A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 306,355
Currently Running With Scissors:
367 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 77
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Anthropologie-inspired capelet- By julsey723  (Read 151697 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ejlown
I'm a momma on the brink

View Profile
« Reply #680 on: March 19, 2007 10:36:34 AM »

This pattern is by far my most used baby pattern. I made one for my little cousin out of one skein of LB Jiffy yarn (on sale for $1.44 at Hobby Lobby). I used the customized version from the lovely ongoing KAL thread. It knits up so nice and quick definitely an instant gratification knit.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://mommaonthebrink.blog.com/

Knitting, crocheting, jewelrymaking and everything in between
Marykz

did I say one project at a time?

View Profile
« Reply #681 on: March 19, 2007 11:08:31 AM »

these are looking great!!!  good job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Neuromancer
« Reply #682 on: March 27, 2007 05:17:09 AM »

I'm going to make another one of these soon.  I've got a little Rowan Polar left in the stash.  I do want to modify it a bit, maybe to make the front come a little closer together, so I'll be going back through this thread looking for ideas.  Dair, yours looks great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
soozeq
« Reply #683 on: March 27, 2007 06:34:34 AM »

To make the fronts a little wider, cast on a few more stitches, and allocate the extra ones to the front, rather than distribute them evenly around. Or you could also increase along the front edge, but that would make more of a V neck.

sue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sue
isisfae
New England Yarn Addict

i poke badgers with spoons!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #684 on: March 30, 2007 11:04:00 AM »

i just finished my second one... (didn't post pictures of the first, so don't go hunting for pics)

the first one i made was per pattern and it barely covered my ample chest and didn't fit my back right. so i made a second one using some modifications based on some measurements taken from me wearing the original.

click here to view pictures, modifications, and yarn type
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. ~Mark Twain
Oiyi

Napoleon Rules!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #685 on: April 06, 2007 12:18:02 AM »

The yarn is Berella Whistler. I made mine longer.

Oiyi's Crafts
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PrincessJazz
« Reply #686 on: April 08, 2007 09:17:45 PM »

I like the longer length... very nice.  I bet you'll get a lot of wear out of it!

Jazz
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thekatiest

I like to verb words. It weirds the language.

View Profile
« Reply #687 on: April 10, 2007 03:06:13 PM »

I finished this a few months ago, but just got around to taking a picture of it.  I used Bernat Solo (the acrylic is too HOT for summer!) and knitted it down to a full sized-sweater, with crocheted ties at the middle.  I think I should have started the ribbing at the bottom a little lower -- maybe I'll go back and fix it sometime.  maybe not.

I just cast-on last night with the exact same yarn! The color's "lichen," right?  This is beautiful all knit up.  I like the mods, too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mojo
« Reply #688 on: April 11, 2007 02:35:27 PM »

I'm sure this has been asked and answered but there's now 70 pages to this thread!

I want to make this in some Noro yarn I have in my stash... my swatch gives me 5 st/inch on size 9 needles.  So I should cast on 80 right (assuming 16 inch neckline)?  How do I make sure it's big enough in the bust?   

thanks!

I did cast on 79 (someone mentioned using an odd number) which seems to work.  When it's time to start the increases, what's the best way to divide my stitches?  I was thinking 12-10-35-10-12  Does that make sense???  Will that give me the right proportions?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007 05:24:36 PM by Mojo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

elijor
« Reply #689 on: April 12, 2007 06:45:11 AM »

I did cast on 79 (someone mentioned using an odd number) which seems to work.  When it's time to start the increases, what's the best way to divide my stitches?  I was thinking 12-10-35-10-12  Does that make sense???  Will that give me the right proportions?

I think you will have too many on the back if you do it that way. The pattern says to divide by 6 so you would have 13-13-26-13-14 (the odd one gets tacked on to the end).

The reason for the odd number is so the 1 stitch between the yarnovers lines up with the ribbing around the neckband - however in order for that to happen each section except the last needs to be an even number so you would have to go up or down an couple of stitches.

If you aren't opposed to stating over I would suggest casting on 81 then breaking it down to 14-12-28-12-15.

The PDF pattern explains it a little better.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 77 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
What to Do If Your Thanksgiving Turkey Is Undercooked
A Quick Fix If You Forget to Thaw Your Thanksgiving Turkey
The Best Bacon Comes From the Best Pigs
How to Throw a Holiday Party
How to Turn Your Thanksgiving Leftovers Into a Quesadilla
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...