A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,104
Currently Running With Scissors:
426 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 77
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Anthropologie-inspired capelet- By julsey723  (Read 146315 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

loisgriffinwannabe
The knitter formerly known as Cutieknittahfairy...

Happy!

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 26, 2005 12:09:40 AM »

yay julsey!!!

good on ya!!!

Emms  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kellann
« Reply #81 on: November 26, 2005 12:34:43 AM »

Well I just started mine tonight.  I forgot I had some really bulky yarn from a poncho project gone wrong.  I think I might have the neck opening a little small but we will see!!  I will have pictures up ASAP!

Kelly
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Get those needles movin' ladies and gents!"

www.kellannknits.bl ogspot.com
www.rosebagkal.blog spot.com
rachillsk8
« Reply #82 on: November 26, 2005 09:18:59 AM »

Thanks! The one I used is a JoAnn yarn from their Sensations Bellezza Collection called "Dolcetto" in pink. It was inexpensive and really soft and fluffy. I got 2 skeins for $8 and didn't even use them all up for this project.

OOH that stuff is great.  I made a cable knit hat out of it, and it's so warm and cozy.  That stuff is wonderful to knit with, too.   So soft.  I think I'll use that for this project.  I'm having surgery in December, so once the Christmas gift projects are done I'll need something to keep me from going crazy while I'm stuck laying around the house for a few weeks.  (Plus since I'm having breast reduction surgery to go from a DD to a B, I'll need cute new tops in styles like this that I currently can't wear!) 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

teruterubouzu
« Reply #83 on: November 27, 2005 08:26:52 AM »

I finally cast on for mine yesterday using some crazy mystery yarn I picked up from another knitter a couple months ago. It's such a quick project!. After just a couple hours or so I'm nearly ready to split the sleeves and body. Thanks so much for creating the pattern julsey!
« Last Edit: November 27, 2005 11:06:24 AM by teruterubouzu » THIS ROCKS   Logged

bronxie
I like yarn! Yarn, Yarn, yarn

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 27, 2005 01:36:16 PM »

Thanks to Emms I casted on today. Woot. Thanks again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
teruterubouzu
« Reply #85 on: November 27, 2005 03:50:18 PM »

ARGH! I think I'm going to run out of yarn. I see some ripping in my future.  Cry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nixx
« Reply #86 on: November 28, 2005 07:13:17 AM »

i just cast on a little while ago, and i'm about halfway through the neck ribbing.  i decided to give it a try in a smaller gauge, so wish me luck!  i'm really hoping to finish by later today. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ford, you're turning into a penguin.  Stop it.
--
www.uber-dork.net ; www.myspace.com/nikkirawr
magick8ball

Nothing but lies and pictures of also lies!

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 28, 2005 05:09:20 PM »

Here is my version in Softee Chunkee + vintage brown that just happened to match and knit to the same gauge.
I started on 11's, then switched to 10 1/2 circulars when things got too crowded. Luckily it didn't make much of a gauge difference.
When I cast off the first time, it was too short and horribly unflattering. Impatience gets me every time. So, I went back, made it a little longer, and added three sets of short rows to counteract the problems with the back length (first time- yay!) The first set went between the imaginary arm seams, the second 3 sts in towards the center, and the third 3 more sts in. I did two more green rows, and began the ribbing. I think my ribbing may be a bit longer, too.
Done in a weekend, and finished with a vintage pearl button.

And here it is in action Friday night!

BTW, I made that shot. Just, you know, for the record.
Awesome pattern! Thanks!
PS: It took just slightly more than one skein of yarn. Which, besides busting stash, rings up at well under $4.00 for 2 skeins of Sofffftee Chunkkeeee. I hate brand-name misspellings.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2005 05:16:22 PM by magick8ball » THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!
taloola
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Midwiffin' @ Mother By Nature Midwifery!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: November 28, 2005 11:52:07 PM »

all of your guys lil capelets are adorable!  maybe i will have to join you a bit later....working on my first sweater now! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sammbones
« Reply #89 on: November 29, 2005 12:38:14 PM »

Hi.
A while back I said I might do this if I could talk a friend into it too.  Well, she was a no go, but I did try this myself and it came out pretty cute.  I used Knitpicks  Wool Of the Andes (X2) in daffodil.  Its not nearly as cute as the ones on this KAL because it is a bit chunky, but I finished (hooray for me), which is rare and FULFILLING.  I would post pictures but I am not sure how; the photos my camera takes are too big (as in bytes or whatever) to upload (any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I am not at all computer savvy).  Oh and I did an increase on both ends every 4th row so it overlaps in the front.
Thanks to everyone for the inspiration to start and finish, and thanks to julsey723 for the pattern!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 77 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Paola Antonelli on Features of Designs
The Advantages of Print Cartoons Over Animation
The Cultural Importance of the New Yorker Cover Illustrations
The Benefits of Comic Books to Children
A Brief History of Comics
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...