A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,491
Currently Running With Scissors:
523 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 77
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Anthropologie-inspired capelet- By julsey723  (Read 149574 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

thesamanthafiles
« Reply #70 on: November 22, 2005 06:44:48 AM »

Yay, my first post on Craftster (been lurking a long time).  I have my company Holiday party next week, and had bought some DB Alpaca Silk in Celery.  I had planned to make a wrap with a pattern from Scarf Style, but wasn't excited about the whole 'falling off my shoulders constantly' aspect of the wrap.  I found this pattern, and knew it was perfect.

I started last night, and I think I'm halfway finished.  Yay!  I'm using 2 strands of the yarn and size 11 circular needles (I heart my Denise Interchangables too!).  I just need to find a clasp, might need to hit Target like a few of you have.

I can't wait for the work day to be over so I can knit some more.  Wonder if anyone would notice if I knit at my desk.  Sadly, I think so.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: November 22, 2005 07:12:35 AM by thesamanthafiles » THIS ROCKS   Logged
piratekittie
« Reply #71 on: November 22, 2005 10:57:39 AM »

Did anyone use Knitpicks Sierra? I only have one skein and I don't know if that's going to be enough since it's only 110 yards and I think the original used about 150 or so...I wear an XS so If igure I wouldn't need as much. But any ideas on yardage? Thanks

THIS ROCKS   Logged

HUGE Spring Cleaning Sale!!!!
Etsy: http://karenmaiko.etsy.com

I have a Blog!
 http://karenmaiko.blogspot.com
churchofdisco
« Reply #72 on: November 22, 2005 12:00:08 PM »

damnit! my stitch markers migrated over somehow and my yarn overs ended up not in line with the others, so i had to tink out a row. freaking false labor is messing with my concentration.

i'm liking my yarn a lot- joann's dolcetto- except that the white yarn is shedding all over my black t-shirt.  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pammyfive
« Reply #73 on: November 22, 2005 12:30:43 PM »

To more closely replicate the super bulky yarn on the anthropologie version, I am using Rowan Big Wool yarn on size 17 needles, CO 37 stitches. The first line of the raglan increase goes like this.

Row 1, RS: k2, p4, yo, pm, p1, yo, p5, yo, pm, p1, yo, p11, yo, pm, p1, yo, p5, yo, pm, p1, yo, p4, k2

I'll post pics of the finished product soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
churchofdisco
« Reply #74 on: November 22, 2005 12:41:03 PM »

i'm sure this is a completely idiotic question, but i just started knitting a month or so ago, so bare with me and don't make me feel too stupid-

on the raglan increases before you split the sleeves it says to end on a WS row. does that mean that the last row you knit before you split the sleeves is a WS? or is the last row you knit before moving on the RS row?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cacarae
« Reply #75 on: November 23, 2005 12:59:14 PM »

I just started this, and I've been working in regular stockinette (ie. yarn overs on the knit side) because my yarn overs on the purl side did not make eyelets.  Anyone know what I was doing wrong?  It's coming along really well and really quickly.  It's a really great pattern.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
graciepetunia
« Reply #76 on: November 23, 2005 06:11:00 PM »

Yes Church, Do a ws row (knit in this case) right before you start the split...and no it's not a stupid question at all! I've been there sister!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yarn Ho,will work for yarn!
loisgriffinwannabe
The knitter formerly known as Cutieknittahfairy...

Happy!

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 25, 2005 01:28:00 AM »

Hi y'all! I have finally started this, how funny is that since I am the one who started this KAL? Tongue yeesh.

Anyhow, I am using Cafe Au Lait Red Heart Light and Lofty (which is all I can afford right now) and 10mm needles.... and it is working up super fast... I can't believe how fast!  I will probably be able to post a FO tomorrw!

Emms

P.S. Julysey723 and everyone, I was thinking of putting together a pdf file of the pattern, I will send to Julsey for her okay before I post it! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

churchofdisco
« Reply #78 on: November 25, 2005 08:21:26 PM »

ulch. mine has come out WAYYYYY too small. Sad i think i'm going to have to buy new yarn and just start over.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
julsey723
How do I know about reality? I just play with sticks and string.

do you have jello?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #79 on: November 25, 2005 09:01:42 PM »

P.S. Julysey723 and everyone, I was thinking of putting together a pdf file of the pattern, I will send to Julsey for her okay before I post it! Cheesy

Emms - I did it...I figured out the file hosting thing!  The pattern's available for download on my blog - in the sidebar under the photo of said pattern!

Enjoy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

**PM me if you have a copy of Patons Street Smart for sale or swap**
preg_replace('/(.{49})/', '$1 ', '_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________')
blog: www.peonyknits.blogspot.com
shop: www.julsey723.etsy.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 77 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Work With a Soft Box
Photographing the Extraordinary within the Ordinary
Travel Photography Tips & Techniques
Storing Images
Painting With Movement - Photography Tips
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...