A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,126
Currently Running With Scissors:
478 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Vintage Fashion Doll Outfits For Spring  (Read 3629 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dyabolica

Gaze into my eyes and submit to my puppy dominion!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: May 19, 2004 12:18:22 PM »

this is my newest ebay doll, shes from 1957, she came with some clothes but they were very faded and poorly made, so I decided she was in desperate need of a makeover. Yes I'm 37 and I still play with dolls! I bought her because of her face, she resembles a madame alexander cissy doll that I'd trade a pinky toe for I swear I would! I learned how to sew as a child making doll clothes. I made them from a vintage pattern for 18 inch fashion dolls..Fashion dolls were hugely popula in the 50's. The black and white outfit would be for running errands etc. and the aqua would be for like a spring tea or maybe a bridal shower. I made her white lawn petticoats and matching bustier as well, but being shes a lady she can't show them in such a public forum..
http://img25.photobucket.com/albums/v75/dyabolica/elfwoodpics_001.jpg
http://img25.photobucket.com/albums/v75/dyabolica/elfwoodpics_017.jpg
http://img25.photobucket.com/albums/v75/dyabolica/genie2.bmp
http://img25.photobucket.com/albums/v75/dyabolica/genie1.bmp
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011 05:09:01 AM by Troublet - Reason: edited broken picture links » THIS ROCKS   Logged

R.I.P Jon 7.15.07 I will never get over losing you!
End the war in Iraq, we have lost enough our
Fathers, Mothers, Sons and Daughters! I won't be on Craftster for a while, I am just not feeling creative.
SHELLYK.

I Love Great Danes!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2004 12:50:29 PM »

I have a doll that I bought at a Flea Market that looks ALOT like yours.  I don't THINK  it's Madame Alexander, but I'll check.  I would love to have a copy of your cloths patterns for this doll.  Would that be possible?  The pics are great...the clothes too.  Very vintage.  Great Job.  By the way, I'm in my 30's too and I love old dolls like this.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
waterbaby
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2004 01:11:51 PM »

Oh, man, dyabolica, you have done a fantastic job with those clothes---count me among the impressed who I'm sure will be posting to praise you.  And with that tied-back hair she looks particularly I Love Lucy in the pants outfit!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Goddess
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2004 01:17:35 PM »

that little turquoise number is so freakin cute! Kiss what a darling job you've done
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dyabolica

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2004 01:19:42 PM »

shes not a madame alexander, shes I believe from the eugene doll company, but her face is very cissy like. . I actually have two different fashion doll patterns, one was like a mail order company and the others an original vintage simplicity pattern. The black and white outfit and the aqua outfit are from a pattern copy I bought from http://stores.ebay.com/Best-Vintage-Doll-Patterns_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQdptZ1QQsclZallQQsotimedisplayZ2QQtZkm
her prices are very reasonable, I actually prefer them over the tissue patterns. The hats are my original design.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Fathers, Mothers, Sons and Daughters! I won't be on Craftster for a while, I am just not feeling creative.
dyabolica

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2004 01:23:04 PM »

I have a doll that I bought at a Flea Market that looks ALOT like yours.  I don't THINK  it's Madame Alexander, but I'll check.  I would love to have a copy of your cloths patterns for this doll.  Would that be possible?  The pics are great...the clothes too.  Very vintage.  Great Job.  By the way, I'm in my 30's too and I love old dolls like this.
I posted a link where you could buy a pattern, I'd make copies but I dont have a printer that prints wide enough to fit them the right size.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nursesarah79
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2004 09:45:12 AM »

Great job. Very fifties! I love retro! Grin
 My mom and I found a Ms. Revlon doll in my grandma's stuff after she passed away. Poor thing was naked! Shocked WE cleaned her up and i went on ebay and bought a pattern for her some clothes. I also bought another Revlon doll off ebay too. She was naked too and she also needed a bath.  I cleaned her and fixed her hair and made her a floor length sexy red tight fitting dress .Very Marilyn Monroe! I also made her a leopard print fur coat with a matching headband. She is one hot momma now. Tongue It was so fun.
 As for my g-ma's doll, my mom made her a classic fifties dress and some panties and a bra.  Now our dolls are so pretty.  We ordered them some shoe from a website that makes reproductive accessories for doll and they even got some new hose and a purse.  
After all that we made some clothes for other naked baby dolls that my mom had. So now all the babies have clothes and are very happy. Wink

My step-dad and my husband made so much fun at us for being grown and playing with doll but we did not care. Angry - it was so much fun and i learned alot about sewing while making the doll clothes and it is a great way to use up your scraps from bigger projects!
Keep playing with your dolls- they keep us young... Cheesy 
« Last Edit: July 17, 2004 10:04:54 AM by nursesarah79 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
freisss
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2004 02:42:51 PM »

My mom and I found a Ms. Revlon doll in my grandma's stuff after she passed away. Poor thing was naked! Shocked WE cleaned her up and i went on ebay and bought a pattern for her some clothes. I also bought another Revlon doll off ebay too. She was naked too and she also needed a bath.  I cleaned her and fixed her hair and made her a floor length sexy red tight fitting dress .Very Marilyn Monroe! I also made her a leopard print fur coat with a matching headband. She is one hot momma now. Tongue It was so fun.
 As for my g-ma's doll, my mom made her a classic fifties dress and some panties and a bra.  Now our dolls are so pretty.  We ordered them some shoe from a website that makes reproductive accessories for doll and they even got some new hose and a purse.  
After all that we made some clothes for other naked baby dolls that my mom had. So now all the babies have clothes and are very happy. Wink

Wooooo!!   I would love to see pictures! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use Key Object Alignment in Illustrator CS4
How to Use Multiple Artboards in Illustrator CS4
How to Use the Separations Preview Panel in Illustrator CS4
How to Work With Gradients in Illustrator CS4
How to Use Live Preflight in InDesign CS4
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...