A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,074
Currently Running With Scissors:
705 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 77
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Anthropologie-inspired capelet- By julsey723  (Read 148330 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Necia
« Reply #320 on: March 02, 2006 07:11:11 AM »

6 for the sleeves (front & back), 11 for the back.

She tells you to divide the co # by 6 to get the # of stitches for the sleeves (again front & back of each sleeve).  Times the co # by 2 for the amount of stitches needed for the back.  You may have to do a stitch adjustment to make the #'s work, which is what I did for ya.

HTH
Necia
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lexer
If we're all thinking outside the box, doesn't that just put us in a bigger box?

I <3 the smell of a glue gun early in the morning

View Profile WWW
« Reply #321 on: March 02, 2006 12:15:03 PM »

Thanks so much for your help!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ijsblokje
is superbacana

gypsy punk

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: March 02, 2006 10:42:40 PM »

haha.. I couldn't stand seeing all these pretty little capelets.. so I said fuck it! I'm buying yarn!  It should be a fast knit, so I don't feel too bad about having a million projects going at once..

Today I bought two skeins of Lamb's Pride bulky in "onyx" aka black.  I'm trying to get gauge right now.  I'm so excited to finally start on this thing!  Grin

Oh, and has anyone used smaller needles for the ribbing?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2006 10:45:16 PM by ijsblokje » THIS ROCKS   Logged

kookoosp

20 yrs of schoolin & they put ya on the day shift

View Profile WWW
« Reply #323 on: March 03, 2006 07:35:31 AM »

I almost bought the onyx on the second-go-around!  Smiley  It should be nice!

As for the ribbing, I wouldn't do smaller needles, as it is just for show, not for function.  Just a thought. 

I think it would look weird if you used the smaller needles. 

Can't wait to see how yours turns out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mllejessy
« Reply #324 on: March 03, 2006 11:52:24 AM »

Sooooo,
I'm thinking about trying to adapt this pattern into a normal sweater length pullover.  Has anyone tried that, or should I just look for other cute top-down raglan pullover patterns?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

loisgriffinwannabe
The knitter formerly known as Cutieknittahfairy...

Happy!

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: March 03, 2006 01:42:03 PM »

Sooooo,
I'm thinking about trying to adapt this pattern into a normal sweater length pullover.  Has anyone tried that, or should I just look for other cute top-down raglan pullover patterns?

I did!

Also Auntie Amanda (AWynkoop) made hers into a pullover, I think... here is the link to her blog, its a few posts back!

http://auntieamandaknits.blogspot.com/

Emms
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ijsblokje
is superbacana

gypsy punk

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: March 03, 2006 02:27:55 PM »

As for the ribbing, I wouldn't do smaller needles, as it is just for show, not for function.  Just a thought. 

Well, damn.  I haven't knitted much of it yet, so it wouldn't be too big of a deal to frog.  I just tried it on around my neck and it fits, but if I were to do it the way most people have, with a brooch in front, it might be a bit snug.  I used US10s then switched to US11s.  I could always do the rib with 10.5 just so it's ribby, but not too ribby.  Thank goodness that I have a small neck.

Just wanted to say that whenever I get this thing finished it will DEFINITELY need a bath.  Last night my hands looked like I had rubbed them all over some newspaper.. and the mohair in the yarn was flying everywhere and making me itch like crazy.  I should have taken some allergy medicine yesterday.. haha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kookoosp

20 yrs of schoolin & they put ya on the day shift

View Profile WWW
« Reply #327 on: March 03, 2006 02:37:43 PM »

Well, damn.  I haven't knitted much of it yet, so it wouldn't be too big of a deal to frog.  I just tried it on around my neck and it fits, but if I were to do it the way most people have, with a brooch in front, it might be a bit snug.  I used US10s then switched to US11s.  I could always do the rib with 10.5 just so it's ribby, but not too ribby.  Thank goodness that I have a small neck.

Just wanted to say that whenever I get this thing finished it will DEFINITELY need a bath.  Last night my hands looked like I had rubbed them all over some newspaper.. and the mohair in the yarn was flying everywhere and making me itch like crazy.  I should have taken some allergy medicine yesterday.. haha

Yep, if you're not too upset about frogging, I would go ahead and start knitting it with the 11's.  Good luck!  Can't wait to see it in onyx.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AWynkoop
« Reply #328 on: March 03, 2006 02:59:32 PM »

Look at you Emms...pimpin' my blog Wink Actually mine is not knit in the round, although I did make mine a bit longer.
In my opinion you might want to find another top down raglan pattern, because I cannot close mine (I planned to put buttons down the front). You probably could do the gauge math and add stitches to make it fit, but one you have made 1 top down raglan you have the skills to make another.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would like to swap my knits (or amigurumi stuffies) for your handmade journal...pm me!

The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.~Winston Churchill
Quincy134
« Reply #329 on: March 03, 2006 03:29:17 PM »

Lasandri did a longer version too.  There is a picture in her FO gallery on her blog. 
http://www.sandrisuperstar.com/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 77 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Mara Hoffman 2013 At Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Swim, Miami Beach
Aqua Di Lara 2013 At Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Swim, Miami Beach
Caffe 2013 At Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Swim, Miami Beach
Kooey 2013 At Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Swim, Miami Beach
Nicolita 2013 At Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Swim, Miami Beach
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...