A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 296,762
Currently Running With Scissors:
453 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 37
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Anthropologie-inspired capelet - Pattern + Tutorial!  (Read 476582 times)
Tags for this thread: shrug , capelet , tutorial , shawl , wrap , bolero , pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

marieavu
« Reply #150 on: February 24, 2006 03:56:08 PM »

That turned out really beautiful. Thank you for sharing the pattern. I will have to try this ...

GEEZ...once I discovered this website, I have so many new projects on my knitting hit list =)

Happy Knitting !
Marie
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Helenmay
« Reply #151 on: February 28, 2006 11:13:33 AM »

Sprung,

I was thinking of starting this but was scared about the YO bit, so thank you Sprung for your fab explanation! If I'd know if was that easy I'd have started it this morning!! Helen
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sprung
« Reply #152 on: March 01, 2006 06:42:59 PM »

crnaofca, I'm glad that you were able to find out what YO means in your language!

Helenmay, I'm glad my explanation helped you.  It really is so easy to do raglan with yarnovers...I want to make all of my knitted garments this way.  No seaming, and hardly any measuring -- I love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
samilynn9
« Reply #153 on: March 07, 2006 09:56:14 AM »

Question - Since i love this pattern and it is so easy - anyone have any idea if i wanted to convert it to a baby size version ( being 6 months prego I am looking for fun, easy baby things to knit ) - I am not good enough at calculations to figure out how to make the switch from Full adult size to baby size - Any ideas? I bet a baby size one would knit up in just a few hours.....:-) My kind of knitting  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sammy :-)
plainsight
« Reply #154 on: March 08, 2006 08:32:15 AM »

Just finished mine!!! It was so fun--I'll make one for my daughter next...

http://hookandi.blogspot.com/2006/03/julseys-bolero-anthropologie-inspired.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://hookandi.blogspot.com
New Crochet Pattern: Herringbone Mesh Jacket (http://www.lulu.com/content/2081514)
soozeq
« Reply #155 on: March 08, 2006 09:45:18 AM »

Question - Since i love this pattern and it is so easy - anyone have any idea if i wanted to convert it to a baby size version ( being 6 months prego I am looking for fun, easy baby things to knit ) - I am not good enough at calculations to figure out how to make the switch from Full adult size to baby size - Any ideas? I bet a baby size one would knit up in just a few hours.....:-) My kind of knitting  Grin

That's a good thought, many people have made them for their daughters or granddaughters. You could use thin baby sport yarn and smaller needles and follow the pattern for number of stitches and rows. If you have some baby clothes already, especially 6 mo - 1 year size, measure from the neck to the bottom of the armhole for that measurement, and across the back just under the sleeve, then make yours the same size. It might take a few tries to experiment and get the sizing right, but for baby clothes, they keep growing anyway, so a little larger wouldn't hurt. Wink

sue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sue
sweetpadee

I'll diffuse you!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #156 on: March 14, 2006 08:23:29 PM »

Ahhhh! So I was becoming adventurous (and kinda bored with knitting the Ribbed For Her Pleasure Scarf) and decided that this would be my first knitted clothing item. Well I got past the ribbing part and my boyfriend's kitty kinda got to it, boo, so I frogged it and started it with the seed stitch instead. I got past that part but then, oh man! Ha ha the yarn overs got me, I totally ended up with not enough stitches to finish the second row on. I started to panic and came on over to Craftster, because it and it's members are my heroes when it comes to crafty problems. Boy I'm glad I did that, because I found Sprung's explanation of the yarn overs. THANK YOU Sprung! I am printing it out right now! This prevented me from frogging it again... Phew!

Okay, I guess that's enough of my short Capelet dilemma story.

But thank you everyone for your great explanations and input, it really is helping me out as a newbie knitter! I'll post it when I finish, hopefully...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sprung
« Reply #157 on: March 14, 2006 10:02:48 PM »

Heehee, I'm glad to have helped.  Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Miss_T_Dane
Floderten

aka Floderten

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 22, 2006 08:47:18 AM »

I know this is probably a silly question, but for a minute I got a bit confused.. You write the gauge is 12 sts and 16 rows over 4". Does that mean that you counted 12 sts on the needle, and that 16 rows with this yarn produced 4"? Huh I usually don't have any doubts about gauge, but I guess it's just one of those days... Roll Eyes

Also, I'm guessing that the needle you used is 7 mm.?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2006 08:49:33 AM by Miss_T_Dane » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://flodertenstrik.blogspot.com -- ooh, a Danish blog! How exciting!
soozeq
« Reply #159 on: March 22, 2006 11:24:51 AM »

I know this is probably a silly question, but for a minute I got a bit confused.. You write the gauge is 12 sts and 16 rows over 4". Does that mean that you counted 12 sts on the needle, and that 16 rows with this yarn produced 4"? Huh I usually don't have any doubts about gauge, but I guess it's just one of those days... Roll Eyes

Also, I'm guessing that the needle you used is 7 mm.?

That's right, the gauge can also be read as 3sts and 4 rows per inch.

sue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sue
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 37 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Plant Markers Out of Spoons
Capri Style Table Decoration
How to Dress Your Table with Bread and Nuts
Center of the Table Decoration
How to Make a Kirigami Tree
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...