A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 299,158
Currently Running With Scissors:
612 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 41
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: ONGOING WISH SWAP ROUND THREE- CLOSED  (Read 30817 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

purplefluffycow
« Reply #220 on: November 17, 2005 03:11:20 AM »

Here's my list:

I live in the UK.

1 - A reconstructed shirt.  Preferably a sleeveless top with thin straps.  I like my tops to be embellished with glitter and lace, but anything would be great. (for colours see below & for size send a pm)  Some examples of styles that I like:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=55463.0
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=59496.0
Or you could send me a funky t-shirt that I could try modifying myself.

2 - A stuffed toy (something cute, I like cows but any animal will be fine)

3 - Some jewellery making supplies e.g.  glass/wood/metal beads, metal/plastic charms, some chain/leather & suede cord (or the man made alternatives).  Really anything you have spare that I could use to make jewellery with.

4 - Random craft crap.  Things like fabric, sheets of foam, felt  (not really too interested in paper or card though.)

5 - I'm not sure what else to ask for.   Something snuggly perhaps.  I decorated hooded jumper (with or without a zip up the front) preferably with a pocket(s) somewhere.

6 - And if you are still struggling just send me a lovely suprise.  Something that you are good at and really enjoy making  =)  Or as a last resort, If you are from a different country send me some sugary goodness (something that I can't get in england).  Anything would be great, although not keen on anything bubblegum/peanut flavoured.  I especially like those smarties from Canada, and things similar. 

I like pink, purple, black, red (esp. black combined with red or very bright pinks), stars, polka-dots, cows, stripes.  If I think of anything else I'll add it later  =)

Thank you in advance to the lovely person who picks me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PurpleHeather
« Reply #221 on: November 17, 2005 03:18:15 AM »

Oh fluff it! I claim PurpleFluffyCow and I'll send you random crafty things.  If I end up with a pile too big I can always bring it round to you Wink

This is my first pick in this round.

I'm In the UK, and this is my list:

1.  Handspun yarn I can dream, eh!
2.  Funky bracelets & jewellery
3.  Funky fabric with 1 or 2 m of fabric I can make cute skirts or corsets I love the pin up fabric, things like flamingos, ladybirds, etc.  Anything cute but not overly girly! Thanks greengirlak - you rock!
4.  Reconned t-shirts or t-shirt dresses I love stuff that is vaguely emo-punky while still being girly.
5.  Cool yarns, I like variegated, slubby, eyelash, etc.
6.  A bag, i.e. a jordy I need it to be quite large, with an internal pocket or two, as I lump my phone, large purse, 3 sets of keys, paper junk, Doris (the TomTom Sat Nav), and a crochet project around in this Id be grateful if this gets chosen that the person picking could PM me for a size guide.
7.  A cute thing for my 1 year 3 month old niece, Chlo for Christmas.  Shes a very happy girly girl, into things pink & noisy.  (For the Aaaw cute factor, this is her: http://www.flickr.com/photos/heatherramsden/39301887/in/set-633237/).  I can get measurements if needed - she's a little small for her age.
8.  Something to do with Jeanette Winterson, Panic! At The Disco, Funeral For A Friend, Alice in Wonderland, Firefly.
9. Props for my LARP character.  She's a half fairy half pirate, navigator - things to do with compasses, telescopes, and jewellery with a sparkly 18th century feel!
10.  Surprises anything youve made that you can do well would rock my (crazy striped toe) socks!

I'm quite a girly girl, though I don't really do the whole make up thing.  My colours are purples and blues, or pinks, or rainbow!  I love stripes and stars.  Music wise I mainly listen to emo or folk music, with 'Panic! At The Disco' as my current ultimate favourite band, closely followed by Funeral for a Friend, Eliza Carthy & the Oysterband.  I love Alice In Wonderland, all the books by Jeanette Winterson, rabbits and monkeys, specifically Lemurs!  I love Serenity & Firefly, with my favourite character being Kaylee.  Craftwise, I'm a bit of a jack of all trades - I dabble in clothes making, crochet, lacemaking, papercrafts, and other stuff.  I spend a lot of my spare time doing Live Action Role Play (LARP - I play a teleporting half-fairy, half-pirate and a tribal healer in Shards (www.shardslrp.com)).  I love pin up style art.  Hrm - PM me if you want to know any more about my likes, interests, style, measurements etc!

Thanks to whoever picks me!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2005 10:19:37 AM by PurpleHeather » THIS ROCKS   Logged

purplefluffycow
« Reply #222 on: November 17, 2005 03:21:52 AM »

Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

greengirlak
« Reply #223 on: November 17, 2005 08:40:25 AM »

I claim PurpleHeather and I'll send you funky fabric. 

I'm in Seattle, Washington, USA.  This is my first wish.

Here's my list:

1. roll up knitting needle case (Im jealous of all the ones I keep seeing)

2. knitted wrist warmers/fingerless gloves (cuz its SO FREAKING cold in my office but I need to be able to type).  Cables would be FAB.

3. 2 xmas stockingssomething cool for me and my husband.  I always think about making some for us, but Im too busy making xmas presents.  No angels. Nothing grandma would like.  They dont even have to be green and red. (I'm Heather and my husband is Joe)  (Note that if you wanted to REALLY make my day, youd make 2 additional smallish stockings for my dogs, Tristan and Roxanne.)

4. cool 1 pins Thanks Sweetie Pie Press!!! I can't wait!!!

