A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,113
Currently Running With Scissors:
623 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Craft-storage jeans  (Read 6225 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

starblossom
« on: November 07, 2005 03:28:29 PM »

I am sure this is not original. I made it a while ago when I got the idea off another craft board, I forget which one, so I can't properly thank whoever's idea it was. I altered the original design by changing the pocket size and adding some extra pockets and putting on my collection of pins. I also chose not to put glitter or anything on it because I wanted it to look like a normal pair of pants on the wall when people walk into my room, heh.

I also use the main part of the pants at the top as a pocket for some of my bigger stuff like pieces of fabric and knitting needles. That's my knitted-plastic bag I'm working on sticking out of the top. The smaller pockets I use for beads and my glue gun and candles and ribbons and stuff. I have more craft stuff somewhere so I'm thinking of somehow making a shirt to hold things, and then thumbtacking it above the jeans Smiley

Anyways, I've never entered a craft challenge on here so I just wanted to enter it for fun Smiley

and here's a close-up of one of the pockets

« Last Edit: April 06, 2010 05:31:28 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's not in what you say, it's in what you do. (Oasis)
http://neatstuffs.wordpress.com
hakue
Creative Chaos

You can't put that on a steak and eat it!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2005 04:43:27 PM »

Wow, that's awesome!  Right now the majority of my crafting supplies are in shoe boxes.  This is way cooler.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Skill without imagination is craftsmanship and gives us many useful objects such as wickerwork picnic baskets. Imagination without skill gives us modern art."
Tom Stoppard  

Horrah for quotes! Cheesy
geewillikers
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2005 05:57:44 PM »

that's great starblossom, I like how it could be mistaken for a normal pair of pants but it most certainly isn't.  How did you sew the pockets?  Is there a hidden lining inside or what? 
Hakue, most of my stuff is in shoe boxes too heheh.  why are shoe boxes the perfect storage place?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's not the end of civilization, but you can see it from there.....Robin Williams
spoonerism
gabriella.

gabriella

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2005 06:00:51 PM »

ooh its pretty... great idea.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BeaG
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Hi from Belgium!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2005 12:14:57 AM »

Functional and decorative, I like it!
Gr,
BeaG
THIS ROCKS   Logged

irid3sc3nt
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I <3 Halloween

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2005 05:37:26 PM »

I like it!  I haven't seen it before.  It's a great idea for a craft room.  (Hmm... if only I had my own craft room...)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy Shop
Pinterest
I am interested in Halloween Rinchies!
Swaps:  OTT October10/21, Creepy Cute Stuffie10/23
starblossom
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2005 09:58:11 PM »

Thanks! Smiley

The pockets are really easy. I am terrible with sewing but I managed to do this. You just choose where you want your first pocket (I made mine an inch or so below the lining of the regular pockets so as not to cut them short). Then cut a slit in the first layer of jeans, but not the second layer. Choose how deep and wide you want the pocket to be, and then sew the two layers of jean together where you want the pocket to end. I just sewed mine basically to the edge of the pants so I wouldn't have to sew the sides of the pocket to keep things from falling through. Then you just repeat down the rest of the leg, on both legs.

Don't know if I explained that too well. Just ask if you have more questions Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's not in what you say, it's in what you do. (Oasis)
http://neatstuffs.wordpress.com
mccameron.oxox
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2006 06:10:00 PM »

those are sweet. i keep all my crafty stuff hidden in a closet with all these empty racks. maybe i could make several of those and just hang the jeans on hangers? cute idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sorry if my being ninja intimidates you.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Playing Darts - The Game of Cricket
Playing Darts - Games of 301 and 501
Playing Darts - Proper Technique
Playing Darts - Equipment
Playing Darts - Basics
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...