A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,122
Currently Running With Scissors:
628 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 77
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Anthropologie-inspired capelet- By julsey723  (Read 148457 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

AWynkoop
« Reply #270 on: February 20, 2006 08:24:44 AM »

I should be knitting on my olympic project, but this just called out to me "you must knit me, you NEED me! NOW!" This was knit within a 24 hours, so it really didn't cut into the olympics too much. I love this pattern and the resulting minisweater!
all the yarn info and mods are on my blog! Thanks for such a great quick knit!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would like to swap my knits (or amigurumi stuffies) for your handmade journal...pm me!

The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.~Winston Churchill
Ericab
~Erica B.~

D.I.Y with Style!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #271 on: February 20, 2006 10:49:12 AM »

Cheesy   Cheesy   Hooray!  I finished mine!   Cheesy   Cheesy
I finished it, and it actually FITS!  Once I find a good brooch for it, I will post pics of me wearing it! 
For now, here's my Brown-Sheep Lamb's-Pride Bulky 1.5 skeins, turned into Antrhopologie-Inspired Winter Capelet:

Oh happy day!  I love it!  Thanks for the awesome tute and the even more awesome knit-along!  I'm seriously considering doing this in Noro Transitions next!  You haven't seen the last of the kookoo!   Grin

Very cute... I just love that yarn!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2006 05:13:23 PM by kategirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged
loisgriffinwannabe
The knitter formerly known as Cutieknittahfairy...

Happy!

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: February 20, 2006 11:11:21 AM »

I should be knitting on my olympic project, but this just called out to me "you must knit me, you NEED me! NOW!" This was knit within a 24 hours, so it really didn't cut into the olympics too much. I love this pattern and the resulting minisweater!
all the yarn info and mods are on my blog! Thanks for such a great quick knit!

I love it!!!! That is so super cute Amanda!!!! I am getting totally distracted from my KO project too... by my Clapotis... sigh.  Undecided

Emms  Kiss
« Last Edit: February 20, 2006 11:12:55 AM by loisgriffinwannabe » THIS ROCKS   Logged

sbw179
« Reply #273 on: February 20, 2006 07:03:30 PM »

Hi:

I'm a pretty new knitter and started on this project... realized I was doing something wrong along the way, pulled it apart. Before I start again,would someone mind letting me know if a 'yo' simply means:
A) bringing the yarn to the back (because I was purling) OR
B) bringing the yarn to the back and then doing a purl stitch (and both of those steps count as 'yo')? Doing it this way would mean that I would not have a part of the yarn crossing over my stitch marker... (i.e. For doing yo using the B  (I think this is the right way) row 3: purl until stitch marker, bring the yarn to the back do another purl before slipping stitch marker over, do another purl bring yarn to back and purl) or Option A: purl until stich marker, bring yarn to back, move stich maker over, purl, bring yarn to back, and keep on purling

ag! my head hurts! Does this question make sense??

Thanks in advance!

Sarah

THIS ROCKS   Logged
loisgriffinwannabe
The knitter formerly known as Cutieknittahfairy...

Happy!

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: February 20, 2006 08:08:17 PM »

Option A: purl until stich marker, bring yarn to back, move stich maker over, purl, bring yarn to back, and keep on purling.

that's the correct one, and my head hurt too when I tried to decipher YO's. This thread helped me out: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=58503.0

and this one, under the header Tricky stuff:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=26554.msg224202#msg224202
And this animated gif:http://www.dnt-inc.com/barhtmls/knit/YOF.html

emms
« Last Edit: February 20, 2006 08:12:50 PM by loisgriffinwannabe » THIS ROCKS   Logged

sprung
« Reply #275 on: February 20, 2006 10:24:28 PM »

To me, and YO is simply:
- bringing the yarn to the front before making a knit stitch OR
- bringing the yarn to the back before making a purl stitch

If you're supposed to do a YO before a knit and a purl stitch (or a purl and a knit stitch), well...I dunno.  I don't think that should happen.  Maybe I'm doing everything wrong anyway. ^_^

I didn't use placemarkers on this project because I knew they'd confuse me.  So I can't help with slipping the PM between YO because I've never used a placemarker before.  Heh heh.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sprung
« Reply #276 on: February 20, 2006 10:29:54 PM »

Oh, and another thing about this project...it helped me to remember that I would have ONE purl stitch in between to yarnovers.  I kept wanting to lump the yarnover and purl into one move, and it was confusing me.  So I had to say to myself,

purl purl purl purlpurl purl purl purrrrrlllllll
YARN OVER! just move the yarn to the back and that's it!
PURL ONCE!
YARN OVER!
Purl purl purl purl!  Remember to count that first purl when counting stitches!

I like to count as I knit to make sure that everything makes sense.  After the second YO, I kept forgetting to count the purl right after that and kept thinking that I was one stitch off.

Anyway...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sbw179
« Reply #277 on: February 21, 2006 05:59:00 AM »

[/quote]

that's the correct one, and my head hurt too when I tried to decipher YO's. This thread helped me out: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=58503.0

and this one, under the header Tricky stuff:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=26554.msg224202#msg224202
And this animated gif:http://www.dnt-inc.com/barhtmls/knit/YOF.html

emms
[/quote]

Thank you, thank you, thank you emms and sprung. A good night sleep and some clarity with what the heck a yo is I think will help this thing look a little more like the picture

Cheers,

sarah
THIS ROCKS   Logged
poetapuella
« Reply #278 on: February 21, 2006 12:29:36 PM »

Hi everyone! I've been lurking for quite a bit and all of the finished caplets look amazing! I'm joining a bit late but oh well, buying the yarn today so I'll post when its done =)

Edit- Bought my yarn (Lion Brand, "Jiffy" in San Diego -- really pretty pink, peach and white yarn) and I am now like, three hours from done! <3
« Last Edit: February 22, 2006 03:59:32 PM by poetapuella » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lynn
« Reply #279 on: February 22, 2006 07:58:14 AM »

i finished mine a couple days ago and have been waiting for it to warm up a little bit to wear it for pictures, BUT its still freezing here so the pictures are just on a hanger  Undecided

i messed up the increases on the back, and its really lumpy in general because i had to use big needles to get the right gauge.  i'm thinking about blocking it but i'll probably just end up wearing it as is.  its made on paton's classic wool, which was on sale at ac moore for 3.99$!  thanks again for such an easy/quick project!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 77 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Canon G10: Set Timer Function
Canon G10: Set Spot Meter Function
Canon G10: Set Shutter Priority (Tv) Function
Canon G10: Set Image Resolution Function
Canon G10: Set Image Quality Function
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...