A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,507
Currently Running With Scissors:
467 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 37
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Anthropologie-inspired capelet - Pattern + Tutorial!  (Read 479912 times)
Tags for this thread: shrug , capelet , tutorial , shawl , wrap , bolero , pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

arosep

Nerdy Scientist

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: August 09, 2007 09:20:30 AM »

I am at the point where the sleeve portion is long enough to match the circumference of my upper arm.  The pattern says to put the sleeves on waste yarn and then finish the rest of the sweater.

Can I finish off the sleeves first instead and put the rest of the sweater on waste yarn....I don't see why it can't be done this way but if not please let me know....I would hate to mess up at this point!  I would rather finish off the sleeves first and then do the rest as I am not sure how long I want mine to be yet and am fast running out of yarn....I might wing it...

I don't see any reason why you wouldn't be able to do that, except that its gong to be easier to move the smaller number of sleeve stitches to waste yarn than the very large number of stitches that make up the body.

I ran out of yarn binding off the ruffles for the last sleeve (darn ruffles!). I used a piece of orange yarn to finish it off and surprisingly, I hardly notice it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
soozeq
« Reply #311 on: August 09, 2007 10:55:46 AM »

I just use a circular needle to hold stitches while I knit the other ones. You can just knit off it when you're ready for that section.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sue
hillarybillary
your a pansy I'm a cowboy....

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: August 18, 2007 08:28:28 AM »

Can someone help me? I don't know how to yarn overe with out actually knitting a stitch. If I knit or purl a stitch when I yarn over then I end up haveing like 6 too few stitches.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hyerac
« Reply #313 on: August 18, 2007 09:19:56 AM »

Can someone help me? I don't know how to yarn overe with out actually knitting a stitch. If I knit or purl a stitch when I yarn over then I end up haveing like 6 too few stitches.

Just wrap the yarn around your right needle counter-clockwise one time, and knit the next stitch as usual.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
soozeq
« Reply #314 on: August 18, 2007 10:48:27 AM »

You'll still be knitting or purling a stitch after you wrap the yarn around the needle, but count it as the next one you need to do anyway instead of an extra.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sue
hillarybillary
your a pansy I'm a cowboy....

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: August 20, 2007 06:01:39 AM »

ok so I had to make one of these. It took me a handful of hours yesterday. I am so happy with how it came out. I used cheapy caron yarn worsted weight two stands held together on 11 needles.
ps its my first sweater or wearable (knitted) EVER!!!

doh! why cant i post pics?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2007 06:06:06 AM by hillarybillary » THIS ROCKS   Logged
sunnyskies*4*
« Reply #316 on: August 20, 2007 09:16:44 AM »

That turned out great and congrats on your first wearable! I love the colour too. I can see that going with alot of different colours very nicely. Its cool that it has almost a shine to it. Very nice job.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~~Sunnyskies~~
fenifer
i have freckles

there is no awesome without me.

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: August 23, 2007 10:23:45 PM »

hey there! I jumped on the capelet bandwagon. here is mine. as with a few of you, this is my first "non scarf, square" project. its nice. i used lion brand homespun in a green lookin color and size 11 needle. i think i did my guaging/measuring wrong, as this will fit someone that is nicole richie's size, not me. but it still looks good i think!

ah, oh well, at least i tried, it just shows i need to try harder.
thanks for lookin!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i am finally on ravelry!-----http://www.ravelry.com/people/fenifer
BlackResonance
« Reply #318 on: August 24, 2007 02:00:03 PM »

hey there! I jumped on the capelet bandwagon. here is mine. as with a few of you, this is my first "non scarf, square" project. its nice. i used lion brand homespun in a green lookin color and size 11 needle. i think i did my guaging/measuring wrong, as this will fit someone that is nicole richie's size, not me. but it still looks good i think!
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u294/fenifer/IMG_3612.jpg
ah, oh well, at least i tried, it just shows i need to try harder.
thanks for lookin!

You must have knit too tight, because with that yarn I made two different sweaters and used 10.5's and my sweaters came out a good size, more on the loose side and I'm no Nicole Richie. But you look like you didn't do as many increase rows...that's probably why. I had 14 on the first one and 12 on the second. Still...it looks nice, and comfy. I LOVE Homespun!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2007 07:01:49 AM by jMi - Reason: Please remove IMG tags when quoting pictures » THIS ROCKS   Logged
fenifer
i have freckles

there is no awesome without me.

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: August 24, 2007 02:13:19 PM »

yeah, it was nice yarn to work with. so comfy. i just need a little bit more practicing on my increases, this also was my first time following a tutorial. so, more practice  Smiley (at least its not practicing pulling teeth or something!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i am finally on ravelry!-----http://www.ravelry.com/people/fenifer
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 37 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do Block Printing
Hot Trends for Quilting Designs
Homemade Greeting Cards for the Holiday
Art of Basket Weaving
How to Do Indian Embroidery
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...