A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 298,239
Currently Running With Scissors:
746 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 77
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Anthropologie-inspired capelet- By julsey723  (Read 150657 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

theresa24

You can never have enough yarn...

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: January 24, 2006 02:32:35 PM »

that looks great. I am going to have to try it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nixx
« Reply #181 on: January 24, 2006 08:23:01 PM »

so, i'm just about finished with my second one.  i'm up to the bottom ribbing and just wondering... maybe i should keep the garter border going throughout the ribbing.  good idea?  bad idea? Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ford, you're turning into a penguin.  Stop it.
--
www.uber-dork.net ; www.myspace.com/nikkirawr
Quincy134
« Reply #182 on: January 25, 2006 06:24:25 AM »

Did you put the garter in the ribbing at the neck too?  If it were me, I would want the neck and the bottom edges to match.  But, that part of the neck edge is going to be covered by a broach, so it may not matter. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

teruterubouzu
« Reply #183 on: January 25, 2006 09:33:46 AM »

Hi everybody. I just finished my capelet. It was a fantastic knit, really fast and simple.

It's adorable! I need to find some yarn so I can try this one again.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nixx
« Reply #184 on: January 25, 2006 12:16:05 PM »

yeah, i ended up continuing the garter rib anyway and i really like the way it came out.  thanks for the advice, though.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

--
rosecomet

Que papi chulo!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #185 on: January 26, 2006 12:01:19 PM »

So I just finished knitting this in a really cheap and crappy black acrylic wool.  It's the first garment I've ever knitted.  I bought some hand painted merino wool from Marta's Yarns, but I wanted to have a practice go on some cheap wool first.  It knitted up really easy and quickly (especially for someone who's only ever made scarves before).  Only took me 2 days!!  I will definitely knit my "good copy" asap.  Now all I need to do is find a brooch to use as a clasp.  Will post pictures tomorrow.

THANKS JULSEY723!!!!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Edit:

Yay for piccy's!!  Here they are.  Sorry about the ridiculous expression on my face.  The photographer/mum said she wasn't going to get my face in the photo.

Comments/criticism appreciated!  I thought it turned out pretty well for my first garment.  Now all I need to do is find a brooch and get on to knitting the other one on the non-crappy wool.

Anna  Wink

That looks really nice for the first time.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2006 06:46:11 PM by kategirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

lovely_gangster
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

the Novemberist

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #186 on: January 26, 2006 07:39:48 PM »

So I just finished knitting this in a really cheap and crappy black acrylic wool.  It's the first garment I've ever knitted.  I bought some hand painted merino wool from Marta's Yarns, but I wanted to have a practice go on some cheap wool first.  It knitted up really easy and quickly (especially for someone who's only ever made scarves before).  Only took me 2 days!!  I will definitely knit my "good copy" asap.  Now all I need to do is find a brooch to use as a clasp.  Will post pictures tomorrow.

THANKS JULSEY723!!!!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Edit:

Yay for piccy's!!  Here they are.  Sorry about the ridiculous expression on my face.  The photographer/mum said she wasn't going to get my face in the photo.

Comments/criticism appreciated!  I thought it turned out pretty well for my first garment.  Now all I need to do is find a brooch and get on to knitting the other one on the non-crappy wool.

Anna  Wink

That looks really nice for the first time.
  Aww thanks heaps!!  Smiley  Although please edit you post to remove pictures as they clog up the thread.  But thank you!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my blog (cooking, crafting and personal style)
---> http://the--novemberist.blogspot.com.au/ <---

Follow me on instagram: http://instagram.com/frauspatzi
My pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/thenovemberist/
dialectic material
« Reply #187 on: January 26, 2006 11:00:48 PM »

i haven't checked this topic in a while but everyone's work looks so beautiful.  i finished one for my mom in a nice sky blue wool for christmas but didn't get a chance to take any photos.  i'm worried that she doesn't like it because she has yet to mention wearing it -- very uncharacteristic of my mom -- and didn't write anything about it when i asked her in an email.   Sad    maybe she's just waiting for the perfect day!? Undecided 

a fast and easy knit, otherwise.  they've all turned out really cute.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ain't no power like the power of the people cuz the power of the people don't stop
anasophia
« Reply #188 on: January 27, 2006 05:02:43 PM »

So, I started knitting this thing at the beginning of January, had a few hangups, and finished it a few days ago.  I did pretty well considering it's my first knitted garment.  But when I went to try it on... it was just a little too small.  the neck has to be stretched to come together, and the arms were definitely too small.   I usually wear a medium in stores, so I figured it would work for me... but not quite. 

I unravelled it up to the place where the sleeves split off, and I'm trying to figure out if I maybe just didn't knit far enough for the sleeves?

I'm using Debbie Bliss Silk Alpaca bulky on size 11, so the gauge is really similar, I think.

I was also thinking about unravelling it all the way and adding a stitch to all 5 sections, which would mean I'd cast on 54 stitches... but then I remember reading something about how an uneven number of stitches is better?  I think mostly I just need the front and back to be a bit bigger, but I'm having conniptions trying to decide. 

Now that it's halfway unravelled the collar seems to fit around my neck perfectly  (aaaaaahhhh!!!!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nixx
« Reply #189 on: January 27, 2006 11:26:45 PM »

ana, i usually wear a small/medium but i had to cast on 17" worth of stitches for a comfortable fit.  maybe you should try that?  she suggests an odd number of stitches so that the k1p1 rib starts and ends in the same kind of stitch.

and as for the sleeves, measure around your arm and continue the yarn over increases until the sleeves match your measurement.

hope that helped. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

--
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 77 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Mashed Potato and Ham Casserole Recipe
Scarborough Fare Boneless Pork Chops Recipe
Barbecue Bean Bake Recipe
Brown Sugar Glazed Ham Recipe
Fritos Chili Pie Casserole Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
October 29, 2014 Featured Projects
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner
Tute Tuesday: Upcycled Car Trash Bag with Liner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...