A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 302,583
Currently Running With Scissors:
450 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Snowball Cat Bed  (Read 11620 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Kymberlee

I craft, therefore I am

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2004 03:45:55 PM »

I've been dying to try this pattern out, but haven'T got around to doing it yet. Seeing some finished products has inspired me though! Great job guys!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
asuttles
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2005 12:04:05 PM »

I finished mine up late last month and am happy to report that one of my cats has completely taken it over. It's good because the other kitten couldn't give a rat's butt about the cat bed. This way they don't fight over it.

I'm going to be making another one for my mother-in-law (she has 6 cats!!! used to be a breeder) and I'm considering a couple of modifications. Has anyone tried any of this?

1) Thinking of getting some batting and stuffing the side then stitching it closed at the base so it maintains a firmer round shape.

2) Thinking of picking up and knitting from the base rather than doing a garter stitch strip and then attaching. Any thoughts?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
twilight
Craftista

Aren't we all lamas really...on the inside?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2005 04:18:00 PM »

I made a crocheted version and put foam in the rim. I recommend the foam because it helps to maintain the shape. My kitty loves to play in his bed and stretch and roll around in it so I'm glad I had something in there to reinforce the shape.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"It's just a ride."-Bill Hicks
My crafting blog: http://twilightkallisti.com/
Twitter: @TwilightChaos
rabideloise
Karina

rabideloise

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2005 07:08:07 PM »

I'm in the process of making this bed for my new kitten my boyfriend got for us...but here is my parents' kitty I raised in his non-knitted kitty bed...!!

he loves that piece of yarn!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love The Damned
christy_cooper
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2005 11:47:30 AM »

Awww, love the kitties. Smiley

I just finished this for my calico kitty http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/cmgulley/detail?.dir=6f5f&.dnm=1e41.jpg in orange (floor) and green (sides). I just thought the pink was a little much.

I had to steal it away from her to take the picture.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2005 07:54:18 AM by christy_cooper » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out the fibery goodness! http://crazymonkey.etsy.com
RuBy_ReD
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2005 02:33:06 AM »

I really want to knit this for my cat which I am getting on the weekend. I have moved to Australia so I can't get Lion Brand. I am going to use fun fur from a different company. Is fun fur the wool that has 1 inch thin pieces coming off it or the one with smaller (about 1cm pieces) coming off? I plan on using any 80%acrylic and 20%wool i can find.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Josiecat
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2005 11:47:44 AM »

I made this a while ago and my kitty ignored it.  I gave it to my SO's mom and her kitty (named 'kitty') loves it. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sati
Craftsterbator

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2005 04:59:44 PM »

How much did you guys pay for the yarn?  I started looking up the Furn Fur and Wool Ease the other night and it was looking like this was going to be a $50 project just for Lion Brand yarn...  How many skeins did ya'll use?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Holly ~
Brae_Day
« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2005 09:52:23 PM »

Josiecat, I'm so glad you found a home for your bed!  What a beaautiful cat bed, and what a... flattering model kitty shot...  Roll Eyes

Sati, I am half way thru my cat bed, (the base is done and I started on the wall,) and I used cheap old Red Heart for my cats.  I love them, but come on, like they care if I go for the cheap stuff.  Plus, it had the colors I wanted.  (lime green and royal blue.)

As for the fun fur, for the base, making the LARGE model, I used one skein less of it than called for, and had some left over.  I'm hoping the wall will be the same.

Hope that helps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sati
Craftsterbator

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2005 10:43:39 PM »

Oh dang, Brae!  I was thinking that this bed was felted like the Kitty Pi.  I didn't realize I could use a non wool.  But honestly, the Fun Fur is the most expensive bit.  I might reconsider and do a felted bed that they won't catch their claws in and trim it with fun fur on the top.  Just look at all these happy campers!  I bet I could make it for about $12 that way.  I will shell out for yarn that I will be wearing, taking care of, and appreciating for a good while, but my 3 cats can't care that much, hehe.  Thank you for the info!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Holly ~
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Birchbox Limited Edition Box: In Full Bloom
How to Get the Perfect Red Lip
Get Gorgeous Lashes Without Mascara or Serums
Best Colors to Enhance Brown Eyes
The Very Best Sunless Tanners and Beauty Creams
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...