A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,023
Currently Running With Scissors:
485 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Vegan Cookie swap  (Read 715 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

CatyX
« on: November 08, 2005 09:25:49 AM »

I've seen a cookie swap and a thread about a holiday christmas swap and I was wondering if anybody would be interested in a vegan cookie swap or something like that?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
the head vampire
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2005 09:22:30 PM »

Oh that sounds lovely! I'm not doing the usual monthly cookie swap at http://www.livejournal.com/community/vgn_cookie_swap/ in November and I'm afraid that if I don't get vegan cookies delivered to my belly that I will implode. PM me if you want to swap with someone in California who makes mad delicious cookies and other baked goods. If anyone else is interested in a larger scale swap, speak up! I was thinking it would be fun to have a MASSIVE cookie selection like omnivores have. You know those trays you see at swanky holiday parties that have about 20 kinds of holiday cookies? I want that. So if anyone else gets the vegan-baking-like-crazy urge and wants to swap a few dozen cookies using different recipes, then PM me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Halloween is love
PinkMafia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Let your sparkle shine...

Recovering swap addict

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2005 10:23:51 PM »

I'm in the cookie swap. We can request to be partners. I make and prefer vegan treats.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crafty chica...burlesque preg_replace('/(.{19})/', '$1 ', 'performer....costume') maven.
Jane2
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2005 10:54:57 PM »

I don't mean to butt in - and I'm not much of a cook, so I'm not a candidate for the swap - but what is a "vegan" cookie?

Last time I checked most cookies were meatless, so do you mean eggless as well?
Anything else that's missing? Milk perhaps?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
la_petite_moi

NOMNOMNOM DING ZIP! :3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2005 11:06:36 PM »

Vegan means you don't use any animal products- no eggs, milk, etc.  Vegetarians just don't eat meat, but may drink milk or eat eggs.

I think making vegan cookies would be awesome!  Cheesy  I am not vegan myself (I tried awhile back, and I found myself freaking out), but I am vegetarian.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
grannystylee
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2005 11:29:15 AM »

I was thinking of this when we did the vegan craft swap!  Only then my package was delayed  (held hostage by the Post Office).  I'm a little nervous about sending parishables for that reason but have already daydreamed of the selection I would make.  I think a selection of 3 or more kinds but it should happen soon, before the holliday mail rush.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
die_on_a_rope
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2005 01:55:39 PM »

how well do cookies travel?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CatyX
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2005 11:22:30 PM »

Thanks for all the comments.

die_on_a_rope: Im not sure how well they travel but i think they should be ok, like I said there has been a cookie swap before and that seemed to go ok. Just have to make sure to pair everyone up with someone from their country.

If not a cookie swap what about a general food swap, that way we could send things that didn't go off or get stale quickly
THIS ROCKS   Logged
grannystylee
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2005 05:30:49 PM »

I have a book about sending homemade gifts and treats and it has some tips like using popcorn for packing-padding.  Sending them overnight would be great but maybe costly.  If we match people up not only by country but my region or state or as close as possible it might speed the shipping process.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
die_on_a_rope
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2005 06:50:21 PM »

my mom has one of those machines that take the air out of bags, im sure that would help alot but i dont know if it would make the cookie taste weird.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
DIY Cut Off Denim Shorts
Luxury Lounge-Wear for Less: Cozy Up in Style and on a Budget
ABC Family and Wet Seal Collaborate on Clothes
Style Sound-Off: Lea Michele, Naya Rivera, and Selena Gomez
Dress Chic and Demure Like Olivia Palmero
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes
Meatless Monday: No Meat Lasagna

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...