A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 302,587
Currently Running With Scissors:
547 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Telling hubby/parents about pregnancy  (Read 16638 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Morning Star
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

feel my chest when i look at you, baby you, you got my only heart.

suppose i said, you're my saving grace?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2005 05:05:38 PM »

blondegirl21, that is the cutest idea ever.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-mayor west?
-how do you know my language?

i made an info blog for my swap partners.
http://mon-seul.livejournal.com/

i now have a wist list!

www.wists.com/morningstar
indigokat

Craftin' while they're nappin'

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2005 04:35:09 PM »

Congrats (in advance)!

My daughter just turned 7 months (time is going so quickly!) and I remember how fun the trying was and we had to try and try for a long time. And I also remember how hard it was to wait to do the test too. But your body will give you hints beforehand. I just knew even before the test - it's that whole sensitive breast thing, etc.

What a wonderful X-mas gift you are both giving your families this year!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Back from hiatus and trying not to just lurk.
sammyb

Mmm... Bowie...

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2005 05:59:09 PM »

Congrats (in advance)!

My daughter just turned 7 months (time is going so quickly!) and I remember how fun the trying was and we had to try and try for a long time. And I also remember how hard it was to wait to do the test too. But your body will give you hints beforehand. I just knew even before the test - it's that whole sensitive breast thing, etc.

What a wonderful X-mas gift you are both giving your families this year!!!

Thanks!  We hope it will be a Christmas gift... otherwise, we'll have to plan it around some other holiday.  Happy Groundhog's Day!  You're gonna be grandparents!  Hahahaha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Every time Olive Oyl flails her noodle-like arms in the air and cries for Popeye's help, a feminist angel gets her wings ripped off her back.  (courtesy of mental_floss.)
firehead4

Wanna Make Something of It?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2005 01:13:53 PM »

I was just like you in wanting to surprise my husband!  Our darling son is almost 14 months now and he is the 1st and only grandchild on both sides!
I actually didn't tell my husband I was pregnant... I had the dog tell him!!!
We have always pretended that Ira, our labradoodle from Australia, could speak French with a British accent (yes, we are rather imaginative and weird, aren't we?). Anway, I created a 2-sided word bubble from cardboard and paper to hold over Ira's head. Originally, I tried to attach the word bubble to a stick to Ira's collar, but it didn't hold up and it kind of freaked him out, so I just held it over the dog's head. I said, "Honey, Ira is thinking out loud!" He's like, "Huh?" And I go, "Look, he's thinking out loud!" He looks over and reads the word bubble, kind of confused...then a smile crosses his face and I flip the word bubble over to the other side "I love you" with the date on it (for a keepsake, of course). My husband says he loves the way I told him!

Here's Ira

Here's the word bubble/side 1:

Word bubble/side 2:
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011 08:32:35 PM by alteredmommy - Reason: fixed coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Practicing Random Acts of Creativity

Follow Me at...
http://artforcoffeessake.blogspot.com/
http://youtu.be/Q73M5hiqktA
sammyb

Mmm... Bowie...

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2005 01:45:31 PM »

I was just like you in wanting to surprise my husband!  Our darling son is almost 14 months now and he is the 1st and only grandchild on both sides!
I actually didn't tell my husband I was pregnant... I had the dog tell him!!!
We have always pretended that Ira, our labradoodle from Australia, could speak French with a British accent (yes, we are rather imaginative and weird, aren't we?). Anway, I created a 2-sided word bubble from cardboard and paper to hold over Ira's head. Originally, I tried to attach the word bubble to a stick to Ira's collar, but it didn't hold up and it kind of freaked him out, so I just held it over the dog's head. I said, "Honey, Ira is thinking out loud!" He's like, "Huh?" And I go, "Look, he's thinking out loud!" He looks over and reads the word bubble, kind of confused...then a smile crosses his face and I flip the word bubble over to the other side "I love you" with the date on it (for a keepsake, of course). My husband says he loves the way I told him!
*photos cut for bandwidth*

That is adorable!  We, too, are obsessed with our pets (three cats, two currently living with us) and they have their own voices and dances... and they aren't really happy about the dancing, hahaha.

This certainly is a good idea!

