A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,561
Currently Running With Scissors:
413 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Bookmark Swap 4  (Read 7432 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

loves2experiment
Swap Moderator
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Irreverent. Indomitable. Incorrigible.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2005 09:47:48 AM »

scissorchic, I'm glad to hear that you've received my bookmarks and that you like them Cheesy  I can't wait to see what you've made and I'm sure they're awesome Grin 

Yay!  All my swap partners have received their bookmarks!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

...loves to experiment...not a monogamous crafter...

STS Spring Market 2014
Bigmouth

Lisa at heart

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2005 12:07:35 PM »

After a snafu with the Post Office (it got all the way here, apparently, and they sent it back!), I received today from box of purls.  The front is plaid, the back has "read" in 15 different languages, and the tassel (miraculously) is the same shade as the blue in the plaid (how on earth did you find those two to match???).  Here it is:

I wish the pictures were better, but my scanner decided to make some artistic decisions...  Thank you, box of purls!  It's really cute, and it's a great size for some books I'm using now!  And sorry about my mail carrier.  (I really don't get it... they deliver all kinds of odd things to me... I'm just glad they didn't deliver it down the street, like they did with a notification for an interview!)

Now I've received from all three!  Yay for my partners:  Pink Dinosaur, rhicooqui, and of course, box of purls!
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011 01:16:07 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.etsy.com/NilaCeramics
Buttons, dishes, pretty things
goatgoddess
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2005 02:26:48 PM »

Wow - all the bookmarks are just so neat - fun to see what everyone did, thanks for posting them.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

racehorse87
« Reply #53 on: November 27, 2005 10:39:50 AM »

Here are the fabulous bookmarks Kabili sent me (not one, but two!!)

The one on the left has a picture from Pride & Prejudice and has a quote on the back: "Now, be sincere; did you admire me for my impertinence?"

I've been using the red one a lot lately - its an awesome shape for most of my books.  Cheesy

Thank you very much!
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011 01:14:19 PM by jungrrl - Reason: changed links to images » THIS ROCKS   Logged
kabili

I'm not a llama anymore!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 27, 2005 12:42:46 PM »

yay! i'm glad they arrived and that you like them, racehorse87! i was begining to get worried because it seemed like they should have arrived sooner, but i had never mailed to canada before and really have no clue how long it takes.

don't you just wish you could be admired for impertinence? Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

where are we going, and why am i in this handbasket?
scissorchic
« Reply #55 on: November 27, 2005 07:31:34 PM »

Mine are on their way!!!!  Sorry I'm so late.  I have lots of excuses but I'll spare you guys.  I hope you like them!   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

smellymel
« Reply #56 on: November 28, 2005 12:40:29 AM »

i've had mine for awhile, but have spaced out posting. sorry about the pics. i've lost the drivers for my ancient scanner...and my camera just wasn't cooperating in my dark apartment.

the first one i got was from NVA. i love zombies! thanks mucho!

then goatgodess' super fabulous fat baby chinese new year poster bookmark rocked my socks off:

finally, flareon's "asian dragonfly". it's so delicate and beautiful...i don't want to use it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

girlwonder
« Reply #57 on: November 28, 2005 11:31:02 AM »

Yes, of course!  I'm already using it to read Speaker for the Dead.  I love it. 

And oops, I am sending TO Smellymel not the other way around.  Sorry.  Please disregard.    Embarrassed

I am totally in LOVE with Orson Scott Card- I just finished Speaker for the Dead (for hte 2nd time!) and bought Xenocide yesterday! I'm about a 3rd hte ay through it...I love it so much. Have you read the Bean part of hte series as well? I've read Ender's Shadow and Shadow of the Hegemon I think there's on ly one more left for me...hehe...I'm a bit addicted to his books...I started Lost Boys but it was so different from the Ender's Series that I had to stop and get Xenocide to curb my ender cravings though!!! haha...anyway, I just wanted to comment on the fect that we're reading hte same stuff and all and it's exciting cause it's so GOOD! Grin

-I'm a dork
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gracie Girlwonder

"A vagabond, when rich, is called a tourist." -unknown

"To be somebody, a woman does not have to be more like a man, but has to be more of a woman." Sally E. Shaywitz, neuroscientist
Flareon
« Reply #58 on: November 28, 2005 02:29:24 PM »

Girlwonder:
I'm still working my way through Speaker (about 1/3 into it).  I really enjoyed Ender's Game, but I have been told Speaker is even better.  I don't think I've read the "Bean" part yet unless you are referring to when he was a child in Ender's.  Anyway, I don't think it makes anyone "a dork" to be into sci-fi novels, quite the opposite, actually.  Wink

Back to the OT, here are the bookmarks I received from Melladh (top left), NVA (top right), and Goatgoddess (bottom left).  Please excuse the horrendous quality of the pic.  Something is wrong with my scanner that I just can't seem to fix. Angry

The tatted one from Melladh is actually a pretty sky blue and sparkly black, needless to say the pic does not do it justice.  The thread is absolutely tiny, which makes for a very delicate bookmark.

NVA sent me the awesome hand drawn bellydancer bookmark.  You can lift up her "skirt."   Grin

Goatgoddess did some research on Gothic Bellydance, and sent me a pic of Rachel Brice, one of my inspirations and favorite dancer ever. 

I love all my bookmarks, thank you ladies!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
girlwonder
« Reply #59 on: November 28, 2005 02:38:23 PM »

those are awesome bookmarks! I really like the bellydancer one!

Flareon-I think Speaker and Ender's Game are very different and that neither one of them is better or worse thean the other...they are the best! together...hehe. Ender's Shadow is a parallel novel where hte main character is Bean so the whole story is told from his perspective...it's JUST as good as the Ender one! I highly recommend it if you really like the series...oh-and I only siad I was a dork cause I was so excited about you reading it...not because I like sci-fi-OH how I love Sci-Fi!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gracie Girlwonder

"A vagabond, when rich, is called a tourist." -unknown

"To be somebody, a woman does not have to be more like a man, but has to be more of a woman." Sally E. Shaywitz, neuroscientist
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
John Lanchester Talks About His Novel "Capital" at Althorp
Claire Tomalin Talks About Her Work on Charles Dickens
Gavin Pretor-Pinney Talks Clouds at Althorp Literary Festival
What Makes Althorp Literary Festival So Different?
Dr Kate Williams Talks About Queen Elizabeth II at Althorp Festival
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...