A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 296,760
Currently Running With Scissors:
471 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 37
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Anthropologie-inspired capelet - Pattern + Tutorial!  (Read 476571 times)
Tags for this thread: shrug , capelet , tutorial , shawl , wrap , bolero , pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

iridescent
« Reply #300 on: July 04, 2007 10:38:00 PM »

Thank you for the compliments! Smiley

As for the straps for the wrap style, I just picked up the stitches on the side, using the height of the bottom ribbing to determine the width of the straps.  I think that whatever your gauge is would determine exactly how many stitches you pick up :d  And then you just knit your straps as long as you want.  The ties work best if the length of your capelet is kept cropped.  Hope that helps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nfglrygrl
« Reply #301 on: July 05, 2007 01:22:43 PM »

iridescent, I really love the neckline on that first one. Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KittyCreates

So much crafting, so little time...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #302 on: July 05, 2007 03:52:51 PM »

iridescent- I'm working on this now, but couldn't figure out how to modify it.  Now that I've seen the wrap version, I know exactly what I'll do.  Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I would go out tonight, but I haven't got a stitch to wear"

http://kittyscreations.wordpress.com/

http://www.ravelry.com/people/KittyCreates
rjbell
« Reply #303 on: July 07, 2007 07:32:53 AM »

Here is the capelet I did.  I used Lion Brand DK Wool Ease that I got a few years ago.  Instead of a broach I used a cuff link that I found in my grandfather's cuff link and money clip box.  I have more about the caplet on my blog:
http://rhondaknitting.blogspot.com/2007/07/finished-anthropologie-inspired-capelet.html

The inside edge curls some.  I tried blocking but that didn't work.  Can I iron acrylic?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

---Rhonda
I'm moving to Seattle!  PM me if you know about knitting groups there! Or a favorite yarn store!
Knitting News Cast Podcast
My Knitting Blog
soozeq
« Reply #304 on: July 07, 2007 07:57:00 AM »

Don't iron acrylic. That much heat isn't good for it and it may still curl anyway. Just toss it in the washer and lay flat to dry.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sue
rjbell
« Reply #305 on: July 07, 2007 11:59:10 AM »

Don't iron acrylic. That much heat isn't good for it and it may still curl anyway. Just toss it in the washer and lay flat to dry.
Will do!  Thanks for the tip. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

---Rhonda
I'm moving to Seattle!  PM me if you know about knitting groups there! Or a favorite yarn store!
Knitting News Cast Podcast
My Knitting Blog
BlackResonance
« Reply #306 on: August 08, 2007 11:41:55 AM »

Will do!  Thanks for the tip. Cheesy

You can iron, just not directly. I usually work with acrylics because that's all I can afford and when I want to make something flat or thinner I make it wet, towel dry it so it's not sopping then lay it flat to dry, pinned down on my ironing board and when it's mostly dry I put a thin towel over it and have my iron on a low heat setting. As long as you have something over it, the yarn will be fine. Otherwise it may melt. Of course if you wear it a lot it will probably start curling again, so what you can do is knit a small strip and stitch it to the edge that's curling, or use cotton bias tape and stitch it on (probably not as bulky this way).
THIS ROCKS   Logged
arosep

Nerdy Scientist

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: August 08, 2007 10:02:56 PM »

Here is my finished version - I rounded the edges a bit (or tried to wing it and then aggressively blocked it into a rounded shape) and lengthened the sleeves, adding a peplum ruffle from knitting on the edge.

I loved it so much I wore it pretty much every day for two weeks, and I think my coworkers thought I was insane...

It's two skeins of worsted weight malabrigo loro barranquero, and it was glorious to knit. It's pretty much my favorite thing ever.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hyerac
« Reply #308 on: August 09, 2007 06:38:02 AM »

Here is my finished version - I rounded the edges a bit (or tried to wing it and then aggressively blocked it into a rounded shape) and lengthened the sleeves, adding a peplum ruffle from knitting on the edge.

It's pretty much my favorite thing ever.

And well it should be!  It looks FAB-ulous with the ruffled edge!  Excellent decision, and great execution!   Smiley Smiley Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
chocoholique

obsessed with knitting.

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: August 09, 2007 08:32:25 AM »

Wow, I love the ruffled edges!

Anyway, I have a question....I'm new to this thread and a newbie knitter.  Working on TWO of these capelets at the moment! This pattern is SO EASY TO FOLLOW!

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere but I lost patience sifting through all 31 pages of this thread and the KAL thread too.

Here's my question:
I am at the point where the sleeve portion is long enough to match the circumference of my upper arm.  The pattern says to put the sleeves on waste yarn and then finish the rest of the sweater.

Can I finish off the sleeves first instead and put the rest of the sweater on waste yarn....I don't see why it can't be done this way but if not please let me know....I would hate to mess up at this point!  I would rather finish off the sleeves first and then do the rest as I am not sure how long I want mine to be yet and am fast running out of yarn....I might wing it...

Anyway, let me know what's best.  Thanks girls

THIS ROCKS   Logged

my newly minted knitting blog:
http://knitsbyshannon.wordpress.com/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 37 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Monday Makeover - Disco Heat
How to Style the Perfect Top Knot
How to Do a Miley Cyrus Hair Style
The Monday Makeover - Singer Kilo Kish
Get Your Hair Looking Beautiful
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...