A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 298,760
Currently Running With Scissors:
329 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 77
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Anthropologie-inspired capelet- By julsey723  (Read 151183 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sbw179
« Reply #400 on: March 22, 2006 11:12:40 AM »

I finished mine a couple of weeks ago but couldn't figure out how to post pictures. Now that I've figured it out here they are. This is the first full-size person garment I've made (up until now I've been teaching myself how to knit by making baby garments for all my friends who keep gettting pregnant). I feel pretty proud. Thanks to all who helped explain how to do a purl YO. I also made a little flower to go in my hair when I wear this.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
aschnebly
I'm AliceKathryn on Ravelry :)

Yarnaholic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #401 on: March 22, 2006 11:36:38 AM »

That one looks great!  This pattern really is so adjustible.  I made one for myself before I made the one for my daughter.  I had to make it bigger than the original, and I made the sleeves a little longer, and the body a little longer, but I didn't do any special shaping to it, though, but next time I will definetly try that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kookoosp

20 yrs of schoolin & they put ya on the day shift

View Profile WWW
« Reply #402 on: March 22, 2006 03:30:37 PM »

a question for those who've modified their caplets......i like the ones that have been made a bit larger - that come close around the front (almost close enough you can add q row of buttons).  i don't want to add more than one button (at the top), but i think i prefer more boob coverage.  i'm definitely not busty.....so it probably doesn't need too much adjustment.

oh yeah, so my question is: What did you modify in Julsey's pattern?  How many stitches did you add in which rows and how did you add them (what type of stitch did you do to add them?)

I guess that was more than just "a" question.

thanks in advance!

oh.  another question.  just realized that my size 11 needles are straights and that will be a pain to knit this project on.  can i use  size 10 circs with my lamb's pride bulky?  or do you think i should go and buy size 11 circs?

The only mods I did was to add a few rows on the sleeves and at the bottom.  My Lamb's Pride one came out a little too short, but I only had 1.5 skeins... 

On the second one I decided to make the sleeves even a few more rows longer, and instead of the garter stitching, I chose to do seed stitch on the sleeve.  Again, I was running low on yarn, so I did only two rows of garter stitch at the bottom, after adding rows, and it still came out nicely. 

Hope that helps.  Smiley  Good luck.

As for the needles, I would do a gauge swatch (as someone nicely suggested to me earlier in the thread) and see how it turns out.  You might have to add rows or cast on more stitches to come out to the same measurements.  Do a 4inx4in swatch and count how many rows/stiches you have, then *someone* can help you figure it out.  I'm not really good at that, but many of the girls are here.  Right lois?   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kookoosp

20 yrs of schoolin & they put ya on the day shift

View Profile WWW
« Reply #403 on: March 22, 2006 03:33:49 PM »

Aschenby, how many stitches did you start out with for the baby one?  It would be a good gift... 

Sbw, my friends keep getting pregnant, too!   Embarrassed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

aschnebly
I'm AliceKathryn on Ravelry :)

Yarnaholic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #404 on: March 22, 2006 03:38:47 PM »

I used size 10s and cost on 39 I believe and did 11 sets of increases.  Super easy, and she'll be able to wear it for a long time!  I'm not quite sure what newborn's measurements would be anymore... but I am sure that one would knit up super fast!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sbw179
« Reply #405 on: March 22, 2006 06:41:25 PM »

Sbw, my friends keep getting pregnant, too!   Embarrassed

It seems everytime I talk to a friend she says "oh ya and by the way, I'm pregnant" I don't know if it's my age or something in the water?  good thing I learned how to knit... Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
loisgriffinwannabe
The knitter formerly known as Cutieknittahfairy...

Happy!

View Profile
« Reply #406 on: March 22, 2006 10:06:24 PM »

sbw179! That is adorable!! I love the hair pin! You look stunning! Grin!

Emms
THIS ROCKS   Logged

aijay
« Reply #407 on: March 23, 2006 11:00:20 AM »

I've finished one also -- I really love this pattern.  It turned out a little small, so instead of a pin I crocheted a couple of chains and attached them so I could tie it at the top.  I made another, a little bigger, for my pregnant sister too (pregnancy being the theme here lately!).  I used the two colors for mine because I was busting my stash and didn't have enough of either color to do it solid, so the ribbing is all green and the stockingette is all blue.  it's the peruvian wool that elann.com carries.  

« Last Edit: March 10, 2010 02:20:27 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

elijor
« Reply #408 on: March 23, 2006 11:41:07 AM »

aijay - love the two color rendition - and what a way to stash bust.

sbw179 - very cute and I love the flower - did you make up the pattern? Can you post pattern or a link, please?

Everyone else - lots of talk about the new small/baby size version (aschnebly - that is certainly adorable!) and all the pregnant friends. I'd like to remind you that everyone will be getting the baby something but since this is such a fast and possible inexpensive knit why not brighten the expectant mom's day with something unexpected. It looks fantastic on sammilyn9(great job) and is something that will actually fit now and after the baby arrives.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
aijay
« Reply #409 on: March 23, 2006 12:19:09 PM »

I really like that flower as well, sbw179.  it would make a great pin, from a little stash yarn, to pin the capelet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 77 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use New Media - ScreenFlow
How to Create a Shining Orb - Pixelmator
How to Create a False HDR Image - Photoshop
How to Use Smart Filters - Photoshop
How to Make It Snow - Adobe After Effects Part 1/2
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...