A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 296,630
Currently Running With Scissors:
576 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 77
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Anthropologie-inspired capelet- By julsey723  (Read 147478 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rhiandmoi
« Reply #60 on: November 16, 2005 02:56:54 PM »

Well I ripped out mine, and decided to start over with a child's version. I was about 6 rows from the end but only had enough yarn for 2 rows. I was not going to buy more yarn for 4 rows. So I started one for my little niece. If I hurry she can have it in time for Christmas pictures. Since I moved last week I now actually have a LYS as opposed to just a Michaels so I think tomorrow afterwork I will stop by and get some nice yarn to make one for myself.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
smooshyknit
« Reply #61 on: November 17, 2005 08:51:42 AM »

I saw this pattern last week and decided to take a crack at it.  This is my first knitted garment.  (Everything else has been accessories and toys.)  I'm pleased with the outcome, although it is a tiny bit snug. 

The second picture isn't great, but it gives you an idea of how it fits:

Since I haven't knitted clothing before, I had no idea on how to make it my size, so I just used bigger needles.  It gives it a looser knit, which was fine considering the fluffy yarn I used.  Now that I know how the pattern works, I guess next time I can just add stitches until it matches my measurements.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Be the change you want to see in the world."
~~Gandhi
Blog:  http://peachtreeknitting.typepad.com/
Shop:  http://www.smooshy.etsy.com
Flickr:  http://www.flickr.com/photos/27019086@N00/
churchofdisco
« Reply #62 on: November 20, 2005 10:14:10 AM »

Thanks! The one I used is a JoAnn yarn from their Sensations Bellezza Collection called "Dolcetto" in pink. It was inexpensive and really soft and fluffy. I got 2 skeins for $8 and didn't even use them all up for this project.

that's the same yarn i picked up (only not in pink. i have a weird aversion to pink.) what size needles did you use? the pattern says 11's, but the yarn says 10's....i've never knitted anything before where guage really mattered, so i'm stumped about how the needle size and yarn size will affect the finished garment.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Baigneuse
« Reply #63 on: November 21, 2005 02:31:34 AM »

I'm pretty sure I used the size 11 needles that the pattern calls for. You can try swatching it out ahead of time to see if it will work for you and you can always switch needle sizes to find out what works.

What color did you pick? I was very tempted to do a lavender caplet.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2005 02:38:50 AM by Baigneuse » THIS ROCKS   Logged
churchofdisco
« Reply #64 on: November 21, 2005 05:43:30 PM »

i picked the white/cream color. i need it to wear over a black cocktail dress to a military ball, and i thought i shrug or something would be much more convenient than a wrap that i would have to keep readjusting.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
miyoko79

Sigh...it's too true.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #65 on: November 21, 2005 06:26:31 PM »

I love this post!  I started to knit one, but I'm just terrible at knitting, so I decided to crochet one instead:

Made of Lion Brand Homespun, double crocheted with a size P hook, and fastened with a brooch from Target's Dollar Spot.  My first crocheted garment!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"It turns out they do make hats in my size. They are called "BUCKETS" and they sell them at the hardware store."
knittnkitten
« Reply #66 on: November 21, 2005 06:57:51 PM »

Alright, I finally finished! Using some purple Reynold's Lopi on size 10 1/2's, and the same $1 pin from Target that Miyoko79 has! Ta da:

And a shot with the wine I was drinking when I finished it. Buzzed knitting? Why not?

Sadly, I think it's a little short... and it rides up alot in the back. I think I'll make another one in some lighter yarn.

Great pattern though, very easy!

Congratulate me... I've finished my first knit-a-long Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
churchofdisco
« Reply #67 on: November 21, 2005 08:54:50 PM »

mkay. i casted on a couple hours ago and have gotten to the point of the raglan increases and i am definately thinking i need to switch to a pair of circs. i have on set of 11's, i just need to get another set tomorrow. all the increases just make it too crowded on the straights i'm using which are only about 10" i think? it's definately looking like a quick easy knit though. i have knitting ADD when it comes to non-knitting in the round stuff, so this is perfect for me.

(side note: this my first knitted garment also, AND my first KAL. yippie!!!!!!!!  Grin)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dialectic material
« Reply #68 on: November 21, 2005 11:16:56 PM »

churchofdisco, you will definitly want to switch to a pair of circs.  i am almost down to the part you separate the sleeves from the body, and my circs are getting pretty crowded. (which makes sense when you think about it because what you're knitting has to make it all the way around your body.  for most people that is more than 10 inches.   Tongue Wink )  fortunately for me, i am using my denise interchangables so all i will need to do to extend is snap in a new piece.  (i love you denise!!)

also, i wanted to say how great everyone's capelets look.  way to come up with a crochet pattern miyoko79!  and smooshyknit, does yours have a brooch made out of matching yarn?

overally what a great first KAL!  how much fun to be in such good company!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ain't no power like the power of the people cuz the power of the people don't stop
churchofdisco
« Reply #69 on: November 22, 2005 04:15:50 AM »

churchofdisco, you will definitly want to switch to a pair of circs.  i am almost down to the part you separate the sleeves from the body, and my circs are getting pretty crowded. (which makes sense when you think about it because what you're knitting has to make it all the way around your body.  for most people that is more than 10 inches.   Tongue Wink

oh my yes. lol. even if i wasn't almost 7 mos. pregnant, 10 inches would still just not cut it.

i'm so excited about this pattern! i have noticed, when i start a project that i'm really into, i will dream about knitting that night....and if it's a difficult project, i always have dreams that my son or my husband or someone makes me drop stitches that i can never seem to pick back up. is that weird?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 77 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Using Autoflow for Automatic Documents
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Pre-Linking and Adjusting Text Frame Options
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Setting up Text Links Across Multiple Frames
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Creating a Layout and Duplicating Text Frames
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Adding Pages to the Document
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...