5. Cluster necklace.  I would love the kind that has a cluster of different kinds and colors of beads all at different lengths.  Not too long. Silver, not gold. like thishttp://www.artschooldropout.net/zen/images/necklace142_01.jpg  or this http://www.artschooldropout.net/zen/images/necklace147_01.jpg or this http://www.jewellery-depo.com/images/products2/137.jpg

Im 27, outdoorsy, and I love dark and/or muted colors (blues, greens, and browns are my favorites) and also pink (whats that about? I dont know).  Have a thing for chickens, also love dogs (but not little yippy ones).  I have a professional job, but I like to wear my little one-inch buttons on my dress shirts in the spirit of subversive-ity (not a word).  I write fiction and knit and sew and collage and make cards and bake but dont make time to craft for myself very often.  I study aikido and can kick your ass (maybe).  Please no skulls or angelsYES to birds (especially chickens), cupcakes, stars, typewriters, ice cream, and glee.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2005 09:05:24 AM by greengirlak » THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweetie pie press
« Reply #224 on: November 17, 2005 09:22:52 AM »

i've got the 1" buttons!

my list in a moment...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

greengirlak
« Reply #225 on: November 17, 2005 09:25:28 AM »

YAY!  Thanks Sweetie Pie!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweetie pie press
« Reply #226 on: November 17, 2005 09:39:48 AM »

this is my first pick and here is my list...

(i am in toronto, canada)

from my unconditional wish list (that has yet to be fulfilled)...

1) a tote bag/messenger bag in some kind of bright colours - polka dots and stripes are always in good taste, too. i am just getting my button business going and have started to feel self-conscious walking into stores with ratty cloth shopping bags full of buttons. ohhh, if there was a little pocket or two that could hold business cards built right in that would be amazing. this last accent just occured to me now and is not necessary. but it should be an over-the-shoulder type bag.

2) a hipslinger or an apron for doing craft fairs, community events and such. again, polks dots are encouraged but i also like gingham, browns, black, stripes, leafy prints, embroidery...lots of stuff!

3) a rib-knitted wool toque (or winter cap, what are these called outside of canada?). grey, black, brown, pink...as long as it keeps my head warm i will be happy.

and some more from my old ongoing wish list...

4) a knitting/crochet supply tote. i love the ones with pouches inside and places to store needles and hooks - it doesn't have to have these, though, just something that i can carry my crochet projects around in. it doesn't have to be anything fancy.

5) silkscreened felt patches. i am more into artwork than words/anarchist slogans.

6) rubber duckies! even one rubber ducky. i have an insane collection of rubber ducks and could always use more, especially small and/or colourful ones, i don't have a lot of those yet. i'm also interested to see if there are rubber ducks in other parts of the world that i can't get here in canada. now, i have some weird obsessive rules about my collection - they can't be anthropomorphic (made to look like people) and they can't be wearing clothes (like firman outfits, or jaunty sailor caps). these are just my crazy rules.

7) a sewn wallet that could hold bills and cards. or with a coin pocket, if you feel ambitious. maybe some kind of retro or cowboy fabric or something. i don't know. i have duct tape wallet at the moment that a friend made but those only last so long.

Cool some mexicana or virgin mary/sacred heart iconography. the 'miracle madonna' statuette (aka changes colour like a hypercolour shirt) that my mother brought me back from the vatican lost its head yesterday in its greatest miracle yet. you know something's wrong when your saints are decapitating themselves. so i probably need some kind of good hoodoo thingamajig to even out the chi of my little shrine (note the combination of as many religious/spiritual beliefs as possible).

9) a watch on a knit/crochet arm band. if you have an old even crappy watch face that you feel like knitting into something, my watch just died a few days ago and i think this would be a cool way to replace it.

thnaks to anyone who wants to craft for me!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2005 09:44:08 AM by sweetie pie press » THIS ROCKS   Logged

ithnkuno
« Reply #227 on: November 17, 2005 09:42:22 AM »

I've got the tote bag for sweetie pie!
this is my second pick, I'm in VA

1. Something lovely crocheted or knitted, I like all colors but mustard yellow, yuck.
Surprise me.
{I don't really wear hats and I doubt I'd wear leg or arm warmers, but I would love, love, love, a shrug or shawl,that would be divine.}We especially need a cool hat or something warm for the cold weather for my silly 2 year old boy. He needs something funky, maybe a black or red hat.  (oh and he's a big boy)
3. I need precut quilt squares for a project I'm doing with my fifth graders. I don't care what it looks like, or even the size at this point. If you have fabric you never use and could cut up like 3inch squares, or have left overs, I need them pretty pretty please
4. vintage kimono silk and vintage fabric. The larger the pieces the better
5. Great aprons for my art room, I teach elementary  art and wear fun aprons daily. I need full coverage.
Something fun and funky, or something to wear with any outfit.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2005 09:47:26 AM by ithnkuno » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.monkeyandme.etsy.com
http://www.myspace.com/ithnkuno
"every child is born an artist, the challenge is how to remain an artist when they grow up." picasso
lasandri
originator of the term "crackster", as in craftster is like crack.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #228 on: November 17, 2005 09:49:39 AM »

ithnkuno, i claim your three inch squares... i have some fabric that i don't think i'll ever use Smiley does the fabric matter?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hertrigger
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Vacation

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #229 on: November 17, 2005 10:21:26 AM »

ok guys, i know that sometimes, its really hard to find someone to make stuff for.. so im organizing a "stuff i can make ongoing swap"

its just like this one, but you put down stuff that you can make, then the next person will say "i want so and so to make me this"

if your interested, preapprovals are starting now!

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=63700.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-- thepromoshop.etsy.com

I am out of state for the month of August. All packages will be sent when I get back home!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 41 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Creativity in the Kitchen: How to Make Pancake Characters
3 Meals That Will Bring You Luck in the New Year
Double Popper Grilled Cheese Sandwich Recipe
What to Do with the Holiday Leftovers?
Ham and Mushroom Pasta Bake Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...