrats, too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-mayor west?
-how do you know my language?

i made an info blog for my swap partners.
http://mon-seul.livejournal.com/

i now have a wist list!

www.wists.com/morningstar
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2006 12:23:54 PM »

Ah, that is great!  I am glad we could follow you through the whole process... hehe.. it was neat reading all of the ideas & then reading your actual idea in the end.  How neat!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sammyb

Mmm... Bowie...

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2006 12:34:39 PM »

Once I get home, and I can remember the website address, I'll have to post the video.  It's a huge download, though... maybe we'll just condense it down later.

The best part was having his mom call five times just so he could walk her through installing quicktime, and how to open the movie... then the next time she called, she was crying!  I could hear her across the room!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2006 12:36:52 PM »

Once I get home, and I can remember the website address, I'll have to post the video.  It's a huge download, though... maybe we'll just condense it down later.

The best part was having his mom call five times just so he could walk her through installing quicktime, and how to open the movie... then the next time she called, she was crying!  I could hear her across the room!

Ah!  I'd love to see it!  Grin

That's so cute...about his mom.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tawna1121
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2006 02:51:00 PM »

completely random but when my niece ( whos 4 years younger than me) found out she waa preggo she send me the funnest card ... It was a  serious card all muted colors it said on the cover " I'm So Sorry..."  then I opened it up an dit had this goof granny-looking woman and said YOU're A GREAT-AUNTIE!!!

shouyld I mention I'm only 23 so the old woman was funnY!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To Live is to Create to Create is to live !
sarahjayne

Pondering.....

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2006 03:20:03 PM »

Wow, congratulations sammyb!

Any baby/wedding talk makes me so broody lately.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and sings it back to you when you forget the words.

I have me a wishlist thingy...see here

UK CRAFTERS!! Come to www.craftermath.co.uk Help us change the world
sammyb

Mmm... Bowie...

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2006 06:45:50 PM »

Here's the debut!

To see the original, 50mb download:

1. Go to the following link and download the .zip file:
http://homepage.mac.com/blaum/.Movies/Blaum Family Trailer.zip  (if this doesn't work, there ARE spaces, not underscores, between "Blaum Family Trailer")

2. Unzip the file to your desktop

3. Install QuickTime if you don't already have it. I've included the install file.

4. Test your speakers and make sure they are turned on and turned up.

5. Start the video and make its fullscreen (or 'fit to screen').

To see the quick-n-dirty, compressed for webpage viewing (read: not as good, it's a little "off") version, go here:

1.  Go to http://www.unten.org

2.  Click "movies" at the top.

3.  Click "Baby trailer" on the page.

You need quicktime for these, remember.  And don't forget the sound, if you've got it available!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Shape and Bake Naan Bread
How to Mix the Dough for Naan Bread
How to Make Naan Bread
How to Add the Tandoori Style Chicken to the Sauce
How to Prep the Ingredients for Butter Sauce
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...