A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 296,384
Currently Running With Scissors:
686 Guests and 38 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Bakeing without an oven ?  (Read 1156 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Monoh
« on: May 19, 2004 06:20:17 AM »

Hi everyone I am a newbie here ^^.

I have this problem, my friends birthday is comming (He is a guy) and I wanted to make him some cookies or small packets of candy and stuff as a side gift.

Problem is the oven is not working  Sad and I realyyyy want to bake him something.

So is it possible to bake something nice without the use of an oven ? like mircowave or something ?

I would realy appricate it if anyone would give me some recipes!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2004 06:34:03 AM by Monoh » THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*~Monoh~*~
Mojo
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2004 07:24:49 AM »

How about this:

Microwave Chocolate Fudge

3 2/3 cups confectioners' sugar
1/2 cup cocoa
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup butter
1 tablespoon vanilla
1/2 cup chopped pecans, optional

Combine and cook confectioners' sugar, cocoa, milk, and butter on high power  in microwave until butter is melted, about 2 to 3 minutes. Stir until smooth. Blend in vanilla and pecans. Spread into a buttered 8-inch square pan.  Cool completely.  Cut fudge in squares.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Idigmusic

Did I hear a niner in there?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2004 07:42:43 AM »

You can bake in toaster oven if you have access to one of those! or I had posted a peaut butter bar recipie a while back
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=919.0

or you could always try making an ice cream cake, if you will be able to keep it cold. I've made em before with my own made up recipies. They're pretty easy, you just have to plan extra time cuz you have to do it in stages- you also need freezer space Smiley. I can post ice cream cake tips if you are interested!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"When the only tool you have is a hammer,
everything looks like a nail"
melmelon

I'm a weird llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2004 08:49:18 AM »

what about some no-bake stuff....do you have access to a stove top?  if so, there's all kinds of stuff out there...]]http://cookie.allrecipes.com/az/NoBakeCkies.asphttp:// <--I make something similar to this, but I like to include coconut....for more ideas, just go to www.allrecipes.com and type in "no bake" or candy for lots more ideas.  There's also a killer recipe for peanut butter cups from How It All Vegan...lets see if I can remember it....if you don't want to do it vegan, just use the "real" equivalent
melt 1/2c. margerine
add 3/4c. peanut butter, 3/4c. graham crumbs, 1/4c. dry sweetener...stir to melt p.b.....put about 2 tbsp. mixture into PAPER LINED muffin cups.
topping:  melt 1c. choc or carob chips with 1/3c. soy milk (I'm not vegan, so I used 35% cream..but half and half or evaporated milk would work as well I would think)....pour over p.b. mixture and refrigerate...these are sooooooo addictive.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Monoh
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2004 04:29:48 AM »

Thank you so much! I will try all of them and see how it comes out! ^^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*~Monoh~*~
Monoh
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2004 04:34:12 AM »

.if you don't want to do it vegan, just use the "real" equivalent
melt 1/2c. margerine
add 3/4c. peanut butter, 3/4c. graham crumbs, 1/4c. dry sweetener...stir to melt p.b.....put about 2 tbsp. mixture into PAPER LINED muffin cups.
topping:  melt 1c. choc or carob chips with 1/3c. soy milk (I'm not vegan, so I used 35% cream..but half and half or evaporated milk would work as well I would think)....pour over p.b. mixture and refrigerate...these are sooooooo addictive.

Thanks! I am not a vegan either so its okay! even my friend is not a veg ^^ thanks for the recipes!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*~Monoh~*~
melidomi
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

knit like the wind!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2004 08:02:46 AM »

Oh yes, the 'no bake' stuff!  I'm totally in love with Jello no bake cheesecake.  All you need is a fridge and some way of melting butter as I recall.  (and a pie plate).  They have lots of other ones too: lemon bars, chocolate pudding pie type thing, good stuff like that
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Reconstructing the Japanese Farmhouse Minka
What It Means to Lead in Innovation Consulting Job
Exhibit Tour: Prada and Schiaparelli at The Met
Push Button House
2000 IKEA Hangers Transformed Into Art
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...