I'm beginning to feel bloaty and crampy, though, so I think this thread may have more time to suggest ideas...  Cry

Hey, all the more time for trying!   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Every time Olive Oyl flails her noodle-like arms in the air and cries for Popeye's help, a feminist angel gets her wings ripped off her back.  (courtesy of mental_floss.)
firehead4

Wanna Make Something of It?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2005 01:51:04 PM »

I'm beginning to feel bloaty and crampy, though, so I think this thread may have more time to suggest ideas...  Cry

For the record, I totally thought I was having my period when I found I was pregnant.  I was bleeding very lightly and then it just didn't seem to increase...a small voice in the back of my head (perhaps it was Ira? Wink) suggested I go get some preg tests.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Practicing Random Acts of Creativity

Follow Me at...
http://artforcoffeessake.blogspot.com/
http://youtu.be/Q73M5hiqktA
frogsrock
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2005 02:35:03 PM »

firehead4, january 29 is my birthday lol (just found that amuseing)

um heres my lame idea

paint a dish saying something like "I'm Pregnant!!" (or be sneaky and draw like diapers and stuff on it) and then make a bunch of cookies, sorta layer them on the plate, and invite people over!

or

make a cake, slice it up, put a baby related thing in each bit of cake (like a little plastic baby or something) and serve it to people
*make sure the thing is noticable
*dont give a small kid something like this
THIS ROCKS   Logged
melman

i'm a crafty aggie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2005 03:10:10 PM »

We are also trying and would love to time it with Christmas.  I thought about finding picture frames that reference babies or grandparents and place a stick figure drawing in it.  Not very original but another idea.  I also heard of someone putting the pregnancy test stick in a box (like a bracelet box) and wrapping it up for their husband.  Eww!  I may have to figure out a way to incorporate our puppies because they are our children.  Maybe dress them in Big Brother t-shirts and make a card from the pic!? It's going to be interesting to see what happens once we finally have a little one.   Smiley 

Here's to successfully populating the world with more craftiness!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

------------------------------------------------------
there are three kinds of aggies
those of us who can count and
those of us who cannot

http://claybar.org | http://texasreddirtphotos.com | http://oldorangecafe.com
TheRehn

being a FOC is cool :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2005 03:46:06 PM »

Ok, I'm not preggers and I won't be for a while BUT, this week in Daily Candy, they have this thing where you can send 30 seconds of video, like from a digital camera or something, to them and they make a flip book of your little film. I was thinking it would be really cute to have a video of yourself with, say, a pregnancy test stick and you could look at the stick and then thumbs up/big smile at the camera, and hold up a "we're going to have a baby!" sign or something. and you can wrap the little book up and pretend it's a present. 

If anyone is interested in doing something like that I just found a freeware program to make .avi and .mpeg into flip books http://cms.dacamyo.net/content/view/20/41 (scroll down) I'm gonna use them as christmas gifts thanks SprarkleHorse I would never have thought to look for it otherwise Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Haven't been too well recently - not fallen off the face of the earth.
Ooh - I have a Wist http://www.wists.com/TheRehn
sammyb

Mmm... Bowie...

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2005 04:25:33 PM »

We are also trying and would love to time it with Christmas.  I thought about finding picture frames that reference babies or grandparents and place a stick figure drawing in it.  Not very original but another idea.  I also heard of someone putting the pregnancy test stick in a box (like a bracelet box) and wrapping it up for their husband.  Eww!  I may have to figure out a way to incorporate our puppies because they are our children.  Maybe dress them in Big Brother t-shirts and make a card from the pic!? It's going to be interesting to see what happens once we finally have a little one.   Smiley 

Here's to successfully populating the world with more craftiness!

Gig 'em!

I married an Aggie.  We have many, MANY infant items since we moved from College Station.  And, my OB-GYN is an Aggie!  This may be TMI, but whatever... be warned!

I had a UTI, and we had just moved to Maryland, so I had to find a gyno STAT!  Everywhere I tried wasn't taking new patients, and then this one place fit me into their schedules because I was almost bawling on the phone from the pain.  They told me to get there immediately, and I happened to wear a TAMU shirt, and the nurse almost choked when she saw me because she thought I knew he was an Aggie!

He says he loves to bring new babies the wonders of Aggie football.   Grin

The only reason I stayed with him (I prefer women doctors, just because they know the works from experience) was because of that.  My husband was so proud.   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Braid Your Hair for Christmas
Model Soo Joo Park on Her Blonde Hair
Top 3 Ways to Style a Shoulder Length Bob
How to Control Frizz and Static for Fine Hair
A Holiday Hair Bow in 2 Minutes Flat
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...