A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,440
Currently Running With Scissors:
432 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: wanna make 5 shawls for me?  (Read 1765 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

philodendron5
« on: November 09, 2005 11:46:54 PM »

Okay. So this is completely random, but I've been toying with this idea lately. I'm getting married in June 2007 and I want to give my lovely ladies shawls as a gift. I however cannot knit/crochet.. I've tried. I suck. I hate it.

Anyways! So, I'd like to contract with a craftster if possible, you know keeping it all in the family.  Grin I of course would provide all of the materials and pay. As for payment! I'm broke, but I'm also a potter. I was thinking that it might be a fair trade for 5 shawls... some monetary compensation, and then a variety of lovely bowls, platters, etc. From my biased perspective, I feel like that would be a fair trade.

I really love the highly detailed, delicate looking shawls.. but then again a small detail goes a long way.... I'd be completely willing to talk it out.  I have limited knowledge in this field.

So... here's hoping someone thinks that it's a great idea...  Grin 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Meatwad: I'm satan's onion... or scallion, something like that.

Frylock: I think you mean minion.

Meatwad: oh yeah, that's right.
eunnyjang
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2005 04:14:39 AM »

What a pretty idea for your wedding!  I would be happy to do it - here are a couple of things I've made in the past couple months, all for Christmas gifts:

And I'm working on two of these for Xmas, too:

(Image courtesy of Fiddlesticks Knitting).

These are just samples of what I can do; I'm reasonably confident that I could do pretty much any pattern you wanted.  As for setting a price/trade...materials would be approx $16.00 for each for a cobweb-weight shawl of 100% Merino wool (of course, the price of the yarn could go up in the next year, and there would probably be other material costs involved...say the total would be $20.00/shawl for materials?).  And two weeks worth of knitting go into each one, so fair compensation for that.

Let me know if you're interested!  This sounds like fun, mainly because I love knitting lace, but hate wearing it and am running out of people to pawn it off on.  We can take this to PM or email if you prefer...if you like, I could help you choose an existing pattern, or we could come up with something new with lace stitches that would have special meaning and symbolism for you...I suppose there would probably be a slightly higher cost per shawl for that service.

My only question - is it okay to sell/trade something made from someone else's pattern?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2005 04:22:40 AM by eunnyjang » THIS ROCKS   Logged

There will also be cocktail sauce.  -- Smoove B

See Eunny Knit!
yahaira
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2005 04:55:15 AM »

I think it's ok if the op buys a copy of the pattern as well (or the only copy if you don't already own it).  So she's paying for your work but not the pattern (if that makes sense)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my blog --->
www.bitterpurl.com

my store --->
www.pureknits.com
eunnyjang
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2005 04:57:27 AM »

A HA!  Thank you, lovely lady!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There will also be cocktail sauce.  -- Smoove B

See Eunny Knit!
sammyb

Mmm... Bowie...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2005 05:50:33 AM »

This thread made me smile.

That's all.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Every time Olive Oyl flails her noodle-like arms in the air and cries for Popeye's help, a feminist angel gets her wings ripped off her back.  (courtesy of mental_floss.)
philodendron5
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2005 11:43:38 PM »

YAY!!!!

I'm so excited about this! I was worried that the number five would be a little bit daunting  Grin OFF TO PM!

WOOHOO!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Meatwad: I'm satan's onion... or scallion, something like that.

Frylock: I think you mean minion.

Meatwad: oh yeah, that's right.
Lyla
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2005 11:14:12 PM »

Those shawls are gorgeous. I can only DREAM about making something so elegant looking.

Very nice.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Buzy Bee Activity Chart
Craft Challenge #103 Announced - Foodie Frenzy 2
How to Make Tshirt Rugs

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...