A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 299,136
Currently Running With Scissors:
397 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 37
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Anthropologie-inspired capelet - Pattern + Tutorial!  (Read 484584 times)
Tags for this thread: shrug , capelet , tutorial , shawl , wrap , bolero , pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

julsey723
How do I know about reality? I just play with sticks and string.

do you have jello?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: November 07, 2005 10:21:44 PM »

Have you seen this capelet from Anthropologie's Winter '05 collection? I think I figured out the pattern...Here are some photos of my interpretation, and the pattern. It's really easy (I started on Saturday!)

I used 1 balls of Rowan Polar on size 11 needles. (gauge = 12 st and 16 rows over 4)

CO 49 st
1 x 1 rib for 2 inches to create neckline

Raglan Increases: (you will need 4 stitch markers to separate the body into 5 sections: left front, left sleeve, back, right sleeve, right front)

Row 1, RS: k2, p6, yo, pm, p1, yo, p7, yo, pm, p1, yo, p15, yo, pm, p1, yo, p7, yo, pm, p1, yo, p6, k2
Row 2 and all WS rows: knit all stitches
Row 3 and all RS rows: k2, *p to next marker, yo, sl marker, p1, yo* repeat from * 3 more times, p until last 2 st, k2

Continue raglan increases until sleeve measures the circumference of your upper arm. End with a WS row.

Split sleeves and body:
RS: k2, p to 1st marker, move all st from 1st to 2nd marker onto scrap yarn (right sleeve).  P to 3rd marker.  Move all st from 3rd to 4th marker onto another piece of scrap yarn (left sleeve). P to last 2 st, k2.
WS: Knit all st
Continue in reverse stockinette stitch for 4 more rows
Switch to 1 x 1 rib, for 5 rows. BO all st

Sleeves:
Pick up all st from scrap yarn.
Work back and forth in 1 x 1 rib for 5 rows. BO all st
Seam ribbing on sleeves

Thats it, youre done!  This is easy, I swear! 
Finish with a pin at the neck, or sew a button on, whatever you want!
The other cool thing about this, is its reversible! I like the reverse st side better, its more vintage looking.

Here are some detail shots:

Thanks for looking!

Edit: oops...late night stitch counting leaves one (very important one) out...and adds one where it doesn't belong!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008 01:05:05 PM by jungrrl - Reason: edited to make title more descriptive » THIS ROCKS   Logged

**PM me if you have a copy of Patons Street Smart for sale or swap**
preg_replace('/(.{49})/', '$1 ', '_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________')
blog: www.peonyknits.blogspot.com
shop: www.julsey723.etsy.com
kimski
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2005 10:51:51 PM »

Yay, well done. Thanks for posting it!!! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tamantha
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2005 10:53:48 PM »

That's great! I gotta make my own one of these!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

miyoko79

Sigh...it's too true.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2005 11:42:42 PM »

Wow, it's so cute!  I think that may become my first knitted garment Smiley  Thanks for posting the pattern!

P.S.  If you don't mind my asking, what size do you wear?  I'm wondering if I should make it a bit larger (I'm about a size 12).
« Last Edit: November 07, 2005 11:46:08 PM by miyoko79 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"It turns out they do make hats in my size. They are called "BUCKETS" and they sell them at the hardware store."
loisgriffinwannabe
The knitter formerly known as Cutieknittahfairy...

Happy!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2005 11:56:28 PM »

You are amazing, julsey723  Shocked you always inspire me to make new stuff,  just when I vow to get throught the long list of to knits, you post something else beeyootiful, and look, there is a tutorial too! Geez.... what am I gonna do with you?  Roll Eyes

Just jokin btw, and lovely garment. I will just CO tonite and save myself the thought process of will I, won't I...

Start a KAL, julsey723... its only a matter of time before others jump in with both feet to make this.... they should have a place to land.

(Emmie poses like Horatio on CSI Miami, pushes her shades up her nose, places arms akimbo.... <in a dry mocking tone>what we have here gals, is a SERIOUSLY cool pattern... yup, you just do that... while I state the obvious...)

Emms  Grin
« Last Edit: November 08, 2005 12:02:28 AM by loisgriffinwannabe » THIS ROCKS   Logged

daizyduke
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2005 12:10:14 AM »

Hi. I just wanted to say that I like yours better than the $98 original. I really like it and at a fraction of the cost!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. ~ Maya Angelou
Baigneuse
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2005 01:05:47 AM »

Thanks for posting the tutorial, this is now on my list of "must make now" items. Very beautiful.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fleurs
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2005 02:21:13 AM »

Wowww that is beautifull, i'm a newbie but i will make it and seems to be easy.Thanks for the tutorial Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kimbabwe
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2005 06:12:04 AM »

Ooh, I love this!

And I love that so many people on this board have found designs out on Anthropologie and figured out how to make them themselves -- this is gorgeous! And a sweet knock-off!

Most definitely adding this to my queue -- thank you for providing the pattern!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
aeillill

blood hungry cannibalistic unfit family ties

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2005 06:41:48 AM »

I was wondering if you wouldn't mind posting the size of the garment?  I know I'm going to need to make it larger, and I was just wondering by how much
THIS ROCKS   Logged

laden autumn, here I stand
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 37 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Deborah Meyler: What Are You Reading?
Colleen Hoover: The Most Wonderfully Unexpected Bestselling Author
Abbi Glines Reveals Her Favorite Characters
Jamie McGuire Gives Aspiring Authors Advice
10 Questions for Elizabeth Gilbert
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...