A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,713
Currently Running With Scissors:
557 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Redecorating my sewing room.  (Read 1386 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Lia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« on: November 23, 2003 10:08:12 PM »

I have been sewing in the spare bedroom in the basement for months, and I always have to pack up my HUGE mess whenever some one comes to stay the night.

On Decemeber 10th (when i am done finals!), I finally get access to our old toy room, which was originally meant to be a sewing room for my mom. This room is horrendes, we need the people from the show Clean Sweep to come in and get rid of everything. The only space in the room without junk on it is just the small area in front of the door. If I want something I have to climb on top of the piles of tables and toys and scary dolls, its quite fun actually.

But I have convinced my mom to let me in there and clean it out and take over. I am SO excited. And I love decorating (I am obsessed with Debbie Travis <3).

And since I am so excited about it, I want to share my plans with you all! The room is white, so I might repaint it white and then hand painted green polka dots all over the walls. Then I will paint my sewing desk green, and take out the drawers and buy some baskets to replace the drawers with from IKEA spray painted white. Then I will cover the tiny window with some nice pink drapes, and sew some big pink curtains to cover the front of these huge floors to ceiling bookcases that will store all the toys my mom doesn't want to sell/give away. Oh! And I want a nice tall sewing table (similar to the one shown on not marta) so I can use my rotary cutter on it without killing my back.

Whew! I am so excited, sorry I got carried away there for a bit.
Post pictures if you can of your workspaces, and describe them, I am so nosy I love to see others spaces!

Oh, What I want are some ideas that you girls (and boys?) use to organize your craft and sewing supplies! How do you store you fabric? Any ideas on how to have it hanging up?

Thanks guys, craftster is the best!
« Last Edit: November 23, 2003 10:09:53 PM by Lia » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Add Volume to Your Hair with a Volumizing Catalyst
Alexander Wang Reinvents the Ponytail for Spring 2013
Hair Stylist For a Day at Altuzarra Spring 2013
How to Create a Low Ponytail from NY Fashion Week
How to Create a Bohemian Hairstyle from NY Fashion Week
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...